PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Buff thought for Pip

SyberSmoke
10-17-2016, 05:14 PM
So I have been playing Pip and healing is a little underwhelming. As far as I can tell he has one heal and then an off self heal. Given how much DPS can be thrown out...not sure that is enough to support a team.

With that in mind I suggest that his Primary Attack be a dual stat attack. He would retain the 600 AoE damage. But would gain a 300 ally heal effect, half of his main damage.

As an added chance to choose Pips direction, a card could be added that changes the damage and heal ratio. Adding heal, but removing damage from the attacks. Thoughts?

ACorpse
10-17-2016, 06:03 PM
Pip is good enough, if you want to buff his healing he has to take a hit somewhere else. He's already an excellent DPSer with AoE slows and damage.

Pip players generally play DPS. Their heals are crap because they're not healing except to throw the pot at their own feet.

SyberSmoke
10-17-2016, 08:34 PM
That is kind of my point. 300 heal is not a lot and with a slow refire, your not going to be healing the team. But making the choice with a card to make the round heal more, but DPS less is a conscious choice for a player. Allowing a Healing Pip and a DPS pip.

ACorpse
10-17-2016, 09:14 PM
But if you're straight adding a 300hp heal to his AoE primary attack then you're giving a massive boost to contesting the point where you generally have a scramble of hostile and friendly units. I still think it shouldn't come as a straight free 300 hp heals effect, it needs to be at a cost, like you describe with the card.

FenexDragonis
10-17-2016, 10:48 PM
pip is fine... his design is a jack of all trades

SyberSmoke
10-17-2016, 11:16 PM
But if you're straight adding a 300hp heal to his AoE primary attack then you're giving a massive boost to contesting the point where you generally have a scramble of hostile and friendly units. I still think it shouldn't come as a straight free 300 hp heals effect, it needs to be at a cost, like you describe with the card.

While the AoE of his hit is broad, his RoF is slow. But the potential to hit multiple allies at the same time would make it a little much. What about a HoT, say 50 points every .5 seconds for 3 seconds...may be even as a card so it costs something to boot. I am all for choice in this regard.

pip is fine... his design is a jack of all trades

There is always room for change in things, and I would rather test a buff and balance down than petition for a nerf any day.

Kadurkel
10-18-2016, 05:22 AM
Pip needs cooldown nerf on the slow. At least 4 seconds longer.

CunniYingus
10-18-2016, 06:06 AM
My suggestion for Pip:

LMB:
- damage: 600 -> 400

RMB:
- slow duration: 2.5 -> 2

Weightless:
- enable throwing healing potions while in flight

Healing Potion:
- cooldown: 8 ->6
- increase potion hitbox
- increase Z axis explode range

akanostress
10-18-2016, 07:03 AM
i play pip at diamond elo. i don't think he needs a nerf i just made a loadout to inprove his dps he is a good flanker aswell becouse he can heal hisself and he is really fast with his jump so he is great for flank also

ChristianMan65
10-18-2016, 10:32 AM
You want to buff Pip? You must not be playing him right. If you are, he is FAR good enough. I get games with 20+ eliminations and 0 deaths. His healing is great, dmg is great, and he can stay alive if you are smart. No buff is needed.

ThatOthell159
10-18-2016, 07:11 PM
Pip is fine.

Buff him and he will be overpowered.

Nerf him and he will be underpowered.

Jusey1
10-19-2016, 12:46 AM
I've done 97K healing as Pip. I did more healing than the two enemy's healers combined (they were 40k and 44k). Pip, with the right loadout, is a powerful healer when you have a fully working team together.

ACorpse
10-19-2016, 01:45 AM
Less than 10% of the pips I see do any healing beyond themselves, occasionally accidentally healing a teammate when they happen to be close. They're almost all purely DPS.

MPonder
10-19-2016, 10:33 AM
Buff

Move him from support to flanker, because that's how I see all pips playing.

CunniYingus
10-20-2016, 06:15 AM
Less than 10% of the pips I see do any healing beyond themselves, occasionally accidentally healing a teammate when they happen to be close. They're almost all purely DPS.

Buff

Move him from support to flanker, because that's how I see all pips playing.

Then you're playing with some awful Pips :D

SoulJoker
10-20-2016, 07:58 AM
No, just no! That bouncing rodent doesn't need a buff.

MPonder
10-20-2016, 11:01 AM
Then you're playing with some awful Pips :D

Nah, they usually kill a lot.

RitchBascist
10-20-2016, 11:05 AM
I have a dedicated healer loadout for when the game needs me to be one.

But the 4 second cd reduction on Explosive Flask is just too good to ignore... >.<

On-topic: IMO, Pip's in an ok position right now.

JestaQwky
10-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Pip is good enough, if you want to buff his healing he has to take a hit somewhere else. He's already an excellent DPSer with AoE slows and damage.

Pip players generally play DPS. Their heals are crap because they're not healing except to throw the pot at their own feet.

Which is actually a problem. You can't have a support role that is selfish. It hurts a team when the team is only 5 people. That could be a much more effective DPS. Instead it's a slot filled with a support which then means another support needs to be picked which makes Cauterize that much more valuable to the enemy team. I say this but I'm probably one of the more aggressive Mal'damba players, Same for if I'm playing Grohk.

Either way though Pip can do a burst of 2k to a team, he can tie with a ying on the enemy team if he tries, It's a real short cool down and cards to increase range and cool down. Pip is far more suitable to being the crowd control support with an aoe slow aoe left click and sustainability. Still completely capable of filling a dedicated healer role while pumping damage.

CaoCao777
10-22-2016, 01:33 AM
LOL i was basically frontlining with Pip, Pwning the enemy .. probably lesser skilled enemies though, i havent played Pip much yet, just to level 4, one of my favorite so far, just started playing the game

i think he is good as it is, he can be really crappy if you cant land his gun's shots, can be hard to aim once in awhile

R3DBelmont
10-22-2016, 01:51 AM
Pip is by far my most favorite healer in the game not just because of his amazing burst damage and mobility, but because of his spammable burst heal as well. He is more than capable of keeping up with other healers with a dedicated loadout as I have, and is honestly just a really fun champion to play as (I guess it's cause he looks too cute and fluffy :3 ...)

AliceMarg
10-22-2016, 05:42 AM
I dont think pip is that weak where he needs anything but perhaps a slight buff if that, and the only way to find that out would be to get more exact statistics on him. but overall, I dont really think he needs a buff right now.
btw, I am not the best at pip, but at the least I can make him work, though I know I could do better if I focused a bit more on healing.

AsisKotsuro
10-24-2016, 02:18 PM
"So I have been playing Pip and healing is a little underwhelming."

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-Amused-funny-jaw-drop-LOL-Newman-OMG-Seinfeld-shocked-surprised-GIF.gif