PDA

View Full Version : Fix to "Skye is OP" problem with a simple Kinessa "buff"

MiuiKy
10-04-2016, 05:00 PM
You go to the forum and see page after page of "Skye is OP"
But why that? Most of it is due to the fact of her ult and people stop complaining after realizing how easy it is to escape it, no problem here BUT another problem is her stealth, sure there's a item that can make her invisibility useless but the cost of pruchasing it is high since you'll have to neglect the other better choices like Haven, for example.

But why is her stealth a problem? Many other games have stealth characters and they work just fine.. The reason is, there's no character that can be a true hard counter to her, as it is, Androxus is a good choice but if Skye picks him by surprise his 2000HP will be dealt with fast. Let's put TF2 as a example, why Spy isn't OP in there? Because of 2 reasons, Pyro is a good counter to spies, making easy to track invisible Spies with his flamethrower and the fact you can switch classes mid-game so if you're playing Sniper and there's a Spy getting in your way you can easily change to Pyro and counter him but in Paladins no character can track invisible enemies making Skye, in the eyes of many, OP and if you picked a character like Kinessa you're doomed to play that whole game being bullied by the enemy Skye.

I already did a thread here about how Skye can deny Kinessa by any means and the TL;DR of that is the fact that Kinessa's mines is what she uses to prevent flanking but Skye's invisibility can pass through the mine since the mine doesn't track invisible enemies making Kinessa easy prey.

My suggestion is: Make Kinessa's mines track and reveal Skye while she's under the range of it making some sort of Kinessa vs Skye rivalry and making Kinessa being picked more often as she's only behind Ruckus of least picked champions (Mostly by the fact that most games have Skye on them and Kinessa can barely do anything against one).

I hope this fix the issue but I still believe even if they did it we would still see a few "Skye is OP" threads around.. It isn't fun to die for something you couldn't even avoid so I guess that's why people hate Skye..

MiuiKy
10-05-2016, 04:00 AM
Guess people don't like Kinessa ._.
*sigh*
Here I was thinking this would be a good idea..

Zeleen
10-05-2016, 04:39 AM
Your title if off-putting because anyone who's good don't think Skye is a problem THAT much and anyone who's bad don't want Kinessa ruining their game anyway.

With that out of the way. You're totally right, there needs to be counterplay to stealth in-game other than wasting an item slot to counter one person. I initially thought it was the case because it just makes sense.

+1

MotorKnight
10-05-2016, 04:48 AM
Guess people don't like Kinessa ._.
*sigh*
Here I was thinking this would be a good idea..

I love Kinessa, but i think this will not work because, this doesnt just help Kinessa (buff) to know where Skye is, also is a big nerf for Skye, since mines will slow her, reveal her for all team and dmg her (even if it isnt too much dmg)

Nice try of idea, but with this, Kinessa will bully Skye, because Kinessa got strong cards for mines:

-Increase the beam range of opressor mines by 30%
-Mines generate 1,25 secs faster
-Increase your maximum deployed mine count by 1

As Kinessa the real problem isnt where she is, is the big amount of damage that Skye can put on you before you react, or have a chance to kill her.
Skye main weapon deals 150 dmg every .1 sec, so yeah in 1,5 secs she have done 2250 dmg to Kinessa, not even using the darts.

People always say that with team cooperation, she is so easy to kill, but in premade teams (competitive, whatever) they know how to deal with everyone soo.....no excuses

MiuiKy
10-05-2016, 04:55 AM
I love Kinessa, but i think this will not work because, this doesnt just help Kinessa (buff) to know where Skye is, also is a big nerf for Skye, since mines will slow her, reveal her for all team and dmg her (even if it isnt too much dmg)

Nice try of idea, but with this, Kinessa will bully Skye, because Kinessa got strong cards for mines:

-Increase the beam range of opressor mines by 30%
-Mines generate 1,25 secs faster
-Increase your maximum deployed mine count by 1

As Kinessa the real problem isnt where she is, is the big amount of damage that Skye can put on you before you react, or have a chance to kill her.
Skye main weapon deals 150 dmg every .1 sec, so yeah in 1,5 secs she have done 2250 dmg to Kinessa, not even using the darts.

People always say that with team cooperation, she is so easy to kill, but in premade teams (competitive, whatever) they know how to deal with everyone soo.....no excuses

Well, that's the point.. There's no stealth counter on the game other than Ruckus Repulsor Field and he can only use that on the objective where Skye players won't dare to walk on.. About the premade teams, not everyone has the luxury of having a full team at their need so it shouldn't be this situational.. Also, if everyone needs to focus Skye there's a serious issue there..

MotorKnight
10-05-2016, 05:08 AM
Well, that's the point.. There's no stealth counter on the game other than Ruckus Repulsor Field and he can only use that on the objective where Skye players won't dare to walk on.. About the premade teams, not everyone has the luxury of having a full team at their need so it shouldn't be this situational.. Also, if everyone needs to focus Skye there's a serious issue there..

