PDA

View Full Version : Ruckus Repulsor Field needs a buff/rework

MiuiKy
10-05-2016, 03:57 AM
Ruckus is one of the least chosen champions on the realm, I actually don't know why.. He's kinda great BUT he has one big flaw.. Repulsor Field..

Since CB33 they changed his Spin Up """spell""" for Repulsor Field, wich grant to Ruckus and allies nearby a small shield for 3 seconds and detect stealth enemies, great, ryt? Then you read there's 2 conditions, the first one isn't the issue, it's simply that the allies must be nearby Ruckus, no problem, the AoE is big, the second one is the problem.. In order to Ruckus to even use that spell he needs to be nearby a point/payload.. So, let's say, in a situation where the enemy team has control of the point and you have to pick them from out of it since you can't be dumb enough to jump on a point alone with 3+ guys there this spell is useless since it doesn't even work.. And the stealth thing is just retarted.. Only Skye can stealth and no good Skye will pass through the point (Unless if it is to ult on it).. They'll problaby just flank, like they always do, and never pass nearby the point where is the only place this spell can be used..

My suggestion, remove this dumb requirement.. Why people would pick Ruckus if in a defensive situation his AoE shield doesn't even work? Just pick Barik, Fernando or Makoa since they all have shields/barriers that allies can count on.. The cards aren't even worth it either, why use any cards on Repulsor Field you can't use it anywhere you need it?

This spell is very situational..

MiuiKy
10-05-2016, 04:18 AM
- Shields calculation -
OBS: Only shield that can actually help teammates, individual shields like the Emitter don't count.

Fernando's Shield: Blocks between 8000 to 10000 damage, can be held for 10 seconds.

Barik's Barricade: Block between 5000 to 6000 damage, stays for 4 to 8 seconds.
Dome Shield: Blocks 20000 damage, stays for 6 seconds.

Makoa's Shell Shield: Blocks between 6000 to 7000 damage, stays for 4 to 6 seconds.

Ruckus Repulsor Field: Reduces damage by 50% for 3 seconds, needs to stay on the objective to use.

Why would anyone pick Ruckus? His shield doesn't even block damage, just reduces it and it only last for 3 seconds..

Nehara
10-05-2016, 07:05 AM
What?
This is not how Ruckus works. And the issue with Repulsor is not that it is too weak, it is that it is too strong, too restrictive and Ruckus relies too much on it to be good.
If you make a deathball with Ruckus + 1-2 other tanks + 2 healers, they will just go to the point and sit on it (even if the enemy team is already there), being completely impossible to kill or remove outside of poppy bomb spam. The flankers you're mentioning won't even be relevant because there won't be anything to flank.
Ruckus' Repulsor is a large problem in this case because it's disproportionally strong in a deathball and not strong enough otherwise. It makes his team too hard to kill, 50% damage reduction is impossible to counter also. So definitely agreed that it needs a rework, but not a buff and making it usable anywhere is not the way to go I think.
Also the comparisons to other front liners' shields are just silly for obvious reasons, Ruckus has an entirely different ability that is his actual "tanking" shield (Emitter), and his DPS + kit clearly dictate that his function is slightly different than Fernandos or Makoas.

MiuiKy
10-05-2016, 07:28 AM
What?
This is not how Ruckus works. And the issue with Repulsor is not that it is too weak, it is that it is too strong, too restrictive and Ruckus relies too much on it to be good.
If you make a deathball with Ruckus + 1-2 other tanks + 2 healers, they will just go to the point and sit on it (even if the enemy team is already there), being completely impossible to kill or remove outside of poppy bomb spam. The flankers you're mentioning won't even be relevant because there won't be anything to flank.
Ruckus' Repulsor is a large problem in this case because it's disproportionally strong in a deathball and not strong enough otherwise. It makes his team too hard to kill, 50% damage reduction is impossible to counter also. So definitely agreed that it needs a rework, but not a buff and making it usable anywhere is not the way to go I think.
Also the comparisons to other front liners' shields are just silly for obvious reasons, Ruckus has an entirely different ability that is his actual "tanking" shield (Emitter), and his DPS + kit clearly dictate that his function is slightly different than Fernandos or Makoas.

I admit he's good with another tank along him but if he's the only one, he's too big of a target, easy to headshot and the restrictions can be difficult for teammates to benefit from it.. They coul just remove the condition and increase cooldown, easy.

Mundal
10-07-2016, 06:47 AM
I admit he's good with another tank along him but if he's the only one, he's too big of a target, easy to headshot and the restrictions can be difficult for teammates to benefit from it.. They coul just remove the condition and increase cooldown, easy.

This exactly, he works best with other tanks, without them he is just a center of attention and would only draw fire upon himself. I never had any issues with him when one other tank was on the team but when i was all alone i would die moments after i jumped into the battlefield. Besides his field gives 50% damage reduction to allies and self (which gets even more better when you have a healer on your team) and shield slows enemies in range(although i think its base slow figure should be 20% to begin with).

The only tanks i have problem with are Fernando (and also Makoa), his cards are just too good, i don't get it his shield gets a max of 2 sec cd for every 1000 damage taken, so with full damage taken the shield is ready to be deployed again after it has been destroyed ? and ofcourse 2000 max hp on his shield, also it lasts for 10 secs and he can position it accordingly. Reducing ammo cost upto 60% and fireball recharing ammo upto 40%. Ugh.

Compared to that Makoa's shell shield has longest cd even with cards and since it will expire way sooner than Fernando's shield chances are it won't take full damage. Makoa is vulnerable when shield active and can't position his shield so enemies can enter and shoot him which is what usually happens. His spin is 12sec base cd and and Fernando's is 6. Dude just compare their cards, like one is 40% more distance traveled while other is 100%. Either nerf one or buff another.