PDA

View Full Version : Mal'Damba needs a buff.

ToryahIX
10-24-2016, 08:28 PM
He's so bad. His F needs a buff. He does no damage. His reload is way too slow. Hard to aim his reload. Slither is too short. Maybe 0.5 or 1 second longer. His firing rate is terrible. He has so much drop on his shots. His hitbox on his head is broken. WE NEED PALADINS TO FIX THIS. pls help.

ACorpse
10-24-2016, 08:45 PM
You've played one game with him, at least play around with his cards and try a few different strategies before casting him away.

TheSojourner
10-24-2016, 08:46 PM
LOooooool?
Slither, while travels a short distance, makes you invulnerable for the duration. His Reload is slow, yes, but he's almost meant to take Deft Hands (considering that he can spam and stunlock champs with his reload alone). His projectiles are the size of tiny elephants, and almost hard to miss (though they are addressing this next patch). His damage output and firing rate are superior to other supports, somewhat Paired with Pip. About hitboxes, I can't say anything.
Are you sure we are playing the same game?

ToryahIX
10-24-2016, 08:50 PM
You're right, I probably should. Also, how did you know that I only played one game?

ToryahIX
10-24-2016, 08:52 PM
I'm not asking for a massive buff. 1 second is not that long in a paladins match. His projectiles have so much drop it's not even funny. It's hard af to aim. His firing rate is terrible. Every support exceeds it. His healing is not as good as other supports. His hitboxes are broken on his head though.

Dretray
10-24-2016, 08:58 PM
MalDanba is best person i get 100 kills wiht him maldamba best chracter

TheCheesemaster
10-24-2016, 08:59 PM
I disagree, he is very nimble and can deal a fair amount of damage if he gets up close to you, he can also heal himself and the teammates around him while turning the control point into your teams favour with his molotov thing. The amount of times I've been chased by a Mal'damba jumping all over the place is incredible.

Dawnlazy
10-24-2016, 09:08 PM
Feel like the drop of his projectile should be less steep, I just find it awkward to hit with. Also would be nice if his right click had a bonus instant heal burst if you hit people from really far away just as a reward for the skill in getting those clutch healsnipes.

ACorpse
10-24-2016, 09:44 PM
You're right, I probably should. Also, how did you know that I only played one game?

There's a few websites that you can look people's game history up on. http://masterpaladins.com/ and http://paladins.guru/

Aptohh
10-24-2016, 09:46 PM
Maldamba doesnt need a buff,, he's pretty op already but he doesnt need a nerf either

DreamOuji
10-24-2016, 10:02 PM
Maldamba doesnt need a buff,, he's pretty op already but he doesnt need a nerf either

Remove his stun and give him a shorter reload.
What is he now. OP or UP? If your entire argument on him being strong is that you're forced to build reload to make him viable then he's just broken.

Aptohh
10-24-2016, 10:11 PM
Remove his stun and give him a shorter reload.
What is he now. OP or UP? If your entire argument on him being strong is that you're forced to build reload to make him viable then he's just broken.

his stun doesnt need to be removed, the only thing that might need to be nerfed is the radius of his leftclick attack

Aptohh
10-24-2016, 10:12 PM
and yes, i agree with giving a shorter reload

DreamOuji
10-24-2016, 10:27 PM
his stun doesnt need to be removed, the only thing that might need to be nerfed is the radius of his leftclick attack

Thats already been nerfed in tomorrows patch. I'm not saying his stun makes him op. I'm saying the stun is the only thing that gives people reason to think he's usable, otherwise he's weak.

Mal can't heal more than other supports, can't deal more damage, has a harder time surviving. You don't pick to play a Mal to heal, you pick him just to attack with because he has a stun and high damage per shot.

Aziul
01-21-2017, 05:51 PM
I would agree with that but time will tell if a buff or nerf is needed.:p

Jusey1
01-22-2017, 12:49 AM
Mal'Damba is currently best support. He just takes a lot of skill and knowledge.

Jusey1
01-22-2017, 12:53 AM
Mal can't heal more than other supports, can't deal more damage, has a harder time surviving. You don't pick to play a Mal to heal, you pick him just to attack with because he has a stun and high damage per shot.

Please tell me you are NOT serious here... PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME! This has to be all sarcastic... There is no way in heck someone can be this ignorance to one of the most famous support characters to have...

Mal'Damba, between his two abilities, has the HIGHEST heal rate in the game. No other support can out-heal a healing Mal'Damba.

His damage isn't as good as others, but this is because of how powerful his support side is.

Mal'Damba can easily have 32% resistance to all damage with +30% from Haven or Blast Shield, while also having 2,800 health in total... He can literally survive through any ultimate as long as you are healing your teammates, which is what you should do as a Support like Mal.

And his stun is great occasionally, you don't need to stun-lock people, just stun people whom are using shields, abilities, etc to deny them of their usage. While also helping your team get good easy kills...

And I can keep going on...

ThatOthell159
01-22-2017, 12:59 AM
I would agree with that but time will tell if a buff or nerf is needed.:p

Thread necro is real.

Mundal
01-22-2017, 05:43 AM
now that they nerfed his stun lock spam i guess a little reload buff wouldn't matter much.

Androxus The Godslayer
01-23-2017, 05:41 PM
Feel like the drop of his projectile should be less steep, I just find it awkward to hit with. Also would be nice if his right click had a bonus instant heal burst if you hit people from really far away just as a reward for the skill in getting those clutch healsnipes.

This I disagree. Many times you can ignore the height advantage of the opponent using the projectile drop, doesnt sound common but it is. Hraling can be done from. Very far disrances