PDA

View Full Version : Grohk's ultimate.

Saltyzzzz
10-03-2016, 04:37 AM
Regardless people saying Grohk is useless, i find him quite interesting.

With proper cards you can almost spam totems and heal your team as good as Yign or Grover does. But what i am dissapointed with is his Ultimate. Comparing to others supports, it's kinda weak - it doesnt affect all players (as Groover or Yign does), Grohk can be easily killed during it, even without focusing him (and look at Groover). So here is a list of my suggestions, how to balance it:

Make Grohk invincible during the ultimate. He acts as initiator, slowing down enemies in the center of fight, and it works better if he cannot be easy downed.
Increase the numbers of allies/enemies affected (or only allies - he is a support anyway). I'd suggest that ALL allies in the radius get healing, it makes sense comparing to Groover and Yign.
Increase healing done/damage done? Maybe, but these 2 above would make the ultimate pretty balanced.

P.S. English isn't native, blablabla, hope it's all explained clearly.

http://imgur.com/LEINQjz

Zeleen
10-03-2016, 04:43 AM
I agree that it's one of the weaker ults and that he should have *some* damage reduction during ult but considering how weak it is he should probably be in ghost form during that time. Or just go damage reduction but increase values.

I can still get value out of it but it requires excellent timing and a very good read on the battle conditions. It's by no means an initiator though more like the other way around. It's a good "mop up" ult.

Saltyzzzz
10-03-2016, 05:08 AM
I agree that it's one of the weaker ults and that he should have *some* damage reduction during ult but considering how weak it is he should probably be in ghost form during that time. Or just go damage reduction but increase values.

I agree - entering the ghost form for duration of the ult is a perfect decision. Adding to it synergy with cards will make it even stronger.

Qtxo
10-03-2016, 05:57 AM
His ultimate is definitely one of the worst ultimate's for supports. The damage output is laughable (as a Grover I simply heal once and I've healed through all of it), the lack of dmg reduction during means he's just a giant target for their team, and the HPS isn't large enough to be used to counter huge ults i.e. Viktors.

ShiftyTaco
10-03-2016, 10:38 PM
I agree as well that this needs to be buffed. Using his ult has the least affect on the game outcome compared to the rest of the champions.

MiuiKy
10-03-2016, 10:56 PM
I agree his ult needs a rework.. The ult is not suppose to kill anyone, is more like to give a advantage to your teammates doing damage on enemies while healing the nearest 2 but he gets SO VULNERABLE he become easy pray..

Detroitmechwork
10-03-2016, 11:01 PM
Edit: ACK! Never mind. I am an idiot. I just realized I blearily read that Grover instead of Grohk. Forgive me and ignore my stupidity.

Dobby2Step
10-03-2016, 11:33 PM
Grohk is my main squeeze in the game, but I agree his Ultimate is very very weak. Maybe tweak it in line with Grover, and Ying. Just make it a straight up short powerful heal, although it is unique as its damage and heals at the same time.

LaughingDead
10-04-2016, 01:22 AM
I like his ult idea, ying heals everything on the map, grover heals all the damage at close, pip makes enemies super weak to burst and vulnerable and grohk heals and damages.

That being said, I don't think the mechanics need to be changed but the numbers definitely.

I think the idea is that with the ult you displace enemies and allies hp amounts so devs probably had the thought process that displacing 400 over several enemies and allies a tic was a good ult, however the application requires most of the enemy team to be either lower than 3k heroes or at least non front liners since front lines often don't care how big the difference is in hp as long it isn't all of it.

So instead of making bigger numbers, maybe a bigger AoE would suffice? That way a grohk can stay behind his frontliner, heal allies and damage the enemy's damage backliners.

I do agree an invulnerable state would help but then you simply have a grohk in the middle of a mad mob after it's done (also ghost walk is really not that fast or helpful when it comes to displacement) forcing your support to kill himself to get the most out of his ult; which is more detrimental to the class balance than helpful.

ACorpse
10-04-2016, 02:33 AM
Making his ult heal and give a damage buff to teammates in range, IE 20%, instead of a poor damage output. Putting him into ghost walk or a 50% damage reduction for the duration wouldn't be horribad either.

LascarCapable
10-04-2016, 03:11 AM
Invincibility while the ult is triggered ? I'm against it : I highly suspect that such a modification would make that ult really frustrating to face against. A damage reduction or a high rate self healing feels a bit more fair I guess.

MiuiKy
10-04-2016, 05:11 PM
Invincibility while the ult is triggered ? I'm against it : I highly suspect that such a modification would make that ult really frustrating to face against. A damage reduction or a high rate self healing feels a bit more fair I guess.

High-rate self healing seens like a wonderful and amazing idea!
My main issue with the ult is how vulnerable he his.. He heals the nearest 2 champions and deals damage to all enemies but he doesn't heal himself and becomes an easy target..

Hero4Rent
10-07-2016, 02:16 PM
The high self rate healing seems like a good compromise, but it make be a touch too similar to your friendly neighborhood Groover. Dunno, it just needs something extra to pop.

Weird idea, but since he's surging with such and such, with lightning zapping everywhere, what about a short duration interrupt/stun from the bolts on impact? The ult doesn't do a huge amount of damage itself, but the effect could keep something at close range from melting his face with a weapon instantly, and bulk up the team support nicely. May even let him save a teammates bacon with the right timing.

Plus, since the ult only affects so many targets, that could keep it from being *too* good, and if there is a ranged foe a distance away they could still potentially end him. Dunno, just a thought.