PDA

View Full Version : Melee characters?

Twigs
11-17-2015, 07:37 PM
Was just wondering if there are plans to introduce melee type characters in the future? Or is this supposed to be a more shooter type of game?

Ashi
11-18-2015, 12:16 AM
Well, It seems to be more of a shooter Type game. I would Argue that Fernando is already a melee type character, though. He just gets a badass melee flamethrower.

but honestly, with the movement abilities in this game, making someone who has to be right next to someone would be a pain, because all the DPS ish characters have amazing Escapes.

Fadedxlich
11-18-2015, 03:50 AM
Well, It seems to be more of a shooter Type game. I would Argue that Fernando is already a melee type character, though. He just gets a badass melee flamethrower.

but honestly, with the movement abilities in this game, making someone who has to be right next to someone would be a pain, because all the DPS ish characters have amazing Escapes.

I say they could easily do something like what Overwatch did with Genji. He has ranged main attacks so he has something to do/isn't useless all game but his abilities are melee oriented. Something like that could work in paladins imo. Give them a medium-lower range main attack, let the abilities be melee focused.

Dwarfurious
11-18-2015, 08:05 AM
Please no Ninja. Unless its a goblin, i'd accept a goblin ninja. Its a shame the Orc and Dwarf, two typical Warriors, fulfill range/support roles, i guess to be 'different'. Does Barik have a brother? Hammer swinging Dwarf paladin!
http://orig03.deviantart.net/a8f8/f/2014/251/0/2/old_dwarven_paladin_by_seraph777-d7yhgzn.jpg

Ashi
11-18-2015, 09:49 AM
You don't like Grohk?!

You remind me of... BOOGERS.

Seriously though, It seems like to me that you can play Grohk as more then a support. Get a rooting totem, double heal, ghost walk burst, and he becomes insane. You can do insane DPS with him if you have good tracking. Its kind of he same way that Barik can take a support role, up to an offensive role.

With that being said, I suck with Grohk.

asukaibyakuya
11-18-2015, 12:13 PM
A melee character could have a good disable preventing mobility spells. Im sure hirez knows how to make a good melee character since their melee gods in smite are all great design except a rare few.

Olwe
11-19-2015, 09:59 AM
Please put Bellona in this game. Can't wait to get rekt by her! :D

Haze
11-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Theres already Ares.

Cenat
06-13-2017, 10:02 PM
yes zhin is coming out soon who is semi melee ish

Haxic
06-14-2017, 10:59 AM
You revived a post that was almost 2 years old. Shame on you.

Wallachia
06-14-2017, 11:05 AM
Please, check the post date before necroing a thread.

Thread closed.