PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking is even worse now duo queue has been introduced

Kadurkel
10-17-2016, 02:20 PM
In case some of you didn't realize, matchmaking pairs 2 duo queue parties against 5 solo players all the time. You can confirm it yourself on master Paladins (http://masterpaladins.com/). This is already really really bad, but on top of that they still allow up to 1000 MMR differences.

Since (in my experience) queue times in ranked are quite short, sometimes even instant, the matchmaking needs to be WAY STRICTER than 1000 MMR difference. Please lower this gradually to about 100-200 as it should be.

FenexDragonis
10-17-2016, 04:31 PM
meanwhile at hi-rez office... *not a shit is given*

and im serious... they dont, the entire ranked system is broken from the ground up... you have the same matchmaking that casual uses... that doesn't even account for your mmr... because of this you can use characters you dotn care about to throw games and weaken your position in matchmaking... then use characters you want to build up to bloat your rating with them... Now they have started heading in the direction of allowing teamstacking in ranked... oh and lets not forget the people hacking too...

point is ranked is a mess and only exists to cater to those who need to prove their not inadequate.... if hi-rez had even the remotest concern for ranked... they would take steps to make it as fair and balanced for everyone as they possibly could... but instead... problems like matchmaking and hackers, are ignored... and then when they do change something.. the majority of the time it only makes the problem worse...

i dont want to be harsh twards hi-rez but.. when they have almost zero communication with the community, and their actions scream "we dont care about real problems that arent easy to fix, so just shut up and blindly throw money at us like the good little morons we think you are"

cheesytom1
10-17-2016, 05:08 PM
Where can I (and are you) getting reliable information about how matchmaking works?

ACorpse
10-17-2016, 06:11 PM
Where can I (and are you) getting reliable information about how matchmaking works?

Fenex is a highly negative poster (edited to add: not necessarily unjustified). I'm not sure if there is a source other than the last stage of his digestive tract but I'd be glad to be proven wrong. :eek:

FenexDragonis
10-17-2016, 06:39 PM
Fenex is a highly negative poster (edited to add: not necessarily unjustified). I'm not sure if there is a source other than the last stage of his digestive tract but I'd be glad to be proven wrong. :eek:

logic man..... rating is based in individual characters... how can the system make teams... before you select your character?... it cant, unless it assumes your going to play the same character every game.. which is theoretically impossible if someone drafts said character before you...

you want to call me negative... its being logically realistic..

as for the system being exploitable...well thats purely theoretical, but considering how hi-rez seems to do a better job at breaking things than fixing them.. and has a past of very poor quality assurance (if they even do internal play testing)

i dont play ranked... i was thinking about it, until i found out hi-rez decided to allow duos in ranked queue... oh, and DID NOT EVEN PUT THIS IN THE PATCH NOTES (like there trying to hide it to avoid backlash)... The point is ranked is where balance in player ability is the most important.... yet hi-rez doesnt even attempt to show concern for this... Community cried about not being able to party in ranked... hi-rez game them what they wanted without even the slightest consideration of what kind of impact it would have on the system, and im sure eventually it will be 5 man partys and solos sharing a queue much like casual is.. wheres the balance in this?!?!

The facts stand... the system is unfair and broken for numerous reasons...
#1 the god awful matchmaking... without any consideration of the players rating.. (this is why you see 4k+ getting placed with people that are unrated or really low) because i could take a character im 4500 with... or unranked but matchmaking doesnt know who im going to play... it just makes the teams...
#2 future potential for teamstacking/pubstomps
#3 Potential for smurfing (not using a secondary account but via throwing games intentionally)
#4 and of course hi-rez's seemingly non-existent concern for hackers..

with these things how can you have a system that allows an even remotely even playing feild? you cant..
and with out even playing field how can you have a system with somewhat accurate ratings... You cant

you can call me negative all you want.... it doesnt hurt my feelings... but step back and look at the whole spectrum and every factor... and how they effect and influence one another... i may not be entirely right... but the logic is there

and looking at the leader boards... theres at least 2 people who are in the top 5 with certain characters that undeniable evidence of them hacking has been presented...

what im getting at is the entire system is not fair or even attempts to create an even playing feild..

but like i said i dont play ranked... because there is no reason to as long as these problems exist.. especially with this being where the majority of the hackers are going to be... sure ive seen a couple wall hackers in payload... but the way people in the community paint it, even taking it with a grain of salt... its really bad in ranked

cheesytom1
10-18-2016, 04:33 AM
So you don't have any data/information on how matchmaking works then? Just speculation.

I like dual que, it means I get to play with my friends. This is a game after all.

Also... you misuse ellipsis'... and it's making your posts hard to... read.

Kadurkel
10-18-2016, 05:01 AM
So you don't have any data/information on how matchmaking works then? Just speculation.

I like dual que, it means I get to play with my friends. This is a game after all.

All information given is based on facts. You can confirm both claims for yourself with the top 100 general leaderboards and Master Paladins (http://masterpaladins.com/) to see parties in your match history.

cheesytom1
10-18-2016, 06:00 AM
All information given is based on facts. You can confirm both claims for yourself with the top 100 general leaderboards and Master Paladins (http://masterpaladins.com/) to see parties in your match history.

What exactly is being said? Fenex's posts are a mess I can't read them.

