PDA

View Full Version : Does Androxus need a buff?

Deioth
10-02-2016, 01:32 AM
Or, more precisely, a rework to Netherstep? Unless I am missing something, I simply can't use him right, because unlike Skye and Buck (not tried Evie, but seen her well played and quite evasive) he seems utterly stuck without Netherstep and becomes an easy (and often priority) target. The issue is that he needs his Netherstep to escape a failed or bad flank, or a successful flank, or... ever. Its current iteration makes escape impossible and escape is exactly what ever other flanker has on top of having a skill to flank and hit quickly. Androxus either can flank and hit quick, or he can escape, as Netherstep's functionality nearly guarantees that without perfect aim or last hit opportunities he can only use it for one or the other. Buck's leap is very short cooldown, Evie has blink and flight, and Skye has two forms of stealth.

After playing Andro, I feel pretty convinced that he's just a simple change away from being pretty much perfect as damage and range falloff feels adequate.

I propose that Netherstep be a 3 charge skill and it recharges once every 4 seconds (cards potentially down to once every 3). This is for two reasons: One, an extended fight where you aren't in immediate danger of full team retaliation yet you've used Netherstep means you are FORCED to use it again to refresh its use timer which can prove disorienting and counter productive (assuming you've not expended max step use) especially if you eventually need it to escape. Two, unlike every other flanker, Andro is the only one without a means of quickly reaching their target and then escaping just as quickly when they get focused. A smart Skye picks her targets and smoke bombs away pending stealth cooldown, Evie simply blinks or flies, and Buck can practically spam his jump. Sure, highly skilled Andros might get the priority kill and spend their 2nd or 3rd nether to run, but the clunky mechanic and the inaccuracy of his RMB means you're very likely dead if you get focused.

Skye, Buck, I've been able to escape bad flanks (again, not tried Evie, but seen her escape bad flanks easy). This Netherstep change would be perfect.

Also, I'd propose Reversal simply empower your next shot rather than fire once the channel ends, and the ability to LMB/RMB to cancel it early (for only that little earned by then) would be very nice as well.

Caelestis
10-02-2016, 02:46 AM
I propose that Netherstep be a 3 charge skill and it recharges once every 4 seconds.....

A smart Skye picks her targets and smoke bombs away pending stealth cooldown

in short it's called "rework" .

nah. preparation 4 + victory rush 4 + ninja 2 on skye makes wonders

ArmaFullClip
10-02-2016, 05:22 AM
Or, more precisely, a rework to Netherstep? Unless I am missing something, I simply can't use him right, because unlike Skye and Buck (not tried Evie, but seen her well played and quite evasive) he seems utterly stuck without Netherstep and becomes an easy (and often priority) target. The issue is that he needs his Netherstep to escape a failed or bad flank, or a successful flank, or... ever. Its current iteration makes escape impossible and escape is exactly what ever other flanker has on top of having a skill to flank and hit quickly. Androxus either can flank and hit quick, or he can escape, as Netherstep's functionality nearly guarantees that without perfect aim or last hit opportunities he can only use it for one or the other. Buck's leap is very short cooldown, Evie has blink and flight, and Skye has two forms of stealth.

After playing Andro, I feel pretty convinced that he's just a simple change away from being pretty much perfect as damage and range falloff feels adequate.

I propose that Netherstep be a 3 charge skill and it recharges once every 4 seconds (cards potentially down to once every 3). This is for two reasons: One, an extended fight where you aren't in immediate danger of full team retaliation yet you've used Netherstep means you are FORCED to use it again to refresh its use timer which can prove disorienting and counter productive (assuming you've not expended max step use) especially if you eventually need it to escape. Two, unlike every other flanker, Andro is the only one without a means of quickly reaching their target and then escaping just as quickly when they get focused. A smart Skye picks her targets and smoke bombs away pending stealth cooldown, Evie simply blinks or flies, and Buck can practically spam his jump. Sure, highly skilled Andros might get the priority kill and spend their 2nd or 3rd nether to run, but the clunky mechanic and the inaccuracy of his RMB means you're very likely dead if you get focused.

Skye, Buck, I've been able to escape bad flanks (again, not tried Evie, but seen her escape bad flanks easy). This Netherstep change would be perfect.

Also, I'd propose Reversal simply empower your next shot rather than fire once the channel ends, and the ability to LMB/RMB to cancel it early (for only that little earned by then) would be very nice as well.

As a player who plays mainly Androxus i say no. He is the best and most balanced flanker and one of the most balanced heroes in general. You just playing him probably wrong, or you use the wrong cards in your deck. You can use netherstep to get to the target kill him or if it fail and they shoot you you can use your reversal to reset you cooldown on netherstep whit the right card. Also you can get heals from reversal 40% of the damage you absorb, you add to that the card that reduce the cooldown on reversal on each hit whit your main ability and there you go, you got a rely strong androxus setup :D Keep in mind that reversal is sometimes buged and you will sadly get killed even if you have it up till they fix it hopefully..

