PDA

View Full Version : Who Needs Nerfs and Buffs as of Patch 34!

GemZero
10-01-2016, 06:29 PM
So i´ve been playing the game for a while and i got an idea of whats going in on character wise on the game and i´ve been trying to play with all the characters and see wicth ones are overpowered and wicth ones are underpowered and need further fixing.
This is what i gathered thus far:

Frontline characters:

Makoa : The worst option in terms of Def when compared Barik or Fernando since both of them have the highest survival ratio, and in terms of Atk it really comes short compared to Ruckus since his attacks are light damage and hard to hit with. He needs an URGENT buff on Hp and Atk on my opinion.

Fernando: Great balance thus far he can define the winner of the match, i think his ultimate could last a bit longer but overall its a well balanced character!

Barik: Since patch 34 he as been buffed, his shotgun is really reliable now and he is on pair with Fernando sacrificing his surviveability on terms of hp but winning on attack against him.Well balanced character as of now!

Ruckus: He is a very good and reliable front line attacker hybrid with the new 400+ hp he had from patch 34 i think he is really better as of now too.

Support Characters:

Ying: A bit overpowered when compared to Grover and Grohk since she can heal tremendously and she can deal tremendous damage too and also get away from danger easily. I think she needs a nerf and maybe make her have less hp like the 1800hp from Evie or make her heals or attack less powerful.

Grover: A good support character but really hard to master since he has too be at the frontlines most of the time making him a bullet sponge most of the time when compared to Ying heal range but overall i think its not that bad balance wise at least for now!

Grohk: I think he isnt used very much since the introduction of the right now superior Ying witch is a safer character too play when compared to Grohk. While he has his cloak witch helps him get out of the fire he needs to bit too close of his teammates for his totems to work thus i think he needs an Hp buff since he shares the same proble with Grover.

PIP: He has too much hp for his high mobility and low size and he can also heal himself while dealing heavy damage. This character needs too be a bit nerfed on some aspects but he his not the worst at this moment.

Damage Characters:

Victor: NEEDS URGENT NERF! He has too much of everything! Too much hp, too much ammo, too much damage and range. He is god compared to other champions, and he is the easiest character to adapt to since its basically the typical fps guy. Also whats with his Ultimate Barrage going down through roofs while the other characters ultimates are negated by walls and roofs?! What??

Bomb King: One of the most innovative characters in the game and a really balanced one as well!
I think he his great as he his!

Cassie:Needs either a nerf on her normal attack or having a range penalty like Androxus revolver, since she can fire faster, deal more damage, and at a longer distance without ever reloading...

Kinessa: Needs a buff on damage and the opressor mines need to be more reliable or they´re range upgraded. They are too easily spotted and destroyed by the enemy making 90% of the time sniping without them.

Drogoz: His ultimate lasts too long making it really hard too dodge and he can one shot kill any character with it. I think his ultimate should not last that long. His fire spit should also deal a bit more damage since its very hard too land an hit with it!

Flankers:

Skye: Her ultimate range is just insane too the point the only way to avoid it is making you have an obstacle between the bomb and yourself or else its always too late. The ultimate of this character still needs an adjustment, making it a Time Bomb instead of the Poison was good but the range its still too much...
The rest i thinks its not perfect but not bad either.

Evie: NEEDS URGENT BUFF! Little Hp compared to Ying when she needs to attack more than Ying since her attacks are slower and require more close encounters than long distant ones.
She needs her Hp to be buffed like 200 points, and her ultimate needs to be either more damaging or having more range.The rest is fine with patch 34.

Buck: Since patch 34 his damage has been fixed, but he needs to be a bit nerfed, since he his a flanker but as of the last patch he his like a damage dealer champion .He his too hard too kill when compared too other flankers since he has his recovery skill that´s very powerful and the heroic leap jumps too long even without cards. Plus he has too much Hp compared to other flankers and with his recovery skill he is overshadowing other flankers quickly...

