PDA

View Full Version : Skye Ult Changes

DeadNexus
10-19-2016, 01:25 PM
Skye is a great champion and does what she does best, assassinating. Her ult on the other hand feels to out of place in her playstyle, also her ult does insane amounts of damage in a huge area without any damage drop off. HiRez should look at giving the attack a damage dropoff, a general damage reduction to 1500 damage or change it completely, like only working on one target and damaging others around that target, like a tag bomb.

sinosleep
10-19-2016, 02:12 PM
It already got patched, it's fine.

Time Bomb
Better HUD indicator warning for skye ult
Damage now falls off the further you are away from the Time Bomb’s center.
“Time Bomb is an ability intended to create area control and spread out groups, but it was too effectively punishing players who were correctly reacting to the bomb and spreading out. The goal of these changes is to make sure Time Bomb is still a powerful tool for splitting up groups, but it’s not as good at picking up kills on players who are moving away from it.”

Rivx
10-19-2016, 04:57 PM
Does it have a vertical hitbox at all? I literally jumped up in the air 3 times with Androxus and still got one-shot by it.

ACorpse
10-19-2016, 05:22 PM
There was some speculation that it's not a sphere around the bomb but an infinite height cylinder. Seems to be born out by your experience. :/

coffemilk
10-19-2016, 05:35 PM
Skye is a great champion and does what she does best, assassinating. Her ult on the other hand feels to out of place in her playstyle, also her ult does insane amounts of damage in a huge area without any damage drop off. HiRez should look at giving the attack a damage dropoff, a general damage reduction to 1500 damage or change it completely, like only working on one target and damaging others around that target, like a tag bomb.

the idea of changing it into a tag bomb is, well.... interesting, but it would be straight too easy to use to get a kill (can you imagine how easy it is to tag it in the back of a tank? or tag a long range hitter like kinessa & cassie)
and overall, skye's ulti already been nerfed anyway

Rainheart
10-20-2016, 12:20 AM
Does it have a vertical hitbox at all? I literally jumped up in the air 3 times with Androxus and still got one-shot by it.

Must be lagged or something, it's never worked like that from the beginning. It's dome blast, radius is about 65u.

Since ob35 hf #3, I exp some strange things when playing Skye. Sometimes, it's like that the bomb detonated faster than normal. I maybe was lagged or it's just the feeling. And 1 time, somebody said this on bug report, I set the bomb then it disappeared.

MiuiKy
10-20-2016, 12:31 AM
The debate about Skye's ult will never end I see.. Even tho' it already got changed from 1000 damage per second over 5 seconds to 3000 damage to 3000 damage with faloff..

SubjectToChangePLDNS
10-20-2016, 08:09 AM
HiRez should look at giving the attack a damage dropoff, a general damage reduction to 1500 damage or change it completely, like only working on one target and damaging others around that target, like a tag bomb.

I already suggested something like this in my Thread about Skye´s current state and how her kit could be improved :)

http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?15546-A-SKYE-Mains%C2%B4-analysation-of-her-state-of-balance-tweaking-suggestions