PDA

View Full Version : Makoa`s need some buffs.

Rhaenxys
10-04-2016, 10:12 AM
I personally think ancient rage should deal more damage per hit or a way faster swing speed considering most champions have a lot of tools to be out of melee range.

Shell spin should deal a more noticeable knockback or a stun.

Shell shield may need a reduction on the cooldown to compete with other tanks, 12 second cooldown seems fine.

VarenWolf
10-04-2016, 10:26 AM
Currently makoa's fine where he is, I don't really use the ult for damage I use it for the extra health to tank and the heal it provides. The reason it also is melee is because he has the only pull in the game. His big thing is the ability to displace anyone on the field when he positions himself accordingly.

BDra
10-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Makoa buffs? You can even play him as a back up flanker and he'll do more than fine...

Daraoss
10-04-2016, 11:42 AM
people are forced to play makoa as a tank these days since fernando is picked 24/7 in ranked and usually followed by an off-tank so makoa is usually left out for the other team and if you compare his tanking stats to nando or barik or even ruckus he's not the best

BDra
10-04-2016, 11:56 AM
people are forced to play makoa as a tank these days since fernando is picked 24/7 in ranked and usually followed by an off-tank so makoa is usually left out for the other team and if you compare his tanking stats to nando or barik or even ruckus he's not the best

Well, that's because people think those categories actually mean something. And that shielding is the only way to play a "tank".

FenexDragonis
10-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Well, that's because people think those categories actually mean something. And that shielding is the only way to play a "tank".

which is the one place were makoa suffers...

Barik and ruckus can use their shields and keep fighting

Fernando can move his freely and reposition his shield to defend himself and team as needed

where makoa is defenseless and is easily countered by walking into it..

his entire kit doesnt need a rework but his shield is very weak compared to others... they need to add a little something to it...like a buff for allies inside it (thus he protects them and they protect him, as im sure was the intended design) or at very least like a poison that deals damage over time to enemys inside it or causes them to take increased damage from other sources...

the point is makoas shield is much easier to out play than any other frontline... the only thing makoa has going for him over other front lines is burst via hook basic combo..

hes kinda like the grover of frontlines... hes not bad.. but if i have an option i would take anyone else over him.. (i refrence grover because his kit is kinda contradictory)

MiuiKy
10-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Is this bait?
Makoa is fine as fuck! Very good Drogoz counter (assume you can hook him down) and pretty much denier of squishy flankers and damage dealers..

Kadurkel
10-04-2016, 07:23 PM
You mean nerfs. FFS stop posting balance stuff if you didn't even play 100 hours and at an above average level.

Rogueldr
10-04-2016, 07:34 PM
You mean nerfs. FFS stop posting balance stuff if you didn't even play 100 hours and at an above average level.

If it takes you 100 hours to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of such a small pool of heroes then i'm guessing you have mittens pinned to your jacket and you should probably stop jumping on people.

A reasonably perceptive person should be able to get a handle on the basic balance of the game by around 20hr give or take.

Edit**

Honestly even 20 is rather high. I got a grasp of what champ does what and how well in a few hours. But it does take a lot longer to fully understand their subtleties.

Kadurkel
10-04-2016, 10:13 PM
If it takes you 100 hours to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of such a small pool of heroes then i'm guessing you have mittens pinned to your jacket and you should probably stop jumping on people.

A reasonably perceptive person should be able to get a handle on the basic balance of the game by around 20hr give or take.

Edit**

Honestly even 20 is rather high. I got a grasp of what champ does what and how well in a few hours. But it does take a lot longer to fully understand their subtleties.

No you suck balls after 20 hours. Good players have a minimum of 500 hours in this game, or any game.

Mundal
10-05-2016, 01:53 AM
Makoa sucks compared to other tanks, been using him for 2 days straight just to level him up. I like how so many people saying he's fine but i am pretty sure they rarely select him.

Worst problem with him is enemies can enter his shield and shoot him while he can't do anything (also someone check 'cos i have noticed barrage hitting him through shields idk if its a bug or intended that way), his shield has longest cd and least duration even with cards and expires earlier than any other tank(leaving ruckus aside since he is more of a hybrid tank-damage dealer). His hook is meh esp. since the targets can escape easily after being pulled and just 4 shots in the cannon.

