PDA

View Full Version : Makoa's Shell Shield (enemy stepping in it)

RattuS
10-03-2016, 06:02 PM
It's hard to believe this is intended. Well, it obviously is. You can use Makoa's Shell Shield only to block mid/long ranged attacks (i.e. protect team mates behind you). Enemies close to it can simple step in and attack Makoa for free.

This kinda ruins Makoa to be a payload frontliner. So is he not intended to be played on the payload? Comparing him with Fernando... well, I don't see a reason to pick him over Fernando. Thoughts?

ChaosAnimagic
10-03-2016, 06:04 PM
Intended, it's made to block "Range" not targets next to you.

Same thing similar to Fernando and Barik's Shields that can only block the front, enemies can still go around and hit you from behind or just go straight into you and hit you behind the shield.

FenexDragonis
10-03-2016, 07:09 PM
the point is when you really look at it.. his shield has the biggest trade off of the frontlines..

fernando- cant act while his sheild is up... and he open to attack from behind.. but he can reposition his shield as needed to protect himself or his team..

Barik and ruckus - can throw their shields up and keep fighting

where makoa.. basically is similar to Fernando but with no means of defending himself and is relyant upon his team.. so basically you end up with a scenario where the enemy team decides if they want to push in and attack you... or just focus on players who are not inside the shield.. this could be easely addressed by adding something a little more to the ability... what comes to mind would be for example inside the shield makoa emits a poison gas that causes enemy players inside it to take additional damage from other players on makoas team... this creates a synergy where makoas shield can be used to protect his team.. while his team protects him.. im not saying its bad im just saying his shield leaves him more defenseless than any other front lines shield

Mundal
10-04-2016, 02:56 AM
the point is when you really look at it.. his shield has the biggest trade off of the frontlines..

fernando- cant act while his sheild is up... and he open to attack from behind.. but he can reposition his shield as needed to protect himself or his team..

Barik and ruckus - can throw their shields up and keep fighting

where makoa.. basically is similar to Fernando but with no means of defending himself and is relyant upon his team.. so basically you end up with a scenario where the enemy team decides if they want to push in and attack you... or just focus on players who are not inside the shield.. this could be easely addressed by adding something a little more to the ability... what comes to mind would be for example inside the shield makoa emits a poison gas that causes enemy players inside it to take additional damage from other players on makoas team... this creates a synergy where makoas shield can be used to protect his team.. while his team protects him.. im not saying its bad im just saying his shield leaves him more defenseless than any other front lines shield

Besides Makoa's shield has longest cd even with the cards ( however to minimize it your shield must be destroyed completely before it expires) and the duration can only be increased to 2 sec as compared to Barik's 4 all while Barik himself can shoot along with his turrets while Makoa is vulnerable. Something i have noticed is the Friggin barrage hits you through shell shield idk if its a bug or supposed to be that way.

Zeleen
10-04-2016, 04:04 AM
He has the best ult of all the tanks though even though it affects only him. He's really shellfish but I feel like he can have a strong frontline presence regardless. He's my third choice as a tank because I don't like his punishing CDs and I don't really do all that well with him but I just hate Ruckus. Ruckus is pure annoyance to me whichever side he is because of his damn gatlings that literally bring the mo-fkin ruckus and make too much noise for my taste.

So I'm not a Makoa player but I do believe they definitely need to make his shield block Viktor's ult. Otherwise what's the point of having a dome shield if it only annoys Drogoz?

Mundal
10-04-2016, 04:47 AM
He has the best ult of all the tanks though even though it affects only him. He's really shellfish but I feel like he can have a strong frontline presence regardless. He's my third choice as a tank because I don't like his punishing CDs and I don't really do all that well with him but I just hate Ruckus. Ruckus is pure annoyance to me whichever side he is because of his damn gatlings that literally bring the mo-fkin ruckus and make too much noise for my taste.

So I'm not a Makoa player but I do believe they definitely need to make his shield block Viktor's ult. Otherwise what's the point of having a dome shield if it only annoys Drogoz?

He is a crappy tank, his shield duration and cd (including cards) is worst than that of Fernando and barik, Ruckus is a damage tank with less shields but more damage output. Makoa's anchor needs to stun targets like grumpy bomb does, but as of now anyone can use traverse ability to escape after anchor pull. Even though i have been on top or 2nd on the score board many times when i play as Makoa , i still feel he is weak, why use him when any other tank would do a better job. His ultra is meh, you basically go from 600 ranged damage to 600 melee damage with just hp increase. One can escape easily esp, the flankers unless you shellspin towards them or anchor them and even then i have seen many of them just escape or by the time my ultra just expires , tanks will sustain the blows easily. Its more of a survivability ultra rather then offensive one.

Kadurkel
10-05-2016, 12:31 AM
Fernando has no shield around everyone and has no grab either to my knowledge :)

But yeah Fernando is a better tank obviously. Seriously OP right now.