PDA

View Full Version : Good lord this fernando

Musoh
10-04-2016, 01:58 PM
Ok, honestly I think fernando is kind of unbalanced. His shield is just TOO strong if you play him as an harrass champion. Full cooldown and you can just keep spamming shield and dashes annihilating enemies damage dealers because NOONE can stop you from dashing toward them and they have to deal 10k dmg (LITERALLY) to kill you as long as you keep facing them with your shield. I know his flamethrower is just weak, but I'm pretty sure that a 10k HP dashing monster can easily kill a squishy dps even with a lighter.
It's ok if you want to keep him as a tank, but for god sake stop giving tanks the chance to kill people so easily that they can't even escape.

DarkFuma
10-04-2016, 02:58 PM
Get behind him. He can't attack when he's using the shield after all (except a single dash). Like, if you attack him from the back or even the sides, he'll have to turn to block the attacks. This leaves him open to more damage from your allies when he turns to block your shots. If he doesn't turn, you'll kill him.

Also, keep in mind that you have to get close in order for him to attack you. If you keep your distance, he'll either have to go over there or take the hits.

Daraoss
10-04-2016, 03:55 PM
just kite him around =) afterall if he leaves the objective to kill you .. that's an advantage to you since he'll be forced to use shield just to protect himself leaving his team open for more dammage . (unless ofc u just panic and start running around and spamming VVGG)

MiuiKy
10-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Fernando is fine by me.. While his defence and HP are strong, his damage is lacking and he can't do much alone, he needs his teammates do dirty their hands while he protects them and I think he fits the role of a Knight perfectly.

Kadurkel
10-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Needs nerf for sure. Easily 75%+ winrate if you know how to play him a little.

RoseOfShi
10-04-2016, 07:37 PM
I think he's fine where he is, his shield can be easily taken down with powerful champions like Rukkus. His weapon doesn't do very much damage and has weak range. He's only good for shielding his teammates and staying on the payload.

Silbergeist
10-04-2016, 08:05 PM
I think he has too much health, which makes it too difficult to kill him, and depending on his cards, it's nearly impossible without help. And even with low damage, he has just enough to kill squishies, like Androxus.

As a tank, Fernando needs to be difficult to kill, but a good Fernando can even flank, and that shouldn't be a possibility for him. Fernando alone should have obvious weaknesses.

DarkFuma
10-04-2016, 08:22 PM
I think he has too much health, which makes it too difficult to kill him, and depending on his cards, it's nearly impossible without help. And even with low damage, he has just enough to kill squishies, like Androxus.

As a tank, Fernando needs to be difficult to kill, but a good Fernando can even flank, and that shouldn't be a possibility for him. Fernando alone should have obvious weaknesses.

You are aware that he has, like, one ranged ability right? In a fps game, that's a pretty big weakness.

ProfessorFart
10-04-2016, 11:21 PM
Seems to me that you dont know how to handle Fernandos in general. Because his damage is low and fireball is his only means of having a ranged presence, if you manage to die to one it's your fault. In other words, get good. As for Fernando not being allowed to flank: Why shouldn't he? Is it because he has a shield? Or have you failed to realize that a champion's primary role shouldn't be their only role. Personally flanking helps Fernando work around his range weakness and catch unsuspecting targets who will have no choice but to run. In a close range fight, Fernando and every other frontline champion should always have the advantage so 'just enough' isnt good enough. That's why they are so good for defense and the shields suppliment that.

You have no one to blame but yourself, and maybe your team if they also don't know how to play, especially now it's easier than ever to take out shields. So the next time you're defending and there isn't a Fernando pushing ask yourself, "Where's Fernando?" and be aware of your surroundings in general as almost every non-flank champion is capable of flanking. Only Ruckus is truly inneffective in this, even with No Chill IV because his miniguns need to ramp up first.

Silbergeist
10-04-2016, 11:22 PM
You are aware that he has, like, one ranged ability right? In a fps game, that's a pretty big weakness.

He can close a gap quite easily, has his shield to tank and a lot of damage, considering how much he can stay alive, his F+Q combo does 650 damage, at least, but what I think should be nerfed is his ability to chase and kill squishy lone targets with ease. He can only do this because of some cards combinations, but I'm not even going against them, what actually makes it a problem is his extremely high health pool coupled with his low cooldowns, so that you can't even counter him when he tries going against you, maybe you can run away, but depends on your character. His high health pool isn't only a problem in this case, but in any case, he can tank a lot more than any other front-liner, with no real downside. He should have 5000 maximum, and that would still be above all others.