BDra
10-02-2016, 05:23 AM
As a player who plays mainly Androxus i say no. He is the best and most balanced flanker and one of the most balanced heroes in general. You just playing him probably wrong, or you use the wrong cards in your deck. You can use netherstep to get to the target kill him or if it fail and they shoot you you can use your reversal to reset you cooldown on netherstep whit the right card. Also you can get heals from reversal 40% of the damage you absorb, you add to that the card that reduce the cooldown on reversal on each hit whit your main ability and there you go, you got a rely strong androxus setup :D Keep in mind that reversal is sometimes buged and you will sadly get killed even if you have it up till they fix it hopefully..

You can't really call him balanced when even after a (small) nerf he's far better than most. The bug fixes on him actually had more effect on him than the nerf, but still his damage output needs to be looked at.

ArmaFullClip
10-02-2016, 05:33 AM
You can't really call him balanced when even after a (small) nerf he's far better than most. The bug fixes on him actually had more effect on him than the nerf, but still his damage output needs to be looked at.

The problem is not Androxus been to strong, the problem is some heroes are bad balanced in comparison to him or the most players dont know how to play them, for exemple most players cry about skye been so op when she is rely not, her ulti could get some change but i have no big problem whit her expect when i play kinessa but thets not the problem skye been op, its kinessa been bad whit her slow teleport and slow movement in general.

GemZero
10-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Androxus has so much penalty on his damage while cassie has no damage penalty whatsoever, and so much fire rate and better damage overall. And too make matters worse his defiance and reversal are so underpowered when compared to the other flankers skills. He NEEDS a buff or fix immediately.

Deioth
10-02-2016, 02:38 PM
I suppose some other cards would be an idea as I've not experimented with cards on anyone yet, but I think that says something where you must rely on the cards to be effective at your roll rather than using cards to supplement your playstyle. Buck's default set and Skye's default set clearly give both what they need to get in, kill, and escape. Andro is very hard to approach compared to those two given how Netherstep functions, so if I need to expend a ton of card points just to make it not terrible they need to reapproach his design a bit. Everyone should be comparatively functional in their roll without cards.

epicnikiwow
10-02-2016, 03:50 PM
I feel like anroxus needs a range buff. His weapon in awesome, but deals almost no damage at range. Im not saying he should be like kinessa and still deal 650 damage, but maybe something like viktor. Most classes as of right now have a large range and still do damage. Androxus is one that has to be right up with the enemy. Also, this isn't something I really want, but I think it would be cool if androxus could directly reflect the damage back instead of having to aim. SOmething like when he gets shot, at the end of his ability the damage automatically goes back to everyone who shot at him with 70% of the damage they dealt, instead of 70% of the damage being reflected towards a certain person. This way you cant wipe out a single person with the ability, but lower the HP of all the enemies who attacked you.

Deioth
10-02-2016, 08:05 PM
I feel like anroxus needs a range buff. His weapon in awesome, but deals almost no damage at range. Im not saying he should be like kinessa and still deal 650 damage, but maybe something like viktor. Most classes as of right now have a large range and still do damage. Androxus is one that has to be right up with the enemy. Also, this isn't something I really want, but I think it would be cool if androxus could directly reflect the damage back instead of having to aim. SOmething like when he gets shot, at the end of his ability the damage automatically goes back to everyone who shot at him with 70% of the damage they dealt, instead of 70% of the damage being reflected towards a certain person. This way you cant wipe out a single person with the ability, but lower the HP of all the enemies who attacked you.

Only damage classes have a low fall off, this is intended. Andro with small damage fall off would be OP as hell.

ArmaFullClip
10-03-2016, 04:27 AM
I suppose some other cards would be an idea as I've not experimented with cards on anyone yet, but I think that says something where you must rely on the cards to be effective at your roll rather than using cards to supplement your playstyle. Buck's default set and Skye's default set clearly give both what they need to get in, kill, and escape. Andro is very hard to approach compared to those two given how Netherstep functions, so if I need to expend a ton of card points just to make it not terrible they need to reapproach his design a bit. Everyone should be comparatively functional in their roll without cards.

Cards are there to supplement your playstyle but there will be always one setup and playstyle that is best for a champion . In any game you play there is always and will always be a setup that outperforms the others, dosnt mean you cant use other setups and do well, but one will always be superior. If you look at any game that has different classes where you have to setup a skill tree or so there is always one skill setup that is dominating no matter what.In all games the top players always use the same cookiecutter skills. Also there are other flankers if androxus dosnt fit your play stile, for me and my playstile hes perfect fine. bare in mind that i also have more than one setup of cards and they all work fine for different approaches on him whit different setups in your and your enemy team. Fell free to copy them and try out what fits you.. the standard deck on most champions is not that great tho. I hope this will help :)

Demonbane
10-03-2016, 06:33 AM
Androxus is alright, need to lessen left-click damage I guess, his nether step is ok and badass, other players forgot to press spacebar to slomo in midair though, and Androxus should be played agressively and try to fire people in the back because he is a bit squishy that's why he has his reversal.