PDA

View Full Version : Map thoughts, Menifest Destiny

AT3chnicality
11-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Not sure if this counted as feedback or not so i put it here sorry if it's incorrect.

I'm currently level twelve and am waiting on the latest patch to see the fate of jumping and other things this 30th day of November.

That said I really would like to see a map with levels i.e. a basement beneath and the main map or a skyway and the main map. Another could be Siege objectives, one on the main map one below and one above.

This would allow for good implementation of the "jungle" aspect some people want. so here's a poll to see if I'm alone on this thought.

BASEMENT AND MAIN MAP: Basement would be smaller than the main map and only have one siege engine. Possibly a camp could be some under ground creature of some sort, or even a neutral creature that makes holding the siege difficult for both teams? The main map would have 2 siege points to cap.

The randomness. It can't be any of the three any time. First siege to spawn will always be up top but right or left is random. after a top camp spawns the the basement camp opens. Neutral enemies will attack both teams upon entering.

SKYWAY AND MAIN MAP: The Skyway could be tree tops or whatever. There could be camps to cap besides the single siege up here so there's no neutral dmg on teams but there's a trade off, siege or camp? One team gets siege the other has to grab another camp within a time limit after siege is capped. The catch is this camp is high damage lower health? Not entirely sure on this EXACT scenario but something like it might be fun.

The randomness; same as with the basement, either skyway or main map. After skyway it can't be skyway again. it can't be main map twice in a row.

BASEMENT AND SKYWAY:the transition between Skyway Main and Basement maps are close together, possibly connected to the main base but you can't back door through these access tunnels, only reach the siege objectives. When a siege is capped they move/teleport, to the main map and start the death march. Maybe this could be where creeps come into play? When a siege is capped creeps spawn on both sides? The side that lost the siege tank but only attack enemy heroes? or only attack the tank but can't take out the tank as it does some kind of aoe to ANYONE around it? Not entirely sure about that aspect.

Teleporters on the main map provide quick access to Skyway or Basement when not in base but are few in number and neutral, with one or two biased to one teams side. Not sure on how many there should be in total though, 4? 6? 8?

The Randomness, since there will be teleporters I'd be willing to have the, "if not one then the other two" thing that we have now be the case. Each team will have access to each section and some way to prevent teleporter camping would be nice.

Now these aren't concrete ideas for these map types but only what I could think of before I had to do real life stuff, now i've lost my train of thought so bleh.

Last note, if you're on main map you can't shoot into the skyway to hit other players, same for the basement if it's a quarry style arena.

TzickyT
11-30-2015, 11:32 AM
at the moment the maps are at this point intresting with some points of advantage with pits and houses and buildings u can't get out of. stil i don't get ur question. do you want something like skyforge 10v10 maps ?

AT3chnicality
11-30-2015, 11:41 AM
at the moment the maps are at this point intresting with some points of advantage with pits and houses and buildings u can't get out of. stil i don't get ur question. do you want something like skyforge 10v10 maps ?

What's skyforge?

Edit:
Skyforge 10v10 map looks too open. I mean it could be ok for one iteration of the Skyway main, basement map, but i'd want the three sections to be fairly separate. i.e. There'd be an entry point on the main map and you go down or up to the desired area. For basement think old school Tomb Raider or catacombs. For the Skyway think Protoss maps in SC2 multiplayer. I don't want someone to be able to just fall to the main map and completely pass by the hazards on it while the siege travels across.

schadstoff_
12-01-2015, 06:07 AM
That said I really would like to see a map with levels .

I really like that maps are so simple tbh. i don't see the point of a jungle tho, there is actually always only one goal at a time.

AT3chnicality
12-02-2015, 01:49 PM
I really like that maps are so simple tbh. i don't see the point of a jungle tho, there is actually always only one goal at a time.

I'm not saying every map has to have everything under the sun, I'd just like a few maps with complexity in addition to maps like the ones we already have.

Leafer
12-03-2015, 08:41 AM
Basement map are bad for competitions. You can't see everything from a top-down view so it's really hard to shoutcast on maps like this

AT3chnicality
12-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Basement map are bad for competitions. You can't see everything from a top-down view so it's really hard to shoutcast on maps like this

That depends, what kind of basement map are you thinking of? If the top down view is your only concern then when adding in observer cams it should be possible to put in a clause where it can see through a level based on where the teams are. Another way to deal with it is giving the observer cam a "level focus" option like there is in Heroes of the storm for the Haunted Mines map. There's a basement on that map and Obs have no problems giving us a view.