Musoh
10-05-2016, 12:20 AM
The point is: as long as you're not playing in a voice chat with your teammates, you can't shout "FERNANDO IS FLANKING", so its obvious sometimes he will be able to flank unseen. At that point, when you are, for exemple, Skye against Fernando, you can already stand there and wait for your death. If you try to fight from the distance, he will just pull up his shield (and no, there's no way you can move faster than his mouse moving) until he has the dash, if you try to run you are still too slow unless you have some kind of dash or gap closer (but he still has his, so you either fly away or nothing), and if you try to fight him from close distance his health pool will be too high and he will kill you before you can kill him.

ProfessorFart
10-05-2016, 07:03 AM
The voice warning is fairly invalid because it can apply to most of the roster if the champion decides to flank. The only difference is how quickly someone dies when the ambush starts. If he puts up his shield, good. Pressure and zone him so he can't get close. It's not like he can constantly toggle the shield on and off to slip in chip damage and the more you damage it, the longer it will take for him to get it back. If you notice an aggressive Fernando you should consider moving away in advance. A lot of the non-frontline champions have movement abilities that are potent enough to distance themselves or disengage and if the Fernando follows that's his doing and he can potnetially cost their own team an important asset.

His high health pool doesn't matter as long as you can effectively zone him, keep him from closing in. And as I mentioned before, Fernando and the other frontline champs are, by design, superior at close range so of course they are supposed to kill you before you can if you can't get away. He's not overpowered, you got outplayed and refuse to learn from your mistakes.

Qtxo
10-05-2016, 08:55 AM
Fernando does need looking at. He's basically insta win in ranked right now. Especially when he builds cauterize, GG any support players because his left click makes you useless. :)

YingLee
10-05-2016, 11:01 AM
you do know an item exists to counter exactly this right?

Roster
10-05-2016, 11:03 AM
Bomb king can easly break the shield of any tank before stun him.
The fireball is the only way Fernando has to get bonus damage and you don't do 1300/1800 in each game...
And almost all support can slow fernando and escape.

Dobby2Step
10-05-2016, 01:17 PM
He is the best front liner in the game, at least in my opinion. His health probably needs a bit of a nerf, but his damage and ultimate are fine to me. His ultimate is I believe the best counter in the game to skye, and drogoz with their one shots to most champions.

ReapCree
10-12-2016, 11:16 AM
Fernando is fine. He's slow, and if you keep your distance, he can't damage you, and if you're a very mobile character, you can get behind him, making himself either turn around and your team will damage him or take the hits from you. Either way, he'll still take damage.

Dobby2Step
10-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Fern man, has always been fine to me. Enough wrecker power and his shields just melt away. Plus he's already getting a nerf in the upcoming OB35 patch to his health.

AngryBes
10-13-2016, 01:03 AM
He seems pretty broken and takes no skill to play. Needs to be toned down in one area.

ThatOthell159
10-13-2016, 01:15 AM
Just had a game where enemy Fernando out damaged both Viktor's and Skye's (both enemy and teammate)

http://imgur.com/a/qBwTO

ACorpse
10-13-2016, 01:59 AM
Just had a game where enemy Fernando out damaged both Viktor's and Skye's (both enemy and teammate)

Doesn't show much without the rest of the screenshot. :/

Roster
10-13-2016, 02:02 AM

You'r viktor and skye's was just bad and if you get outplayed by a fernando aggro/flank it's you'r problem.

NeoDAV
10-13-2016, 09:05 AM
Nerf Fernado

Raviollius
10-13-2016, 09:13 AM

You'r viktor and skye's was just bad and if you get outplayed by a fernando aggro/flank it's you'r problem.
^This. I also outdps a lot of people often as Fernando, but that only just tell you how bad they are. You do around 450 DPS up close, after all.

The thing with Fernando is: you can ignore him if his shield is up. You can move through his shield easily(he can at most bodyblock you or charge for 200 damage) to kill the people behind him. If he's charging at you with shield up, he's not protecting his team. Keep calm(the most important thing, really), and CC/burst him if he's alone. Otherwise, go for the softies he left behind.

Frankly, half the difficulty when playing Fernando is knowing when to put up the shield(no, using it the moment you get close is usually a bad idea), when to drop it early and when to go on the attack to cause chaos/kill squishies.