PDA

View Full Version : Barik. Turrets. They disappear in death. What's up with that?

TGrG
10-06-2016, 04:26 PM
What's up with abilities going away after death in general and especially for someone with deployables like Barik? The guy is near-damned useless, because if he dies, his turrets self-destruct. He can barely protect himself, his weapon is garbage (against Champions with decent hitpoints, at least), he needs constant support and spamming the Cronos card so that that barrier can go up more than twice each game (hyperbole, I know). It's not like the turrets do massive damage or are very sturdy to begin with, it won't exactly throw game balance off if the opposing team needs to bring two flimsy turrets down after they kill the character.

ACorpse
10-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Everyone's deployables disappear on death. Kinessa's mines, Ying's illusions, etc. But Barik is pretty powerful regardless. Just make a new loadout, the basic one is trash.

PeonStyle
10-07-2016, 04:21 AM
I think you need to tune your Barik play style.

First of all, edit your loadout. I rely a lot on turrets, and they never let me down. With the good cards, you'll find out your turrets are very effective.

Then, you have to understand that Barik is a defensive character. You have to set up your installation, and let people try to come. The moment you begin to chase, you become useless. You want to chase, pick a flanker.

Don't put your turrets too close from each other, try to hide them a few, so they can't be destroyed from afar. You want the enemy to come close to them, so you can protect them. The key point is that you get extra damage from your shotgun on your turrets' target, but to be effective, you need to be at close range. So be smart, lay ambush (and yes, this is still possible while pushing the cart)

Barik is my favorite front-liner, he trades hp for damage output but you need to know what you're doing.

TGrG
10-07-2016, 06:50 AM
I think you need to tune your Barik play style.

First of all, edit your loadout. I rely a lot on turrets, and they never let me down. With the good cards, you'll find out your turrets are very effective.

Then, you have to understand that Barik is a defensive character. You have to set up your installation, and let people try to come. The moment you begin to chase, you become useless. You want to chase, pick a flanker.

Don't put your turrets too close from each other, try to hide them a few, so they can't be destroyed from afar. You want the enemy to come close to them, so you can protect them. The key point is that you get extra damage from your shotgun on your turrets' target, but to be effective, you need to be at close range. So be smart, lay ambush (and yes, this is still possible while pushing the cart)

Barik is my favorite front-liner, he trades hp for damage output but you need to know what you're doing.
That's how I play him as well and I like his kit. But you know, team game and he doesn't have the sturdiness of Fernando, so if my support doesn't follow through (and often doesn't, particularly in Siege, the headless-chicken-running game mode), Barik can't withstand the damage until an installation is placed. Not always, obviously, but it can be an issue, especially when he's the only tank. My current loadout relies on increased turret health, healing between Barik and the turrets in close proximity (both ways) and a card to buff up the shield slightly.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'd prefer the turrets to remain active after death to allow for some recovery time. I don't expect them to last until I ride back to the point, but if the team rush is lacking, Barik ends up feeding the enemy. Obviously that's not an a problem with the kit in itself, the way capturing points works tends to contribute to the problem (as well as the inability to switch characters mid-game to balance out a less competent team), I'm just looking for means to balance things out from a rounded perspective.

Hero4Rent
10-07-2016, 02:04 PM
Hm. The devs, if nothing else, make a card for Barik for turrets to last x seconds after death (unless destroyed). That's a way to potentially tweak a Barik without being game breaking, right?