PDA

View Full Version : Make Evie equal with other characters

Tsookie
10-18-2016, 08:19 AM
I've noticed how much easier it is to kill her now and how much her mobility has been reduced. Being able to blink from ice block was a necessary part of her character. I could understand the change to make it so she can't blink while crippled since it is a movement ability, but blinking from ice block was one of her fundamental characteristics. Her health is too low to not have that mobility. Every other hero in the game can string their abilities together. I don't see why Evie doesn't have that luxury. Now all everyone needs to do is aim at her when she gets in the ice block, everyone can circle her take aim, and the moment she gets out, she can't blink so she's dead.

TheZurreal
10-18-2016, 10:13 AM
No. Her mobility was too high. Blinking in your ice block isn't fundermental, it was just a misused ability. Your ice block is there to protect yourself from any burst, not to jump in the middle of a battle. Evie is good, you just need use your brain and act like a flanker (which means get in quick and kill one guy, then run away)

Raviollius
10-19-2016, 07:01 AM
Or... you can learn to play her again instead of insisting on relying on a tactic that was removed?

Face it, iceblock blinking doesn't exist anymore, stop putting yourself in situations that you'd only survive if you had it.

DuqueFTW
10-19-2016, 07:14 AM
Or... you can learn to play her again instead of insisting on relying on a tactic that was removed?

Face it, iceblock blinking doesn't exist anymore, stop putting yourself in situations that you'd only survive if you had it.

listen to this dude

ice block blink is pretty OP and if you play your cards right evie is an unstoppable monster

IIIXCaliburIII
10-19-2016, 09:10 AM
Agreed with all the replies. Ice block Evie was way too strong. For a squishy character it was way to easy for her to survive ANY fight and virtually no counter play. You could never kill her, she would get away with low hp, nothing could stop her unless you were a bad Evie player.

Now she has to make the decision of whether going in for the kill will be worth it or not, and she had repercussion if she should fail the attempt. Just get her black hole card which allows her to blink in and blink out in 4 sec time frame. This still allows her to get out relatively safely from team-fights (added heal from other cards maybe), although she's supposed to flank (1v1 or 1v2 at most)

Tsookie
10-19-2016, 11:42 AM
can they at least fix her health???

TheZurreal
10-19-2016, 03:02 PM
can they at least fix her health???

what is to fix? it is perfect for her role and damage output.

SubjectToChangePLDNS
10-20-2016, 07:38 AM
I agree that she has too easy a time killing her opponents and that her healthpool should be very low and that she shouldn´t be allowed to blink in Ice Block. If it really is that easy to kill an Evie right as she comes out of Ice Block then maybe Hi-Rez could balance it by changing her frame data, like developers do in Beat´em´up games for example.

Other than that I think the biggest problem to Evie´s gameplay health atm is not how her Ice block functions but her LMB.
Her long range rockets with huge AOE just don´t fit the role of a flanker. Sure in close range it works, but
a) it works just TOO well in a close quarters fight because you virtually can´t dodge her LMB due to it´s bonkers AOE size, and
b) her LMB being a projectile (= no dynamic range falloff) with huge AOE gives kit power in places where it doesn´t belong so they have to substract that power on other parts of her kit causing a literally imbalanced champion.
One could argue that her LMB isn´t that good at mid-long range bacause it´s travelspeed is very slow, but that doesn´t change the fact that she can still be substantially more effective from far away than other flankers. Just spam LMB onto the point from half the map accross and zone the enemies with it and maybe even do decent damage.
Also, she can achieve "bonus dmg" way easier than most other champions atm... use Blink = Profit.
Which any Evie would do anyway before starting to shoot most of the time, even if it gave no bonus damage. In my Opinion it shouldn´t be that easy.

I would wish for her LMB to stop shooting these weird rockets. I´d suggest shooting Icicles in burst mode to stay true to Evie´s theme and give the devs some levers to balance it on while still distinguishing her weapon from the other flanker´s. For example they could add spread to the icicles after the first, so she could still somewhat do dmg at mid-long ranges but would only do her uptimum damage at close ranges.
If by any chance Hi-Rez wanted Evie to remain stronger at long ranges compared to the other flankers, they could make the weapon audjust its spread with charge time, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SD4dF1YVmw (I really hope I don´t rustle any forum-jimmies by linking something like that, I just want to contribute to Paladins´ developement <3)