PDA

View Full Version : SoloQ is unbearable under 4000 MMR (party queue really needed)

Kadurkel
10-05-2016, 09:59 PM
I've played well over 200 solo queue ranked games now between 3000 and 4000+ MMR. Since about 3800 i finally have the impression i can actually carry, below 3800 it's 100% random who gets the 4/0 in 6 minutes team.

So many people complain about this, it's really time to make matchmaking even more strict and enable party queue for ranked (or at least duo)! It's also really bad to have to abandon your friends to be able to play competitive. To be honest i haven't had much fun in competitive compared to when i started playing this game with friends.

P.S.: solo- and duo/party queue should ABSOLUTELY NOT be the same MMR. Some people don't like "dynamic queue", but they can all coexist if they are separate MMR, then everyone can play with as many friends as they want (up to 4 obviously). Difference in party sizes in teams will get compensated by MMR change and solo players obviously never want to play against a party of 2 or higher unless there is a party of 2 or higher in your team as well (for example 2 solo players and a party of 3 against 1 solo player and a party of 4 is acceptable because of small difference in impact and because of the MMR allocation compensation). I am very much for 3 separate MMRs in everyone's profile (solo, dynamic/party, clan/full team).

ACorpse
10-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Mechwarrior Online has separate queues for random and premades. It's definitely worth drawing that distinction IMO. Getting kerbstomped by premades when you just want a few quick thrashes is not conductive to having a good time.

FenexDragonis
10-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Mechwarrior Online has separate queues for random and premades. It's definitely worth drawing that distinction IMO. Getting kerbstomped by premades when you just want a few quick thrashes is not conductive to having a good time.

Premade queues dont work in most games.... as MOST players who make premade teams do it trying to get a handicap... as soon as premades start fighting premades... the few respectable players who would still use it get long queue times... which results in them getting upset... while the majority wouldnt use it...

Kadurkel
10-05-2016, 11:26 PM
Premade queues dont work in most games.... as MOST players who make premade teams do it trying to get a handicap... as soon as premades start fighting premades... the few respectable players who would still use it get long queue times... which results in them getting upset... while the majority wouldnt use it...

Guaranteed that at least half of the soloQ players with duo or more when it's available. Who plays multiplayer games ALWAYS alone? Not many people.

FenexDragonis
10-05-2016, 11:47 PM
Guaranteed that at least half of the soloQ players with duo or more when it's available. Who plays multiplayer games ALWAYS alone? Not many people.

yep and if your putting partys of varying sizes..in a shared queue.. you end up with skewed ratings.. the system will have broken rating issues...

not to mention matchmaking is going to need a from the ground up revision for that to be even remotely balanced, which hi-rez makes it pretty clear that its not worth their time...

you dont know the community of hi-rez games... i could reference back smite and what happened with the 5v5 conquest premade queue..... in a nutshell very few people used it.. and the ones that did had long queue times because so few people used it... so hi-rez decided to remove it... literally premade partys everywhere as soon as it was removed..... please i would love for you to explain to me any reason beyond... when premades fight premades there is no handicap to gain from making a premade, and thus most wouldn't bother with it.

all im saying.... to throw partys of varying sizes in a queue.. creates exploitable imbalances.. only made worse by this games awful matchmaking.. furthermore... because of these exploitable imbalances it would allow people to bloat their raitings..

the only way the system would possably work.. would be to have one rating system based on individual characters for solo players only.... and a second system for teams and rates the team as a whole... otherwise system either ends up with exploitable means to bloat their rating.. think about it.. you play with a few friends a few games... dont like where you placed in the raiting... so you find a few really good players to carry you... since from what i understand the system only places values on win/loss not actual stats... the system would be very easy to abuse...

i mean were talking about ranked not casual... so you want every thing to be as fair and balanced as possible.... not hey look me and my 4 "friends" can make our ratings look like were top teir players because we can pup stomp

the point is the only way hi-rez could handle this without ending up with exploitable holes in the system... is to run 2 seperate ranked brackets... one for solo players... and one for 5 man teams... otherwise you end up with games where one side could have an advantage over another... example: team a is 2 partied players and 3 randoms...and team b is 4 partyed and one random... i cant make it any clearer if you cant see the issue idk what to tell you

Krazesan
10-05-2016, 11:59 PM
Nah, ranked 4000+ is the worst. Most people just see see the enemy teams rankings in champion select and can predict from this who they are and odds of winning. Dodges happen around 15% time which sounds low, but if you think about it... its really not that low. Also the number is growing extremely fast.