Ultra is more of a survivability than a team buff or an offensive one, you basically go from 600 ranged damage to 600 melee damage, good luck running after the targets (considering most flankers and support classes have superb traverse ability) unless you have your hook or spin ready, useless against tanks for sure (only if they are squishy).

Even though i am usually in top 3 (mostly at 2, maybe because other teammates suck real bad) elimination-wise when i play Makoa most of the time that doesn't change the fact that he is the worst tank as of now. To fix this they need to change his damage back to 700 or remain 600 but give him 6 shots in cannon and anchor should stun targets after pull like grumpy bomb does. I am close to getting him on level 9 just 2-3 matches more.

Mundal
10-05-2016, 02:07 AM
No you suck balls after 20 hours. Good players have a minimum of 500 hours in this game, or any game.

Not true, i started gaining attention of other players on servers with just 300 hrs of TF2, often medics used to save their ubers until i respawned and came back to frontlines, some players used to stack on my team. Ofcourse now with almost 4k hours i know more than what i did when i had just a couple of 100 hours in the game. I have seen players with 1000s of hours in the game and they can't even properly rocket jump and they main soldier, demo mains still using/spamming nades from across the map and people with 3000 hours still stuck on heavy. What a shame. Point is some people learn fast and some are slow learners, others are just noobs. Besides Tf2 is more complex and have higher skill ceiling than paladins. With just 30 hours in this game i started noticing strength and weaknesses of every character, now with 95 hours i know what champs are powerful and weak maybe some tweaks could help, ofcourse maps play a role too.

Mundal
10-05-2016, 11:07 AM
I personally think ancient rage should deal more damage per hit or a way faster swing speed considering most champions have a lot of tools to be out of melee range.

Shell spin should deal a more noticeable knockback or a stun.

Shell shield may need a reduction on the cooldown to compete with other tanks, 12 second cooldown seems fine.

Exactly my thoughts

Dobby2Step
10-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Makoa is one of the few champs I'd consider very well balanced. Yes his basic attack isn't high damage, but that's fine. He makes up for it in his mechanics.

ScorpionFabi23
10-06-2016, 09:44 PM
Soy fanático del personaje de Makoa, pero quiero dar una opinión imparcial y dar recomendaciones que lo mejoren como esta actualmente, pero sin exagerarlo.

Ancla de Dragado: Esta Habilidad necesita ser modificada, primero en el alcance, se le tiene que dar mas distancia para agarrar a un enemigo, porque Makoa, queda indefenso contra un enemigo que este a mediana-larga distancia y el es un personaje lento y difícil pegar la bala de cañón.

Ancla de Dragado: Además de lo anterior, se le tiene que dar aunque sea un segundo de aturdimiento al enemigo que es agarrado con esta habilidad, porque es un poco difícil agarrar a un enemigo, como para que este huya utilizando una de sus habilidades de defensa y este no sufra el daño del disparo del cañón, porque en honor a la verdad, si no se complementa con una bala de cañón, esta habilidad no sirve de nada.

Protección Impenetrable: Se supone que el caparazón de Makoa es duro y resistente, por lo que esta habilidad cuando se activa, debería protegerlo mas y resistir mas daño, porque al moverse tan lento, prácticamente se convierte en un blanco de todos sus enemigos.

Ira Ancestral: Se supone que esta es la máxima habilidad de Makoa, pero da mucho que desear, porque Makoa es un personaje muy lento y golpear a un enemigo con ella es muy difícil, porque le resulta muy fácil alejarse de él cuan la usa, mi recomendación que voy a dar va acorde con su nombre, modifiquen esta habilidad dándole un aumento de velocidad de movimiento del personaje mínimo del 20% mientras la tiene activa.

No quiero que Makoa sea el mejor personaje de todos, pero creo que estos cambios son necesarios para balancear un poco el personaje, porque como esta actualmente, dificulta mucho jugar con este personaje y poder hacer una partida decente con este querido personaje.

Otra recomendación distinta al tema, seria incluir vestuarios diferente estilos para cada personaje y no solo cambiarle el color.