CunniYingus
10-18-2016, 06:18 AM
Fenex, you seem to be unnecessarily upset given the game is only in beta phase... Of course some things aren't finished yet. Don't be afraid though, I'm pretty sure they'll create matchmaking system sooner or later.

MagicFighter
10-18-2016, 11:31 AM
Don't drop to name calling.

FenexDragonis
10-18-2016, 04:56 PM
Fenex, you seem to be unnecessarily upset given the game is only in beta phase... Of course some things aren't finished yet. Don't be afraid though, I'm pretty sure they'll create matchmaking system sooner or later.

im upset lmafo... not at all... i know hi-rez and there pulling the same stunts they have time and time again.... they lie to the community... ie for all those who recall the "matchmaking doesnt work due to a lack of a player base" from closed beta... yet they did nothing and the player base has grown drastically since then, and the problem has only gotten worse... sound to me like what they were really saying was "we want to make an excuse to ignore not have to deal with the problem" .... oh and then we get the Duo queue in ranked.... WHICH WAS NOT EVEN MENTIONED IN THE PATCH NOTES, why would they do something like this and try to hide it?!?! because they dont care about the system.. they just dont want to upset people or deal with back lash from bad decisions... im just here trying to save people from getting played for idiots by hi-rez. not angry in the least though i do hold quite a bit of disdain for hi-rez, with good reason. considering the way they have handled things in their past games, not to mention closed beta for this game...
For example, Despite the past 2 years of community out cry for matchmaking fixes in smite hi-rez has done nothing and refuses to even acknowledge a problem... the exact same problems with matchmaking exist in paladins... why should those of us who have dealt with this exact same issue in the past in a diffrent game expect hi-rez to handle it any diffrently... i mean heck there already repeating the pattern, Go silent and pretend the problem doesnt exist...

|

more like Wall of text im to lazy... here let me explain the most obvious simple major issue.... as we all know, your ranked rating is based upon individual characters... yet you select your character after the match is made... explain to me how it can account for ratings when the system has no clue what character your going to use... IT CANT!! this is why you see players 2k getting matched with/against 4k+ players

i explained it as simple as i can if you cant comprehend this its your problem not mine, all it takes is a little bit of logical thought to see how broken the system is... though logic is obviously something thats dieing quite rapidly in this games community

this completely ignores people who are hacking, (theres a least 2 in top 5's, save to assume theres many more)... people playing in duos creating skewed match balance thats already pathetic.....

the point is ranked should be the place where hi-rez does as much as they possably can to TRY to keep the playing field as even as possible, yet they do the opposite. if you want to play ranked go for it, but theres no point as the system is so broken due to numerous issues, the are just numbers...

if you cant see the problems, well again ive explained it very clearly and logically, im sorry that logic is not your forte.. again if you want to play in a broken system more power to you have fun trying to get on the leader board with the hacker problem growing ever more rampant, and people exploiting the bad matchmaking..

KingMOECCHI
10-18-2016, 07:23 PM
In case some of you didn't realize, matchmaking pairs 2 duo queue parties against 5 solo players all the time. You can confirm it yourself on master Paladins (http://masterpaladins.com/). This is already really really bad, but on top of that they still allow up to 1000 MMR differences.

Since (in my experience) queue times in ranked are quite short, sometimes even instant, the matchmaking needs to be WAY STRICTER than 1000 MMR difference. Please lower this gradually to about 100-200 as it should be.

bro the thing is, the matchmaking is already broken even before duo queue introduced. But now atleast i can work my way out with my friends and face this unbalanced matchmaking together.

cheesytom1
10-19-2016, 03:31 PM
more like Wall of text im to lazy... here let me explain the most obvious simple major issue.... as we all know, your ranked rating is based upon individual characters... yet you select your character after the match is made... explain to me how it can account for ratings when the system has no clue what character your going to use... IT CANT!! this is why you see players 2k getting matched with/against 4k+ players

i explained it as simple as i can if you cant comprehend this its your problem not mine, all it takes is a little bit of logical thought to see how broken the system is... though logic is obviously something thats dieing quite rapidly in this games community

this completely ignores people who are hacking, (theres a least 2 in top 5's, save to assume theres many more)... people playing in duos creating skewed match balance thats already pathetic.....

the point is ranked should be the place where hi-rez does as much as they possably can to TRY to keep the playing field as even as possible, yet they do the opposite. if you want to play ranked go for it, but theres no point as the system is so broken due to numerous issues, the are just numbers...

if you cant see the problems, well again ive explained it very clearly and logically, im sorry that logic is not your forte.. again if you want to play in a broken system more power to you have fun trying to get on the leader board with the hacker problem growing ever more rampant, and people exploiting the bad matchmaking..

1. I'm a philosophy major and you're misusing the term "logic." Logic is a process of determination, you're using it to imply that a case of insufficient evidence is arrived at due to some logical malfunction, rather than a lack of data, as I said.

2. Okay, you say that matchmaking is based off of your individual character ranks. What is your evidence for this?
What about player level (a composition of all your character's ranks), or ELO. Are you suggesting that these are not factors in matchmaking? If so, evidence?
What are these numerous issues, and "just numbers"?

Let me repeat. A request for evidence is not the result of some logical fallacy. We base our opinions on data (Platonian way of thinking at least, which is what most use). When I request your data, I am attacking your argument at its root (original data), not at the method (logic).