Stealth counter, should make her fear something, not make her 2 invis abilities weaker till the point that people will choose more Kinessas than Skyes, i think an stealth char is great to have even if the game doesnt have a direct counter, but she has 2k health, high dmg, invis, and poision, she needs a nerf at least on her main weapon: less firerate or less damage

Yeah, i sometimes messed up the meaning of my stuff....
I was trying to said that people that defend her saying that with team cooperation make her useless are wrong, and that shouldnt be an excuse for her, because all champs are useless in premades since they know how to deal with them.

MiuiKy
10-05-2016, 07:43 AM
Stealth counter, should make her fear something, not make her 2 invis abilities weaker till the point that people will choose more Kinessas than Skyes, i think an stealth char is great to have even if the game doesnt have a direct counter, but she has 2k health, high dmg, invis, and poision, she needs a nerf at least on her main weapon: less firerate or less damage

Yeah, i sometimes messed up the meaning of my stuff....
I was trying to said that people that defend her saying that with team cooperation make her useless are wrong, and that shouldnt be an excuse for her, because all champs are useless in premades since they know how to deal with them.

If people choose more Kinessa that would be great, Skye is a top pick while Kinessa is one of the least, only behind Ruckus and Buck, nerfing Skye is delicate cuz I feel like nerfing her directly might make her garbage, adding a character that can counter stealths and removing Illuminate (the item) seens like a better idea, people would staart picking Kinessa for the Skye counter value and even so Kinessa wouldn't totaly counter her.. In a 1v1 situation Kinessa will problaby lose anyways but at least her allies can help if they see Skye passing by, the main issu is that Skye has no real counters, Androxus and Viktor are nice but if Skye take them by surprise they become easy prey and Cassie can reveal her with her ult but for that she needs, well.. Her ult.. Which is something she won't always have in a match, specialy in the beggining while Skye will be picking on her.

Or they can just create a character that is good against her, I dunno.. She's a ninja so making a samurai that can detect stealth somehow would be nice but at the moment I doubt hi-rez is going to create any champions while being in close beta..

Demonbane
10-05-2016, 08:09 AM
You can avoid Skye's ultimate by hiding behind the payload though...but I agree of reveal invisible champions for Kinessa's mines, because few or no one really upgrades the illuminate card and Kinessa is really squishy af when flanked by androxus/skye, no time to teleport to safe places...

MiuiKy
10-05-2016, 08:16 AM
You can avoid Skye's ultimate by hiding behind the payload though...but I agree of reveal invisible champions for Kinessa's mines, because few or no one really upgrades the illuminate card and Kinessa is really squishy af when flanked by androxus/skye, no time to teleport to safe places...

This.. Usualy you can set a mine to see flankers coming and react but with Skye.. No reaction, just death..

MotorKnight
10-05-2016, 02:28 PM
If people choose more Kinessa that would be great, Skye is a top pick while Kinessa is one of the least, only behind Ruckus and Buck, nerfing Skye is delicate cuz I feel like nerfing her directly might make her garbage, adding a character that can counter stealths and removing Illuminate (the item) seens like a better idea, people would staart picking Kinessa for the Skye counter value and even so Kinessa wouldn't totaly counter her.. In a 1v1 situation Kinessa will problaby lose anyways but at least her allies can help if they see Skye passing by, the main issu is that Skye has no real counters, Androxus and Viktor are nice but if Skye take them by surprise they become easy prey and Cassie can reveal her with her ult but for that she needs, well.. Her ult.. Which is something she won't always have in a match, specialy in the beggining while Skye will be picking on her.

Or they can just create a character that is good against her, I dunno.. She's a ninja so making a samurai that can detect stealth somehow would be nice but at the moment I doubt hi-rez is going to create any champions while being in close beta..

Kinessa is one of the least because she is a difficult char, flankers kill her ez, her mobility sucks, even with the card of 80% faster drone teleport.
Her damage is poor if you compared with Cassie, you will be having to make headshots with Kinessa too often to make her really worth it.

The idea of making a char that counter her, is good but at the same time no too much, because the game include passive abilities, like full abilities.

EDIT: Even if the counter char doesnt have a passive + active, it will be worst just to have an active ability, to counter her

For example:
Grover has (Blossom) that passively is weak and the ability has too much cd

Lets use that reference in the Samurai char:
Something like has passive illuminate in lvl 1, and the activate ability give you illuminate lvl 3 for some seconds
It will be good idea, but having a char that lose 1 ability for fighting someone that has a complete kit???
What if the Samurai is weak, or people dont like it and dont choose him......the only way is making him stronger to secure 1 in many rounds, since in casual you cant see what enemy team is choosing
Making another OP char to counter an unbalanced char will just increase the topics asking for nerfs