PDA

View Full Version : Skye's Ultimate vs. LoS

jaladreips
10-19-2016, 05:56 PM
Never enough Skye Ulti threads.

Anyway, what did I do wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXf3J6kSKyY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HHf2G9__UU

Besides not dodging, we were sure that we will win anyway, so I didn't give a damn.

sinosleep
10-19-2016, 06:24 PM
sarcasm?????????????

jaladreips
10-19-2016, 06:28 PM
If sarcasm is the reason I got hit by Time Bomb while standing behind a shield, then you were very helpful. Thanks

sinosleep
10-19-2016, 07:02 PM
From what I understand Barik's shield isn't meant to break los.

MiuiKy
10-19-2016, 10:38 PM
Wow..
Her ult got nerfed TWICE and we still get these kind of threads.. I guess until the devs change her ult for a Jack-in-the-Box that does nothing other than make annoying noises people won't stop complaining about her ult.. Maybe..

jaladreips
10-19-2016, 10:53 PM
Wow..
Her ult got nerfed TWICE and we still get these kind of threads.. I guess until the devs change her ult for a Jack-in-the-Box that does nothing other than make annoying noises people won't stop complaining about her ult.. Maybe..

You know what's more annoying than something being OP?

Something being inconsistent or just plain unfair. There is no information anywhere that shield's act as a barrier for any attack except an ultimate that is an explosion with a well defined center. Grumpy bomb - fine, Fire Spit - no problem, but suddenly Time Bomb - here, let me ignore your wall. That means that if you get destroyed by something over and over so many times that you decide to look up online for possible counterstrats, you still may lose because you tried to use logic instead of printing an A4 sheet of what you can and what you shouldn't do in a given situation. Nobody who plays even remotely seriously like to suddenly hear "Oh, you didn't know? It just works that way"

AngryBes
10-19-2016, 10:55 PM
It's still annoying as fuck. She is the only champion that legitimately frustrates me.

MiuiKy
10-19-2016, 11:35 PM
So I guess her ult will never be good enough.. Gee!
I was here since when her ult used to do 1000 damage per second over 5 seconds.. THAT'S 5000 DAMAGE! NO FALOFF! If you get hit you slowly die unless if you're Fernando.. Then they changed to 3000 damage and, by me, that was fine and better than the 5000.. Yet, they nerfed it one more time to 3000 damage with faloff, now I feel this ult only potential is to scare enemies off the point, the damage is pitiful from a long distance, for a ult at least, and the only ones I see dying for it are, with no offense, fools that can't hide behind a prop or doesn't even try to run away.. How much more nerf do you want?! I doesn't even play Skye, I hate the bitch, I main Kinessa and we all know how Skye can be annoying for her and even I can see that complaing about her ult being OP is POINTLESS, just GET-OUT-OF-THE-WAY!

sinosleep
10-19-2016, 11:51 PM
You know what's more annoying than something being OP?

Something being inconsistent or just plain unfair. There is no information anywhere that shield's act as a barrier for any attack except an ultimate that is an explosion with a well defined center. Grumpy bomb - fine, Fire Spit - no problem, but suddenly Time Bomb - here, let me ignore your wall. That means that if you get destroyed by something over and over so many times that you decide to look up online for possible counterstrats, you still may lose because you tried to use logic instead of printing an A4 sheet of what you can and what you shouldn't do in a given situation. Nobody who plays even remotely seriously like to suddenly hear "Oh, you didn't know? It just works that way"

The counter is simple, RUN.

Here's the patch note

Time Bomb
Better HUD indicator warning for skye ult
Damage now falls off the further you are away from the Time Bomb’s center.

“Time Bomb is an ability intended to create area control and spread out groups, but it was too effectively punishing players who were correctly reacting to the bomb and spreading out. The goal of these changes is to make sure Time Bomb is still a powerful tool for splitting up groups, but it’s not as good at picking up kills on players who are moving away from it.”

The ENTIRE point of the ultimate is to move you off the point. If you could block it with shields it wouldn't be doing it's job now would it? Just hit F and move out of the damned way. Hell, depending on your character you don't even have to use a movement tool. If you can get to the yellow it won't one shot you any way.

