PDA

View Full Version : Skye in the forum in a nutshell

MiuiKy
10-19-2016, 11:45 PM
PersonA: "Her ult is OP, nerf it!"
Devs: "Kay!"
Patch: Skye Toxic Time Bomb nerfed from 1000 damage per second over 5 seconds to 3000 damage instant, name changed to Time Bomb.

PersonB: "Her ult is BS! Gotta nerf!"
Devs: "Oookay.."
Patch: Skye Time Bomb nerfed, now has faloff applied according of how far the champion is from the bomb.

PersonC: "Skye ult is unfair! Change it!"
Devs: THE RIDE NEVER ENDS!!!
http://i.imgur.com/d4xSdxf.gif
Patch: Skye Time Bomb nerfed, name changed to Jack-in-the-box that does annoying noises to irritate enemies (It's cute tho').

sinosleep
10-20-2016, 12:03 AM
I think post patch it's fine. I used to die to it on every cool down cause you couldn't even tell what direction you were supposed to dash in. Now there's an arrow that makes it clear, and depending on what character you're playing with even with your movement ability on cool down it won't kill you if you can get to the yellow, which you can.

ChaosAnimagic
10-20-2016, 01:09 AM
Most of the complain is either from newbies that just started this game and doesn't know how to avoid Skye's Ult

or Line-of-Sight issues, which I mentioned before and by quite an amount of ppls, where even tho it's a yellow face indication on your screen, suggesting you're in a safe zone far away enough, you will still get hit (even tho now the damage isn't one shot, however it still do like 1000~1500 of damage... around 75% of most Champ's HP)

MiuiKy
10-20-2016, 01:21 AM
Most of the complain is either from newbies that just started this game and doesn't know how to avoid Skye's Ult

^This..

I was already OK when they just nerfed it to a instant 3000 damage and even though the faloff would be too much.. Anyway, ryt now, I believe her ult is fine, no more buffs or nerfs need to apply.

coffemilk
10-20-2016, 01:33 AM
ulti is nerfed, but i still can use it to get a kill. no problem then :cool:

OzzyOzzy
10-20-2016, 01:34 AM
Before patch 34, it was blasphemously annoying getting insta-killed by it even when you were out of the AoE's danger circle. Now, with the indicator, and the damage dropoff, it's more balance. It can still get a Quad Kill with well-timed placement, but it also allows more knowledgable players to run away if they have the chance.

And even if they do run, they still take some 500s of damage, so the Ult isn't borderline useless. It rewards quick reaction, and punishes slow, unattentive players. How an Ult should be.

xXPancho69Xx
10-20-2016, 01:45 AM
Im kinda curios tho, Anime name? and if you dont know it is fine, im just curios about

ThatOthell159
10-20-2016, 01:55 AM
The ult is fine now, during OB33-34 Skye would get free triple's and streaks every time her ult comes up.

Not to mention the bugged payload, sometimes you hide behind it and die and sometimes you live.

MiuiKy
10-20-2016, 07:33 PM
Im kinda curios tho, Anime name? and if you dont know it is fine, im just curios about

Ao no Exorcist.

Mites
10-21-2016, 06:42 AM
Skye was jsut balanced (and imo a bit weak) patch 33, when her ult was quite strong, but her kit rather weak. She has huge damage but only at close range, and her mobility is realy weaker than other flankers. So yes she can be invisible but footstep and map awareness make her easy to counter.
Now she got a double huge nerf on her ultimate, without a up in hp/dps/mobi and is by far the worse char even worse than grover.

That's the problem when you give nerf to a char that is far from OP, she wasn't pick in ranked in OB33 and won't she pick until she get buffed again.
The ult is probably not what you hsould buff, because noob will complain, but the range (reduce in drop) or the mobility are good leads imo, because now all you need to do is to pay attention to where she is.

SilentSorrow
10-21-2016, 06:54 AM
I've only played like 1 game with her after the patch, but I was still doing well with her. Also, I find her Ult much more balanced now.

MiuiKy
10-22-2016, 05:47 PM
LoL, someone gave me a negative reputation for "trolling", guess that person doesn't know what a joke is..

