PDA

View Full Version : I had an idea for Skye's ult rework.

Qtxo
10-04-2016, 06:09 AM
So, we can agree the ult does too much damage in a short period of time with no real consequence for Skye due to her stealthing straight out again.

But, what if, Skye had to become visible and charge the bomb for 3-4 seconds.

Example:

'Time's ticking'

Enemy team see the bomb icon appear on their screen. They turn and see a Skye knelt down placing the bomb. 3-4 Seconds later, if Skye is not killed, the bomb detonates doing the same effect as it does now, but also killing Skye.

/thoughts

KicksBrickster
10-04-2016, 06:22 AM
Not a bad idea, but I think that might make her ult too weak. 3-4 seconds is a long time to stay alive when the average DPS is more than half your health.

ArmaFullClip
10-04-2016, 06:28 AM
You kidding right? 3-4 sec? I can solo kill her 2 times in 3-4 sec.Really bad idea..I have an idea too, you people could learn to play maybe use covers like stones walls trees to stay in cover or buy iluminate so you can see and kill her before she come close, or if people are really so stupid to counter it they can make it so that her ulti dose same 3000k damage but in 2 ticks so if you get hit by the second tick, you really deserve to be death by that time you have to move away.

Qtxo
10-04-2016, 06:31 AM
I can solo kill her 2 times in 3-4 sec

That adds nothing to this discussion.

Skyes ult is an AoE team fight mechanic. Skyes at the moment can get away with using it on their own whenever they please, which is the broken aspect of it. As you can read, the damage etc will stay the same, players / teams have the option to either focus her down (disarming the bomb), or running away.

It will separate the good Skyes from the bad, those who use it at the right time rather than those who use it whenever its up and get quadras.

ArmaFullClip
10-04-2016, 09:14 AM
That adds nothing to this discussion.

Skyes ult is an AoE team fight mechanic. Skyes at the moment can get away with using it on their own whenever they please, which is the broken aspect of it. As you can read, the damage etc will stay the same, players / teams have the option to either focus her down (disarming the bomb), or running away.

It will separate the good Skyes from the bad, those who use it at the right time rather than those who use it whenever its up and get quadras.

Skye is not a really good champion if you play vs good players, one good player whit iluminat 2 can make her useless, i play mainly flankers and one of the 2 last flankers i would take is skye. she is only good vs new players who dont know what they do or players whit a low skill level. If you die by the same champion every single time you should be honest to yourself and ask yourself what is you doing wrong and what can you improve in your skill and game play to counter that player and champion. I agree skye is not a champion whit big skill requirements and so are many others who are really strong. But skye is not really a champion you can make a big improvements whit your skill so she will always be a mid tier flanker, where for exemple heroes like androxus have a really big skill gap and are not easy to play but can carry the whole team in the hands of a skilled player.

Learning to deal whit skye will separate you from the bad players, in fact learning to deal whit any champion. I for my self find skye one of the easier champions to deal whit..

Also you have problem whit stealth, you buy iluminate, you have problem whit shields, you can buy wrecker, you have problem whit enemy heals, you buy Cauterize. You have a card to counter any hero in this game, but 90% of you buying over and over again aggression, the worst card you can possible get in any scenario.

BiteyFerret
10-04-2016, 09:24 AM
What card do I buy that deals with the problem this thread discusses, namely her ult?

Sairlix
10-04-2016, 09:32 AM
I think it is a good idea but I think it would be enough with just lowering the damage output or the range of the explosion since the explosion radius a big. If the radius was smaller I would have no issue with the damage but since many champs don't have skills that makes them jump,move faster,fly or tp they will 70% of the time die just because of the radius.

Sairlix
10-04-2016, 09:33 AM
What card do I buy that deals with the problem this thread discusses, namely her ult?

Honestly Iluminate 2 since you will be able to see her in a bit farther away when she is invisible which makes it easier for you to escape/see it coming.

ArmaFullClip

Read above again you can take any cover to not get hit by it big stones, trees, walls you name it. You can use iluminate to kill her before she even has a chance to come really close to place her bomb, most of you playing whit a tunnel vision only sees whats in front of them and that is the biggest problem, i noticed so many players just focus on whats in front of them that you can shoot them 5+ times before they even think to turn around..

Havoc777
So, we can agree the ult does too much damage in a short period of time with no real consequence for Skye due to her stealthing straight out again.

But, what if, Skye had to become visible and charge the bomb for 3-4 seconds.

Example:

'Time's ticking'

Enemy team see the bomb icon appear on their screen. They turn and see a Skye knelt down placing the bomb. 3-4 Seconds later, if Skye is not killed, the bomb detonates doing the same effect as it does now, but also killing Skye.

/thoughts

Won't work, not in this fast paced type of game. Ragnarok's Warlock Comets (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOQ2wyDzcGQ) are very similar to Skye's ult in that they have a massive range, deal heavy damage, and clip through walls. The difference if they have a long cast time which balances the move, but, as I said before, that won't work in a fast paced game such as Paladins. The best bet is to reduce it's blast radius or rework it all together.

edit: Currently, Skye's ult has a radius of 50 while other aoe ultimates such as Victor's or Evie's only have a radius of 25. You can see the test here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2jygt91R2w

Skye's bomb needs it's radius reduced to 25 like the rest of the ults.

Wabafet
10-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Currently, Skye's ult has a radius of 50 while other aoe ultimates such as Victor's or Evie's only have a radius of 25.

Yeah the radius on her bomb is ridiculous, it's much larger than even the visual explosion. I think that a simple damage vs distance drop-off would make it more balanced. There is not near enough cover near the objective points to rely on that to defend against it.

LascarCapable
10-04-2016, 01:39 PM
So basically, you turn Skye's ult into a suicide button ?

No thanks. No ult should kill the user when triggered. Especially when it would never hit anything. The bomb takes too much time to explode. Everyone would go away and you would just end up killing yourself. This is not right at all.

MalasaBoi
10-04-2016, 03:11 PM
For those who say just get illuminate, you have to remember that the games are too fast and are easy to snowball. Spending credits on illuminate on the first item you get severely puts you at a disadvantage against other people as that ability already specializes just on Skye. Most matches end so fast that I usually only get Tier 1 of 2-3 things or tier 2 of 2 things. People can't afford to spend on illuminate because the cost of losing out on something else like a -10% cooldown or +10% lifesteal is just too much to give up just to deal with ONE damn character. The fact that there's an item that is just there to counter Skye already sends flags on how powerful she is.

I agree with everyone here in saying that her bomb does too much damage in too little a time. She is a single-target dps and her solid left click and right click combo can already take down any damage dealer in a second. She doesn't need an AOE Nuke that also hits a tank for half their health and instakills any DD/Support. She's meant to go in, pick someone out, then run out, not go in and take 3 people out - this isn't Naruto.

IMO, Skye is a single-target DPS, so keep her like that. She's meant to pick off the damage dealers to create an opening for your team. IMO, they should give her a CC, maybe even transform that bomb into a CC bomb that either stuns or blurs the enemy's vision if they're in the radius for a few seconds, maybe 2-3 seconds. This will create enough time and an opening for her to pick off someone and, if the team is co-ordinated, time to capitalise and advance into the frey. If wanted, maybe even add a bit of damage (maybe 250-500 dmg).

IvanDrago777
10-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Just add difference damage areas for all explosions.

Qtxo
10-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Maybe give the bomb health and have it targetable?