Androxus:NEEDS URGENT BUFF!
Less and less players have been playing with him sadly since patch 34 he is falling behind too quickly.
His normal attack got nerfed since last patch and now buck its so much better than him at everything...
He needs to be buffed on his attack and range or even his hp and his skills needs to be fixed since his defiance attack as too much spread it always misses and his reversal is too short on time...
I keep asking myself on why does Androxus have so much penalty range and deals only 620 damage with only 6 bullets on his magazine, while Cassie has no reloads, 700 damage arrows with maximum range and so much firing speed???
His revolver should have really more range since you need to be very close to the target to deal damage and even then the damage output is really low when compared to other flanker champions as of patch 34.

Well overall i think the most important buffs are Evie and Androxus and the most important nerf for now is Victor since those changes might make the game really more enjoyable for everyone!

Feel free too leave your thoughts bellow guys! :)

Caelestis
10-01-2016, 06:47 PM
i think supports have different roles .
ying is cq position dependant . heal\dd hybrid
grover can spam axes from other end of map with more dmg and can tank well
grohk is not the one you want near to poke you with ouchy staff.
and pip is long range support

it's too early to make decisions after patch, you need more time so people adjust to changes .

Kadurkel
10-01-2016, 06:52 PM
Androxus:NEEDS URGENT BUFF!

You should lose posting privileges in the balancing forum for this. In fact he needs a slight nerf. The damage is just too overwhelming, especially since it charges the goddamn OP ult faster.

XiaoJyunSLO
10-01-2016, 07:39 PM
androxus only lost 30 damage per attack....

he needs 4 hits on most champions anyway and he is still great and likely the best flanker still especially with major evie nerfs

and lol at viktor complaints

GemZero
10-01-2016, 07:48 PM
You should lose posting privileges in the balancing forum for this. In fact he needs a slight nerf. The damage is just too overwhelming, especially since it charges the goddamn OP ult faster.

Facts show the exact opposite he is getting hammered by the other flankers (minus Evie) on score and eliminations since buck got his buff and him the nerf and i see this on various matches since patch 34.
Its not like i came here without thinking about and having facts on the subject.

androxus only lost 30 damage per attack....

he needs 4 hits on most champions anyway and he is still great.

Not since patch 34, he is well behind buck to the point that you cant 1v1 him sadly and he is a flanker plus is defiance skill is totally useless and many people on this forum have already complained about it...

MotorKnight
10-01-2016, 08:14 PM
The game balance is pretty much a joke now, some chars fits better in other category classes.
For example:
Evie since she is Squishy and high damage more like: Dmg dealer
Androxus since he just have a little less damage than Cassie (Btw Cassie delievers more dmg, counting speed of atk), he can be perfectly: Dmg dealer
Cassie can perfectly be a Flank but her insane speed atk + dmg make her be: Dmg dealer
(She is a better Androxus) also for the ult she has seems more for flanker use :/

Flanks: These champions excel at flanking and taking out key targets from the opponent's rear. <---That sounds like Drogoz Ultimate use
Drogoz seems in the middle of: Flank and Dmg dealer
Skye has too much damage in her ult, main weapon and kit, seems more like: Dmg dealer
Bomb King is in the middle of: Dmg dealer and Flank (Same as Drogoz, his ult use and the way he can easily take dmg dealers, make him more flank than dmg dealer)
Makoa is way more Flanker than Frontliner but for the kit he has still in the middle of: Frontline and Flank
Pip (believe or not) <----- I will prefer that you believe it lol, is a small buck with the difference that he can also use his heals with allies, so he is in the middle (but can be Flank): Flank and Support

I think we need to recategorize the champs before buffing and nerfing more!

If people can said that Skye is balanced now, then ill agree that Kinessa needs a buff on her damage....(jk)

Infinitesimally
10-01-2016, 08:26 PM
My concern is Skye, she's a really good flanker but not sustained literally the definition of OP flanker. She can solo kill Makoa or Fernando without them noticing really. As a person who main Frontliner this is a really tremendous problem to me, because our concern is to be the meat shield for my own team. And Flanks such as Skye is too good to be a flank, her movement speed and escape abilities (Smoke Bombs) needed some nerfing from the dev. And also the reload speed for her weapon is insane, players who understand the concept of her character will wipe out the enemy team without them noticing their demise.

