PDA

View Full Version : Abilities that can go through shields

PRVN
10-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Ignoring Skye's ult for a moment, I think the game really needs to consider the problem of shields.

Imagine an enemy team made up with the following characters involved:

-Makoa
-Fernando
-Rukus
-Barik
-(Fill in character here--Grover would be good)

Don't think I haven't seen that before? Think again.

This is basically the perfect team. A team that is so well defended that I can only wish you the best of luck trying to kill them-- short of using Skye's ult, of course.

"But PRVN, get the wrecker card," you say. Ah, yes, the card that takes out shields. By the time you take out one person's shield, another is already gearing up to prepare theirs. You're wasting so much energy trying to destroy shields that you're not killing anyone.

In Overwatch, the only true shielding character-- Reinhardt-- is offset by both Mei and Symmetra, who can shoot through shields. What character in this game can say the same?

This game honestly needs to consider having a build or character that exists to fight shields, because when more than one is on a team (or when an entire team is built of these kinds of characters), there's really not much that offsets them-- short of Drogoz or Viktor's damage output (which, I point out again, wont make much of a difference when a backup shield is already gearing up to go).

(inb4 someone says I think shields are overpowered)

ChaosAnimagic
10-10-2016, 11:33 AM
Ruckus used to have a Card that allow him to shoot through Shields, but it was too strong, so they removed it.

http://paladins.gamepedia.com/Penetrate

otherwise, Hi-Rez recommend you to just get Wrecker for counter Shield.

PRVN
10-10-2016, 02:43 PM
Ruckus used to have a Card that allow him to shoot through Shields, but it was too strong, so they removed it.

http://paladins.gamepedia.com/Penetrate

otherwise, Hi-Rez recommend you to just get Wrecker for counter Shield.

The team I play with moves towards using wrecker when this occurs. But, it still is very much a problem. There really needs to be an ability that specifically counters shields (aside from Bomb King's Grumpy Bomb card).

ThatOthell159
10-10-2016, 03:16 PM
-Makoa
-Fernando
-Rukus
-Barik
-Skye, Ying or Buck.

Perfect team.

PRVN
10-10-2016, 03:22 PM
-Makoa
-Fernando
-Rukus
-Barik
-Skye, Ying or Buck.

Perfect team.

I would actually lean towards Buck. I think his mobility would work well with the shielder's holding the point. They hold point, he hassles the other teams supports/defensive characters.

ACorpse
10-10-2016, 03:44 PM
Not that it's a solution, but Viktor's ult would wipe out that entire team unless Grover has his ult ready. It goes through Makoa's shield and the others are vertical.

Have you tried running that combination? I get the feeling that if it were unbeatable then it'd be the only thing people ran.

PRVN
10-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Not that it's a solution, but Viktor's ult would wipe out that entire team unless Grover has his ult ready. It goes through Makoa's shield and the others are vertical.

Have you tried running that combination? I get the feeling that if it were unbeatable then it'd be the only thing people ran.

It "being unbeatable" doesn't really mean people like those characters. I'd say, in a team of five strangers, it would be hard to get everyone to agree to that setup.

ACorpse
10-10-2016, 04:37 PM
You could try it as a premade. Wipe the floor for a few evenings. :D

FenexDragonis
10-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Grover has one major issue... and hi-rez refuses to respond to it being a bug or intentional... against certain shields (Fernando specifically) his damage scaling does not apply.. so you can throw your axe across the map and hit a fernando shield... still only does 300 damage...

ThatOthell159
10-10-2016, 11:22 PM
Grover has one major issue... and hi-rez refuses to respond to it being a bug or intentional... against certain shields (Fernando specifically) his damage scaling does not apply.. so you can throw your axe across the map and hit a fernando shield... still only does 300 damage...

Critical bugs like this, post on Reddit, HiRez seems to listen to Reddit's problems and concerns more than their own forums. :/

ArchmageMC
10-11-2016, 01:25 AM
Bomb King says hi. being able to do 100% of his DPS means he busts down shields super fast with wrecker, and poppy just separates everyone.

GhostStage
10-11-2016, 04:32 AM
Bomb King with a fully upgraded Wrecker item absolutely decimates shields with each Basic hit dealing 2250 Damage.

Bomb King is a good counter for a fully stacked Front Lines team because of his Grumpy Bomb and Poppy Bomb which he can use to stun in a large area or push them off the point by a great distance.

Even though Grumpy Bomb doesn't go through shields, with a Lvl 3 Wrecker item and the fact Grumpy Bomb does bonus damage to shields they quickly lose the one thing they rely on and in turn can not put out enough DPS.

So just to make you aware, you can turn a Damage Champion into their worst nightmare by having the correct loadout and items bought.

Mundal
10-14-2016, 06:22 AM
BK with his build which i named as" Tank Buster " based around grumpy and its damage to shield, buy a wrecker and you can demolish their shield in no time. Poppy bomb to toss them off of their positions but doesn't really work in tight spaces.