AngryBes
10-22-2016, 08:34 PM
Skye was jsut balanced (and imo a bit weak) patch 33, when her ult was quite strong, but her kit rather weak. She has huge damage but only at close range, and her mobility is realy weaker than other flankers. So yes she can be invisible but footstep and map awareness make her easy to counter.
Now she got a double huge nerf on her ultimate, without a up in hp/dps/mobi and is by far the worse char even worse than grover.

That's the problem when you give nerf to a char that is far from OP, she wasn't pick in ranked in OB33 and won't she pick until she get buffed again.
The ult is probably not what you hsould buff, because noob will complain, but the range (reduce in drop) or the mobility are good leads imo, because now all you need to do is to pay attention to where she is.

Good, keep it this way. I don't want to see Skye ever.

R3DBelmont
10-23-2016, 01:51 AM
Good, keep it this way. I don't want to see Skye ever.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/65783486.jpg

DreamOuji
10-23-2016, 02:20 AM
I feel like Skye is fine this is coming off as an Evie, which can pretty much die in 2/3 of a clip from a Skye. But her weapon has drop off so this is where it comes to balance.

Most of the countering is surrounding being able to see her before she gets close enough that theres no drop off in dmg, otherwise she'll kill you instantly.
Now this is where things dip off into problematic terrorory. She's able to kill any non-tank with a single clip, with tanks it's simpily just the poison darts required and they're pretty much dead with that 1 second supprise attack you deal. I feel like for a flanker her poison bolts are too strong for the low cooldown she has, add this with the fire rate/reload she can go 1 on 1 with a tank. I feel like this dosen't fit a flanker where you have the ability to assassinate literally anybody, I'd argue this makes her more of a damage role than a flanker as invisibility is the only reason she's considered one.

As for her ult, I really don't see why everyone is complaining. It's not like you can't see her walk up to you, plant it, watch it beep and still not have enough time to escape the instant death zone.

Only issue is the poison bolts, which should be current health and not max health DoT.

R3DBelmont
10-23-2016, 02:39 AM
Only issue is the poison bolts, which should be current health and not max health DoT.

Problem I have with this statement is the same problem Skye has if she misses those bolts... it's currently her only main source of damage and can easily be missed if she's not close enough to her target, if she DOES miss not only will she do peanut damage, but she has also given away her position which spells disaster if there are strong damage dealers around to burst her down... By making those bolts weaker then you'd be effectively punishing skye players for even playing her in the first place. She needn't be nerfed any further, lest she suffers the same fate as all the other cloakers from pretty much every MOBA I can think of (Rikimarou and Nova anyone?... and if you don't get it, i'm pretty much saying further nerfs would demote her to noobstomper and nothing else...)

MiuiKy
10-23-2016, 02:57 AM
Skye for me is fine BUT we get all these new guys that just had a bad run with one and create an account on the forum JUST to create a thread explaining how much her ult is BS.. Dude problaby didn't even played that much to realize you can hide behind covers and her ult used to be WAY more stronger before and already suffered 2 MAJOR nerfs.. The ride never ends, mah duds! The ride NEVER-ENDS!

I admit I complained about her ult once BUT that was when it was the bullshit 1000 DoT over 5 seconds aka 5000 damage with no falloff! That was trully BS and kinda hard to avoid if there wasn't any cover around, at least you could use shields to block it too.. When the first nerf hit, sure, 2000 less damage was a huge thing BUT now she could pass through shields so one of the defensive methods were gone but now with the falloff, I guess it's fine.

About the poison bolts, yeah.. She can kill all squishies with a single clip plus the massive reload speed she gains from cards after the poison bolt.. She can unload 2 clips in a second, DPS for days! The main counter of her is.. Well.. Awareness like you stated, if the surprise effect is off, any tank or off-tank like Buck can pick on her easily, I see Barik and Makoa as good counters for her, Barik cuz with 2 sentries he can 2 shots her and Makoa because of his hook, sadly, apparently all my teammates I team up with are deaf and can't hear the loud decloack noise she does, people who tunnel vision a lot suck and I've been seeing a lot of those and those are Skye's main pray..