As in Viktor, his stats is actually quite balanced at some point but there's no special in playing him which is basically "typical fps class" and has OP passive stances. So, my solution is:
- Nerfing his ammo stock / Creating limit to his ammo capacity
- Fixing the fire rate of his main attack
- Creating sway after 1 sec his sight being used
- Ultimate reduced to just 1 not 3 and only can be targeted to the ground not the player
- Sprint can only be used for 3 sec just for an escape

Caelestis
10-01-2016, 08:28 PM
The game balance is pretty much a joke now, some chars fits better in other category classes.
For example:
Evie since she is Squishy and high damage more like: Dmg dealer
Androxus since he just have a little less damage than Cassie (Btw Cassie delievers more dmg, counting speed of atk), he can be perfectly: Dmg dealer
Cassie can perfectly be a Flank but her insane speed atk + dmg make her be: Dmg dealer
(She is a better Androxus) also for the ult she has seems more for flanker use :/

Flanks: These champions excel at flanking and taking out key targets from the opponent's rear. <---That sounds like Drogoz Ultimate use
Drogoz seems in the middle of: Flank and Dmg dealer
Skye has too much damage in her ult, main weapon and kit, seems more like: Dmg dealer
Bomb King is in the middle of: Dmg dealer and Flank (Same as Drogoz, his ult use and the way he can easily take dmg dealers, make him more flank than dmg dealer)
Makoa is way more Flanker than Frontliner but for the kit he has still in the middle of: Frontline and Flank
Pip (believe or not) <----- I will prefer that you believe it lol, is a small buck with the difference that he can also use his heals with allies, so he is in the middle (but can be Flank): Flank and Support

I think we need to recategorize the champs before buffing and nerfing more!
try failed .

evie blinks and soar makes her flanker unlike drog . andro dash gives him very good manuverability . cassi dont have nothing except dodge , her ult is a bit wierd .

drogoz oneshot is clearly dd , he dont have much airtcontrol .
broken sky ( hmm good name) i clearly dont see THAT much of problem especially after andro ult . her ablility makes her perfect flanker

Dobby2Step
10-01-2016, 08:39 PM
I only play heals so my focus will be on them.

Ying- She can play more at a distance which for a healer is a plus. Her shatter explosion may be a little to wide in radius, maybe reduce it by 10 or 20%. Beyond that I find her balanced at the moment.

Grohk- My main hero, and sadly one of the most underpowered heroes at the moment. He doesn't have the hp to stand up front with a Fernando or barik to shield him. His totem is great but hindered again by having to be in the front line mostly. Best case scenario you hide the totem out of los, and hope for the best. Ghost walk is great, can't complain on that.

Grover- Beefy hp, nice passive heals, I've never understood the increased damage from a distance for a healer. Heals should be closer to the front line group, and not a fan of his alt attack (right click). Love the idea of this hero but his attack mechanics feel flawed.

Pip- Great mobility, great damage for a support, unique ultimate, and his heal is very nice. Feels quite balanced, and for someone just starting the game. He's a nice starter hero for someone wanting to heal, CC, and do some damage.

MotorKnight
10-01-2016, 08:48 PM
try failed .

evie blinks and soar makes her flanker unlike drog . andro dash gives him very good manuverability . cassi dont have nothing except dodge , her ult is a bit wierd .

drogoz oneshot is clearly dd , he dont have much airtcontrol .
broken sky ( hmm good name) i clearly dont see THAT much of problem especially after andro ult . her ablility makes her perfect flanker

What, Cassie dont have anything except dodge? are we playing a different game?, Her blast shot and Disengage make her have control in a 1 vs 1 with all the chars, with the right aim and cards she also can have unlimited dodge and bonuses dmg.

