PDA

View Full Version : Ying needs her healing and health toned down

Ellezard
09-30-2016, 02:14 PM
She is just as hard, or even harder, than Pip to kill at the moment. Sure-kill scene? hahah no, just blink back to somewhere you used to summon your illusion and you're safe.

Your damagers needs to get Wrecker to deal with the shield.
Actually, you need Bulldozer to kill her clones or she will heal.
Actually, you also need Cautilize to deal with that 800/s regen that is applied to the lowest health without even having to do anythign yourself because the healer are aimbot.

Every Ying will heal like 50k-60k by average unless it's a stomp. This is dumb considered before this, the average I usually see is 30-35k at best. On a char that doesn't even have to aim or try to position herself to heal the team.

If she's going to be so good at healing and bursting squishies with some shatter set-up if they try to kill her, at least make killing her a viable choice to shut her healing down. Her health pool is just as high or even higher than the other supports and she will always have 2 clone set up.

If you shoot her clone, she runs and gets a free tick of healing from the aim bot clone.

If you shoot her, she get healed 800/s so even Evie will only deal like 400 damage against her and need about 5 shots to kill her, assuming she doesn't miss at all or blink away.

I had fun playing her but she's a killjoy to play against. Even Caut I isn't strong enough to deal with her. I had to get like Caut II if I ever want to think about doing some damage to her. Same applies when they try to kill me. If they don't have Caut II and I'm Ying, I will just run around like an idiot and still live.

They can go ahead and fix her Shatter AI bug later but no reason to do Shatter outside self-protect against a diving flanker when simply spawing 2 clones all the time will win the game anyway.

BDra
09-30-2016, 02:33 PM
Ying can only heal a lot if your team is to lazy to take out her low health clones.

Her heals are weak, but can be applied over a long time. But this can only be done if your team fails to do the simplest of tasks.

Ellezard
09-30-2016, 02:36 PM
It's low health until you pick the +400 health card and -2 sec on their death by enemies.

And set them near a wall so they're not killable without diving.

KicksBrickster
09-30-2016, 02:39 PM
She's pretty easily countered by anyone who has good mobility and knows to shoot at the illusions.

Keep in mind that if the illusions are healing someone they are easy to knock out, cos they won't attack you. On the other hand, she isn't healing if her illusions are chasing you. She also lacks a solid mobility skill, so high-damage AoE and mobility is very effective against her and her illusions.

She might be a little strong, but this can be easily rectified by just adjusting her damage numbers with her illusions.

Ellezard
09-30-2016, 02:49 PM
Her damage is fine.

Her braindead heal botter with a range nearly as big as her normal beam isn't. It's like, twice the healing totem range. You really do not have to try to heal people with her and she will still heal people back to full.

Unless the Ying constantly put her clones all the way at the front line, the enemy will have a hard time killing it due to damage bonus not applying to her clones so you need legit good damage source to deal with it with bulldozer.

But in this game, you also have a frontline with shield. If you get bulldozer for her clone, you can't easily kill her illusion or shut her healing. Like, in a 1 v 1 sure she will suck if you rush the bulldozer but in the game, there's just no room for it. Your damage needs to get wrecker to break shield and your flankers often need to get Morale boost as fast as possible unless it's an Evie. If you have a 3rd damager for the team, you "might" be able to have him get Bulldozer instead while your tank/support grabs Cautilize.

But just from talking about it, there's a big issue where you have to work as a whole team just to shut one character. Grover is the only special case where you really do need Cautilize to beat the constant healing (which isn't even that great). Grohk totem is so easy to destroy and has long cd + it's always dropped in front of him so you don't even need bulldozer. Ying is a special case where getting 50k healing per game is already normal even against team with bulldozer and Caut.

ANd on to Grover case, I can easily just shut him down with a Caut I because after that 700 heal, he's down to 56 hp regen/ sec. Ying still heals 280-560 per sec and since I don't have Bulldozer this time, it takes nearly 2 seconds to kill the clone. By then, she can already summon a new one. Only with Caut II can she be taken down reliably by the flanker.

Zeleen
09-30-2016, 03:10 PM
I agree she is WAY too easy to play for being so effective. I consistently heal 2 to 4 times more than any other healer all the while doing more damage than half the team, crazy amount of elims and dying 1-5 times tops. I mean I've had crazy 100k-150k healing games with Grover but that's me basically being all over the place and going full tryhard. The only way I can die as Ying is if my entire team died and I get zerged. Even then that's when I get sloppy or I improvise myself tank.

I think nobody wants to deal with her or constantly think she her illusions but I'm getting so overconfident with her that I'm the one chasing Androx and DPSers around fearlessly messing with their head and TP juking them. I don't even detonate much because it bugs out most of the time she doesn't even need shatter...

This waifu knows no fear... This has to stop X_X

EDIT: I hate fighting her too I feel like nobody ever dies since they brought her back things drag on much more. Of course this is all in casual play I guess Pip is still the real MVP in comp though. Having a blast toying with newbloods though ;)

EDIT 2: Well my epic winning streak is over now all my illusions are shattered about her! HAH! I just had to jinx myself ;)

Ellezard
09-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Decided to start messing around with Rewind.

Lmao, nothing feels better than to have the enemies try to so hard to kill your clones and as you blink around, you pop them all back at full health while summoning a new batch to reposition yourself over and over.

Especially with the clone healing you from like, from the capture point to wherever you're standing at because the range is stupidly long. They have a hardtime already hitting you and you're regaining 400 - 800 HP/Sec while dimension linking around with an extra shatter to kill people if required. The clone also constantly block the damage while at it.

Her health needs to go down to 2000 something and her healing down to 250/s/clone if they want to keep her with those cards and kit. You can just choose to never LMB with her and you will still outperform most people from just using the auto-aim abilities.

Best part is that top teams are now picking her as the solo or double support all the time. How lovely. She needs gutting. Expecting at least S tier with her.

FenexDragonis
09-30-2016, 07:19 PM
lol ying will never be balanced in her current form..... because most of her kit is relyant on her illusions...and if they nerf the illusions they restrict other abilitys in her kit... they reduce her healing... she ends up like grover.. as in the "why would i want to take ying/grover over ghrok or pip" as in good as a solo support.....

shes going to be stuck in this endless rubberbanding between over powered and total trash

KicksBrickster
09-30-2016, 07:24 PM
lol ying will never be balanced in her current form..... because most of her kit is relyant on her illusions...and if they nerf the illusions they restrict other abilitys in her kit... they reduce her healing... she ends up like grover.. as in the "why would i want to take ying/grover over ghrok or pip" as in good as a solo support.....

shes going to be stuck in this endless rubberbanding between over powered and total trash

All they have to do to effective nerf her is mess with the healing range and shatter damage of her illusions. Nothing else is impacted, and if Hi-Rez can finally show restraint she might be OK.