I used to die to her ultimate on practically every cool down, I think I've died to it like twice since patch because now it has a nice fat arrow telling you what direction you need to run away from as opposed to when you just randomly dashed in a direction that half the time was towards the damned thing.

MiuiKy
10-19-2016, 11:59 PM
The counter is simple, RUN.

Here's the patch note

Time Bomb
Better HUD indicator warning for skye ult
Damage now falls off the further you are away from the Time Bomb’s center.

“Time Bomb is an ability intended to create area control and spread out groups, but it was too effectively punishing players who were correctly reacting to the bomb and spreading out. The goal of these changes is to make sure Time Bomb is still a powerful tool for splitting up groups, but it’s not as good at picking up kills on players who are moving away from it.”

The ENTIRE point of the ultimate is to move you off the point. If you could block it with shields it wouldn't be doing it's job now would it? Just hit F and move out of the damned way. Hell, depending on your character you don't even have to use a movement tool. If you can get to the yellow it won't one shot you any way.

I used to die to her ultimate on practically every cool down, I think I've died to it like twice since patch because now it has a nice fat arrow telling you what direction you need to run away from as opposed to when you just randomly dashed in a direction that half the time was towards the damned thing.

^This, FUCKING THIS!!!

But give up dud.. It doesn't matter how much Hi-Res nerf this ult, people will still be dumb enough to simply GET OUT OF THE WAY and take the bomb to the face and be like "Too BS11!!11! Need Nerfs!!1!!1".

https://i.imgflip.com/1cnn40.jpg

ProfessorFart
10-20-2016, 12:03 AM
Okay first:

Time bomb being able to destroy shields is something meant to force the frontline champions off the point so that they can preserve it, so the explosion, at least presumably for that matter, shouldn't be able to penetrate those shields and instead, simply destroy them. Otherwise, it seems like an unnecessary sense of overkill. It doesn't make Time Bomb OP per say, but if its explosion ignores shields and damages all champions in range, then why even destroy the shields. Kinda defeats the purpose. Grumpy bomb's increased damage to shields is enough to make a Fernando flee the point.

Secondly (which appears to be the bigger issue partially regarding this ult):

Another issue seen here at least in the case of LoS, is that Time Bomb and Grumpy Bomb are apparently not being blocked by LoS via the payload cart for some reason. Lately I've been experiencing this issue myself where I leave line of sight via the cart and the threat indicator for Grumpy/Time bombs turn from red to yellow indicating you are close to them but you cannot be hit, yet I still am hit.

SubjectToChangePLDNS
10-20-2016, 07:06 AM
It destroys shields so they don´t render her ENTIRE ULT USELESS by protecting everyone behind the shield from its damage. You should read patchnotes more thoroughly :)

Regarding your videos, Skye´s ultimate just SEEMINGLY interacted differently with Bariks shields there.

a) In the first video, it seemed like it went right through your shield, but in reality it was just still in the deployment animation, although VERY close to completion. I watched the video at the moment in question frame by frame and your hud first indicated a hit by her ultimate at 13.78s. Unfortunately your shield stopped expanding the VERY next frame (13.81s) So I absolutely understand why you´d have thought that her ult simply ignored your shield but that wasn´t the case. The shield still stood after Skye´s ult because if you could destroy it in it´s windup animation that´d be broken. Of course the video has 60fps because YT says so, but even if your fps ingame was higher it was still a guaranteed hit before the shield was fully deployed.

b) In the second video Skye´s ult functioned just as intended in its current iteration.
Your shield was up and working, but the Time Bomb simply destroyed it and did its dmg according to you and your allies´ respective distance to it. Cassie + Viktor got behind cover in time -> no dmg at all, Buck and Pip got hit but they got away far enough before the ult exploded for its dmg to not kill them (although Pip just survived with like 10hp or so :D close call u furry little messenger of Satan)
You on the other hand had ~2.6k dmg at the time of explosion and stood a point´s diameter away from it, clearly not enough to save you from your untimely demise :)

SoulJoker
10-20-2016, 07:50 AM
Just hide behind something like a box or the cart.