Evie survavility is a bit low right now since nerf, and btw a early spotted Evie is ez kill (even more with the little hp)
High mobility doesnt make you 100% Flank, yeah is crucial for Flankers, but the rest of the Kit is crucial too

"Drogoz" Being dead by oneshot doesnt mean that he cant be flanker (Evie example)

GemZero
10-01-2016, 08:52 PM
cassi dont have nothing except dodge.

LOL...I dont even...

Caelestis
10-01-2016, 08:55 PM
What, Cassie dont have anything except dodge? are we playing a different game?, Her blast shot and Disengage make her have control in a 1 vs 1 with all the chars, with the right aim and cards she also can have unlimited dodge and bonuses dmg.

1v1 cas is good . unlim roll is available when you actively fight . so no ambushes for you. once spotted = frag

What, Cassie dont have anything except dodge? are we playing a different game?

LOL...I dont even...

learn to read context

Stormbrand
10-01-2016, 09:03 PM
One of the things I dislike about Grover is that they want you to be near your teamates but you wont do any damage since axe scales with range. Maybe if they gave him his old axe to melee, while reducing the damage on his ranged axes. He seems to do little damage up close and he can't even scratch shields. Not to mention it looks stupid swinging axes at someone at point blank range.

GemZero
10-01-2016, 10:16 PM
1v1 cas is good . unlim roll is available when you actively fight . so no ambushes for you. once spotted = frag
learn to read context

Theres is no context so...

Skjoldrsson
10-02-2016, 02:56 AM
Bomb King's Poppy Bomb needs a serious nerf. losing matches as a tank aka Fernando because youre getting thrown off the map from the CENTER of Fish Market TO THE WATER is absurd. Basically one hitting someone with 6000+ hp. yeah tone down the radius or power of the gravity please. its stupid. at least with F i can sorta stay on track, but its WAAAY worse for someone who doesnt have a movement skill.

LascarCapable
10-02-2016, 03:50 AM
Barik: Since patch 34 he as been buffed

Quote from patch 34 :

Barik

Improved shotgun hit registration.
Turret
Addressed an issue where sometimes turrets would not disappear when destroyed.

That's what I call bugfixing, not buff.

ArmaFullClip
10-02-2016, 04:58 AM
Androxus needs buff? You crazy bro XD I play androxus as main most of the time he is one of the strongest and best balanced heroes, no one plays him cuz most players have shit aim and no skill to be able to play him whit full potential. As androxus player you have to hit shoots 95% of time and you have to be able to make make decisions in a split sec when to push and when its time to fall back. All Androxus needs is fix on the reversal bug and hitbox. 50% of time reversal will not work as intended and you will get killed when you have it up. I take androxus over any other flanker anytime. Can easy do 150k damage on him. Most damage i did was like 230k i think whit him

GemZero
10-02-2016, 10:12 AM
no one plays him cuz most players have shit aim and no skill to be able to play him whit full potential.

On the online gaming world the majority of players play with what is stronger and if no one plays with that characters its because something is wrong with him and needs fixing. The problem is no one is choosing him and not playing with him.
And im not doubting about yours skills or whatsoever im just trying to find and tweak some things that i have found to be lackluster when compared to other champions.

Caelestis
10-02-2016, 10:44 AM
On the online gaming world the majority of players play with what is stronger and if no one plays with that characters its because something is wrong with him and needs fixing.
practice shows that majority is noobs going for easymode . and if someone skilled pulls some wierd skillz and kills them , that majority starts whining and dont want to improve their skill and start using brain

Cirila
10-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Cassie looks fine to me. She can do a lot of damage, but can be killed very easy in close combat.

Ying is great, in fact i think she is by far the best support champion.
The other three don't feel like support, they feel like a mix of damage and support, which means they aren't that good for neither.