DreamOuji
10-23-2016, 03:16 AM
Problem I have with this statement is the same problem Skye has if she misses those bolts... it's currently her only main source of damage and can easily be missed if she's not close enough to her target, if she DOES miss not only will she do peanut damage

150 damage per bolt, it takes 1.5 seconds to fire her entire clip which deals 2,250 dmg. This is her main source of damage not her poison bolts, she can put anyone down with this. We don't take "accuracy" into this discussion because you can easily say Drogz has the weakest ult in the game because you can "miss". This is why we don't factor in anything but master god/pro level player scenarios for both the user and the target.

The reason for the suggestion to change it to current and not max is because with invisibility, you will 100% land your initial attack. It's unrealistic to expect Skye to have the ability to take a tank from 100% hp down to 10-20% hp in less than 3 seconds, of that it also reduces healing by 50%.
As a hero with the assassin theme, being able to assasinate a tank is really pushing the limits as she ends up having 0 flaws in her offensive capability.
Most Skyes are used to kill the tank rather than as the role suggests "Flank" when it comes to higher ranked games as having the ability to 100-0 anyone, why pick-off the damage or support role when you can kill the tank thats stopping your team from getting the objective?

Rainheart
10-23-2016, 07:45 AM
should we turn her into a melee champ? hariez, give us back the 100% preparation card, give us back the 400 bonus dmg out of stealth card... return us the monster:(

R3DBelmont
10-23-2016, 12:38 PM
The reason for the suggestion to change it to current and not max is because with invisibility, you will 100% land your initial attack. It's unrealistic to expect Skye to have the ability to take a tank from 100% hp down to 10-20% hp in less than 3 seconds, of that it also reduces healing by 50%.
As a hero with the assassin theme, being able to assasinate a tank is really pushing the limits as she ends up having 0 flaws in her offensive capability.
Most Skyes are used to kill the tank rather than as the role suggests "Flank" when it comes to higher ranked games as having the ability to 100-0 anyone, why pick-off the damage or support role when you can kill the tank thats stopping your team from getting the objective?

First off, the only way she could possibly 100-0 a tank player is if that player has 0 awareness, it takes about 2-3 good seconds (assuming she has the reload card) for her to KO a tank without him getting any support or shielding whatsoever. Second of all, her Poison darts give her a role to fill, just like every champion in this game has (Explosive champions do bonus damage to shields, Some champions can reload faster, others have higher inate Life Leech, etc...), this does NOT make her poison arrows OP, especially considering that they only add an extra 30 damage to the 150 Base damage to what seems like EVERY champion in the game (the DoT of the poison Bolts is what will do up to 30% of the champions Max health, assuming all poison arrows hit, not only can it easily be countered by burn cards, but it's damage would lose effect on champions with lower HP...)

Lastly, you talk about her being nerfed without even considering human error which is utterly ludicrous, as though every player in Paladins was the 0.000001% L33T player or has an aimbot to never miss a single shot... Not only is this just as Unrealistic as an expectation for nerfing one ability based on what I've said, but completely unreasonable as well (if you were to compare all the damage that Skye does on average compared to other champions in the game, I can bet my money it would be far lower than people think...). She only has two means of invisibility, both of which require investing and can easily be countered by said "pro" players you say can be godly with skye, not to mention as I said before, to do her max DPS she has to put herself in danger as her base damage gets halved by the 15-20m range and become harder to hit due to her bolts being projectiles NOT bullets (you more so than anyone as an Evie player should understand this, I mean FFS, at least Evie has two spammable escapes AND an invincibility move on top of being able to 2-3 shot most squishies, while Skye only has two escapes (technically one) which will cancel out immediately if she's hit or attacks and will go on long cooldown)...

As it is now it is FAR less viable to hard carry as a Skye than it is to carry as a Cassie, Buck or hell, even Evie ;x . She just gets countered too hard by people playing smart and grouping up since she won't be able to get in without blowing up before she can escape. This just means Skye players can pwn noobs, doesn't make her OP though...