Checking the top 100 lists always make me wonder, how many of these are cheaters who use this strategy to gain almost free elo?

Kadurkel
10-06-2016, 05:48 AM
Nah, ranked 4000+ is the worst. Most people just see see the enemy teams rankings in champion select and can predict from this who they are and odds of winning. Dodges happen around 15% time which sounds low, but if you think about it... its really not that low. Also the number is growing extremely fast.

Checking the top 100 lists always make me wonder, how many of these are cheaters who use this strategy to gain almost free elo?

Sub 4000 is much worse when you have 4 absolutely clueless players and have to endure 5 games in a row 0/4 in 6 minutes. Some days i've seen 3 or 4 Kinessa's in the first 3 picks in my games, or when you talk to them for 2 minutes about strategy and items and they still insta-buy aggression. It was absolutely horrific to grind from 3000 to 4000, trust me.

And yeah to go off-topic: i hate the dodgers as well, the deserter after the first dodge in 24 hours in ranked should be much more drastic than just 15min.

Qtxo
10-06-2016, 06:06 AM
The thing is, this just sounds like a 'ELO HELL' topic but sugar coated with MMR instead of the words 'elo hell'.

Above 4000 is diamond - master, the top players in the game, which is where you say you can 'carry'. How hard do you think you can carry? Do you actually think you're going to 'carry' yourself to rank 1 global? Because at 4100+ ELO you are matched with master players, often.

Sub 4000 is the majority of players, the good and the bad. Sure the MMR system does need work, but just because you're losing games lower than 4k rating does not mean the system has a cut off point.

l33tk1ng
10-06-2016, 02:32 PM
If you want party queue, play OW. Simple solution to your problem. HiRez has more important things to do right now. And having a party queue in this game is not a priority.
If you're having a bad time solo queueing, take a break and come back. Also helps.

VarenWolf
10-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Well eventually they will bring in ranking like smite or other systems so you'll be able play with the rank above or below.

DefB
10-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Usually if a match is 4/0, I can find the reason in either team comp, character level, or card choice.

bL1nk94
10-06-2016, 03:28 PM
Braindeadness of your teammates cannot be that reason? You're making me laugh. Most of the times, games are lost due to the idiotic lack of skill morons that go aggression first then proceed to suck all game because they are plain bad.

Kadurkel
10-06-2016, 09:28 PM
Braindeadness of your teammates cannot be that reason? You're making me laugh. Most of the times, games are lost due to the idiotic lack of skill morons that go aggression first then proceed to suck all game because they are plain bad.

That's literally EXACTLY what i said. Under 4000 you can't carry the retards and soloQ is just fucking unbearable there. Party queue needs to be implemented ASAP since probably less than 5-10% of all ranked players are 4000+.

bL1nk94
10-07-2016, 09:00 AM
I was replying to DefB. I have the exact same opinion about the system as it is now.

lMidnightl
10-08-2016, 06:32 PM
multiqueue will tilt the ever living fuck out of every solo queue player and just end up ruining the ranked experience , thats what happened to League of Legends after they implemented dynamic queue , 80% (yes literaly ) of the players hate it.

I think there should be solo queue and ranked team and a shorter map for 3v3 , duoqueuers can dominate a game let alone 3 premades against a bunch of uncoordinated solos.

Qtxo
10-08-2016, 06:50 PM
SoloQ isn't any better above 4000.

Kadurkel
10-09-2016, 05:30 AM
SoloQ isn't any better above 4000.

I guess it's not that much better indeed. I watched Stolzey at 4700 have uncarryable teams as well. Bad Kinessa players in the first 2 picks should never ever happen above 3500 and yet it happens even at 5000+ probably.