PDA

View Full Version : Why the ranking system sucks.

Truthinator
10-04-2016, 09:20 PM
I played 5 provisional games in competitive as my ying, the first game we lost because we had a bk who had around 28k damage even though I had over 100k healing and over a 5.0 kd , the last 4 were wins, now i'm 3800 rating or so but my "next rank" is bronze meaning i didnt even make it to bronze. Currently I'm like 7-2 with ying and I'm not even bronze when I should be a lot higher if this system worked. One loss in provisionals shouldn't drag someone below bronze, its stupid and unfair.

FenexDragonis
10-04-2016, 09:25 PM
i dont play ranked... but i can almost gurantee you where the problem lies in how rating is caculated... and is most likely caculated the same for everyone.. dispite supports being more focused on healing... front lines beign more focused on protection and objectives... attackers dealing damage and flankers doing clean up and harass damage..
what im saying is the system probably doesnt account stats like healing... or if it does.. it values it much lower than other things

Truthinator
10-04-2016, 09:29 PM
I was told its just about wins and losses. 1 loss then 4 wins my first 5 games. But because my first match was a loss I'm lower than bronze. This unfair system is the same in smite provisionals, your first games matter the most..

FenexDragonis
10-04-2016, 09:52 PM
I was told its just about wins and losses. 1 loss then 4 wins my first 5 games. But because my first match was a loss I'm lower than bronze. This unfair system is the same in smite provisionals, your first games matter the most..

if thats true its pretty retarded as its a solo queue

Truthinator
10-04-2016, 10:01 PM
yeah i'm done with competitive, it'd probably take over 100 wins to get a decent border now, even though i'm almost top 100 in my rating

RoseOfShi
10-04-2016, 10:39 PM
Focusing on wins and loses is the probably the best thing to focus on for a beta. If they were to focus on healing for someone like Ying image your team never taking damage because you have four front liners or something if you get what I'm saying.

Also I have a platunuim border for HIGHWAY TORTUOUS and I've only played three games, so it doesn't take much.

Jusey1
10-04-2016, 11:17 PM
I got plat as well for Pip... In my first game. *shrugs* no idea.

Truthinator
10-05-2016, 12:03 AM
Focusing on wins and loses is the probably the best thing to focus on for a beta. If they were to focus on healing for someone like Ying image your team never taking damage because you have four front liners or something if you get what I'm saying.

Also I have a platunuim border for HIGHWAY TORTUOUS and I've only played three games, so it doesn't take much.

not talking about the stats, I gave my healing and kd stats for my only loss to further prove my point that the result was unfair. What this thread is about is how if you lose your first games or win your first games it drastically affects your rank

here's an example so you can better understand, Bob got 4 wins in a row and lost his last game, now hes platinum, well his friend Joe lost his first game but won his last 4, which is the same exact score but in a different order and now hes not even bronze. get it? Same score different results. It's unfair that's why I posted this in the balance category.

Truthinator
10-05-2016, 12:31 AM
well im so happy lol my yings rank changed to platinum when i got back on idk if it was someone who changed it or if it was a glitch the entire time saying I was below bronze and I still dont know how but thank you, I know a lot of competitive games base a lot of ranks on the first few games so I'm still not sure if its true here..But i'm glad it worked out haha

RoseOfShi
10-05-2016, 12:35 AM
not talking about the stats, I gave my healing and kd stats for my only loss to further prove my point that the result was unfair. What this thread is about is how [B]if you lose your first games or win your first games it drastically affects your rank

Sorry, my mind didn't register the main point of your story.

Qtxo
10-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Don't focus on the borders / rating, they're all useless anyway.

Look at the leaderboards, people have #1 with literally 4-5 games played.

It'll be fixed. Play to learn, not to climb.

YingLee
10-05-2016, 11:23 AM
borders
don't
work
yet

escapppe
10-05-2016, 01:31 PM
wow i must be pretty lucky where i played and lost only one game and had the gold border

Kadurkel
10-05-2016, 03:38 PM
I played 5 provisional games in competitive as my ying, the first game we lost because we had a bk who had around 28k damage even though I had over 100k healing and over a 5.0 kd , the last 4 were wins, now i'm 3800 rating or so but my "next rank" is bronze meaning i didnt even make it to bronze. Currently I'm like 7-2 with ying and I'm not even bronze when I should be a lot higher if this system worked. One loss in provisionals shouldn't drag someone below bronze, its stupid and unfair.

3800 means you are platinum with Ying. Currently i believe that is a bug that is probably resolved when you restart the game.

Krazesan
10-05-2016, 06:30 PM
3800 means you are platinum with Ying. Currently i believe that is a bug that is probably resolved when you restart the game.

Yep, very weird bug. All my ranking related visual bugs instantly resolved after my first ranked game.