Skye... pff... let's talk about Skye:
-Invisibility
-Very High DPS
-3000 instantly damage with her ultimate
-Incredible high ultimate range

I sincerely can't see how nobody saw a problem when developing her. Even worst, i can't understand why developers didn't do anything yet.:mad:

The rest are fine for now. Maybe Buck and Evie need some buff, i'm not sure.

I'm kind of disappointed, every game against Skye is frustrating and not fun at all.:(

WaffleDestroyer
10-02-2016, 11:40 AM
OP: Bomb King is balanced. Being able to knock the enemy front liner off the map every few seconds is innovative.

Stopped reading at bomb king lol

Mundal
10-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Agree with Makoa needing a buff he is the worst tank champion.

Agree with Ying and Pip nerfs, my problem with Pip is his flask doesn't have a damage falloff, and has AoE, with high damage, high mobility and healing abilities he is not only difficult to kill but can dish out massive damage. Support champions should be more about healing rather than damage.

Viktor needs nerf in terms of damage output his barrage seems to penetrate makoa's shield too. What nonsense.

Skye's Ultra has a 30 mile range.

Cassie has no damage falloff and hitboxes are the size of a truck, and that fire rate and reload is bs. Its like Huntsman on steroids. She needs to have fall off and more reload time and to compensate this her ultra should reveal enemies and deal 30-50% extra damage by her arrows.

Kinessa is fine as is, only problem people are having with her is she gets owned by a flanker easily. If we look at Tf2 flankers (scouts and spies) are usually the ones owing snipers (or it is enemy team snipers). She doesn't need buff on damage i think she deals 1.1K on charged bodyshots and 1.7K on headshots.

Androxus is ok, if you are skilled enough to land all shots on your target you can deal pretty massive damage. Besides the nerf on androxus is aint even a nerf it was more to shut the people whining about how powerful androxus is (which he was and still is). they reduced it from 650 to 620. This dude on my team scored 75 kills and 195 damage with androxus.

Drogoz is ok , his spit ball deals 1k damage with AoE and knockback if you blast it with rocket. Since his ulti kills only 1 champion at a time(correct me if i am wrong) i think its justified to make it last a little longer. besides he can be killed during ulti.

I haven't played buck and Bombking after the update but last time i checked they sucked.

Mundal
10-02-2016, 11:57 AM
One of the things I dislike about Grover is that they want you to be near your teamates but you wont do any damage since axe scales with range. Maybe if they gave him his old axe to melee, while reducing the damage on his ranged axes. He seems to do little damage up close and he can't even scratch shields. Not to mention it looks stupid swinging axes at someone at point blank range.

I think he deals 300-350 at close range (gotta check at shooting range) but the range at which he deals 1200 is ridiculous, if you check at shooting range the 1200 damage he deals at far range is way too far, even the targets at that range appear the size of bug on your screen. No map in Paladins (siege) has that far range without a hurdle (like a wall, pillar or a box) in between.

PTLagger
10-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Buck is OK, since last patch he was a weakest champs. This patch isn't buff him anything, just fix shotgun registration (same as Barik) help him easier to hit but don't make him OP because his atk still remain 550 (one of weakest normal attack and DPS in game). Buck is now balanced and he is not a real Flanker, his kit are mixed between Flanker (Leap) with Tanker (Recovery) (He used to be in Warrior role before which superior in 1v1 combat, since CB31 with the change of role, Hirez can't put him in any slot due his kit are mixed type, then they give Buck a Flanker title because he has a high mobility skill - Leap). He has advantage of sustain and 1v1 combat but very bad in 1v2 and even good aim a Cassie with Cauterize can 1v1 him easily. He has strong recovery but Cauterize is a hard counter to him. High HP but big hitbox mean easier to take dmg. Btw his too long reload is the thing that make him become the worst champion

GemZero
10-02-2016, 01:19 PM
OP: Bomb King is balanced. Being able to knock the enemy front liner off the map every few seconds is innovative.

Stopped reading at bomb king lol

Bomb king is very hard to play with.
Try too play with him and you will see he is balanced.