PDA

View Full Version : Grover = useless

AngryBes
10-19-2016, 09:12 PM
Do something about this pos, he is unplayable.
His Left click attack doesn't make sense, it should work in reverse.

mrpenguin19
10-19-2016, 09:18 PM
Asides from the contradiction that is his healing and basic attack, Grover is otherwise a great champ.

DuqueFTW
10-19-2016, 09:43 PM
if you reverse grover damage out put thats 1200 per click without even aiming you can totally crush anyone in your path

hes damage calculation is on spot if you go heal your ally you deal less and if you want to deal more youre sacrificing your passive heal

MiuiKy
10-19-2016, 10:30 PM
Grover useless.. WoW..
So you don't know how to play Grover and now he sucks? Good stuff..

OzzyOzzy
10-20-2016, 01:36 AM
Grover is TERRIFYING if given to an expert. I believe he can dish out the most DPS out of all the supports (biased, obviously. Pip is a good runner up) and can keep players alive if he keeps them healed gradually and in critical moments.

Frankly Grover is very balanced. Just don't suck with him.

Rainheart
10-20-2016, 08:02 AM
my only beef: why his dmg to deployables is just 300 despite range?

SoulJoker
10-20-2016, 08:43 AM
Grover underpowered? Wow I must be bad at this game then because I get diced by Grover on many occasions.

Risiko94
10-20-2016, 08:55 AM
I think grovers design is very strange. You have to be close to your allies to heal them, but you have to be far away from the enemys to deal decent damage. The only situation where this could be useful if you stick grover, snipergirl and shooterdude in one position and a strong tank with illusionhealgirl on the point.

Nikoto
10-20-2016, 08:58 AM
Grover is just fine..

EpplZ
10-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Grover is a beast, in decent hands and if you dont take cauterize you can simply go pick flowers and wait for the game to end

SilverSmokeGame
10-20-2016, 11:09 AM
I don't agree. He is a great support and his attack is decent. It is just too slow moving as an attack.

RitchBascist
10-20-2016, 11:10 AM
Paired with another healer, he's great for Attrition matches.

And those spammy axe throws. Getting the occasional '1200 axe throw' feels good, too.

tFruitJuice
10-20-2016, 11:27 AM
Grover is a fucking tree that wants to fuck you with axes, is a monster in the right hands >:V

sinosleep
10-20-2016, 01:51 PM
The problem with Grover is people seem to think he's dps. The number of games I've played as a tank where Grover is off fuck knows where doing fuck knows what and finishing the game with 8k heals is infuriating.

FenexDragonis
10-20-2016, 07:06 PM
grover has a few issues that need to be ironed out..

#1 is the contradiction of his kit... where the player has to choose to support/heal or deal damage... his aura though not bad is not great either... and when you have a 1k heal on a 15 second base cooldown...

#2 a huge bug that been around for a few patches now... projected shields (ie makoa/ fernando/barik) zero out the bonus damage of his basic attack... meaning you do 300 damage to those shields no matter the distance... (this seems to only effect grover... as androxus still gets his bonus for defiance)

his big gimmick is his healing aura... which is so weak very rarely will it make a difference..... and for those of you who think hes a great healer because you see big healing numbers at the end game scoreboard... keep in mind... thats ALL healing done... meaning if hes not at full health your getting 80 health a second contributed to that... just from the aura applying to himself...

its kinda like grohk's damage... sure ive seen games with grohks dealing 200K+ damage.. but its not because does to much damage... its because he can hit multiple targets and bloat the numbers.....

think about it if everyone on your team is grouped around you as grover and is mildly damage... thats 400 health a second theoretically... yes its healing done... but its such a minor amount, that it will rarely make a difference...
then you look at the actual heal of blossom... which is 1k on a 15 second base cooldown... pips healing potion is 1k on half the cooldown (and its a projectile).... grohks totem also has about the same base cooldown but with the healing rain card... he can out heal most damage..

then you look at damage... okay yes grover has the potential for 1200 damage hits, but how often are you going to get that scenario where there is enough range for that to occur, very rarely on siege... in payload its a bit more likely...but then your also out of position to do so and are not supporting your team... oh and like i said if theres a barik fernando or makoa shield...welcome to 300 damage axe throws from across the map..

theres just entirely to much contradiction or gimmick to grover in his current state..... if my team needs more a damage support... take pip... if your team needs more healing support.. ying or even mal'damba if the player knows how to use him..... and with any of the other three supports... you get more reliable damage, who can heal at the same time... not being forced to pick healing or dealing damage...

long story short... blossom needs a rework and/or the throw axe damage gimmick needs to be removed and his damage more normalized