PDA

View Full Version : Remove Aggression from the game

Ellezard
09-30-2016, 02:01 PM
Until it is reworked to be nice, the item is just an instant death sentence to your winrate majority of the time.

The moment you pick up Aggresion, you will no longer be able to contribute real damgae to the team. You can't kill deployable instantly. You can't prevent healing from outhealing your damage. You can't break any shield by yourself anymore.

It needs to go.

TheZurreal
09-30-2016, 03:12 PM
I agree much

FatBlueDragon
09-30-2016, 03:42 PM
To put it simple: Agression can be countered with Blast Shield and Haven.

While Agression 1 adds 5% extra damage, the two shield Items 1 reduce the inflicted Damage by 10%.

So i guess: When you are dealing 105% damage to an enemy with a 10% resistance, so the enemy takes 90% damage, you actually deal 94,5% Damage to the enemy (1,05*0,9=0,945).

Haven and Blast Shield 1 actually overruns Agression 1, which doesn't mean, that those 2 Items are Op because you still have to decide, which kind of damage you want to reduce, blast damage or direct damage.

Ps: i accidently misread your post... sorreh

Qtxo
09-30-2016, 03:48 PM
Agree.

Why take the 5% increase when they have an instant 10% decrease.

Ellezard
09-30-2016, 03:56 PM
I disagree :rolleyes:

To put it simple: Agression can be countered with Blast Shield and Haven.

While Agression 1 adds 5% extra damage, the two shield Items 1 reduce the inflicted Damage by 10%.

So i guess: When you are dealing 105% damage to an enemy with a 10% resistance, so the enemy takes 90% damage, you actually deal 94,5% Damage to the enemy (1,05*0,9=0,945).

Haven and Blast Shield 1 actually overruns Agression 1, which doesn't mean, that those 2 Items are Op because you still have to decide, which kind of damage you want to reduce, blast damage or direct damage.

Aggression cost more than Wrecker/Caut.

Let's say your DPS is 1000.

If someone pops a shield and you hit. With Aggression, you deal 1050 damage. With Wrecker, you deal 1500 damage. Every hit on a shield is worth 10 extra hits from aggression.

Same goes to healing. Let's use Ying for easy example. She heals 800/s easily. With aggression, you deal 1050 = 250 damage per sec. With Cautilize, you reduce the healing down to 560 = 440 per sec.

This gap is even bigger as we rank those up.

So for every 1 second worth of shooting with Wrecker/Cautilize, you need to shoot for 6-10 seconds.

Aggression sucks,

BDra
09-30-2016, 04:03 PM
All Items need to be looked at, it is just imbalanced the way it is.

Metapusher
09-30-2016, 04:11 PM
The problem with your point is that you are assuming that the enemy will get Haven every match. A smart team composition can work around and abuse that. I'm not disputing the fact that Haven directly counters Aggression, just the point that it is useless.

Here's a situation where an Aggression pickup would be good.
You're playing Kinessa alongside a Drogoz and Evie.
You could go for a Wrecker/Cauterize/Bulldozer but instead you go Aggression. This forces the enemy team to choose between Haven, where they can handle your damage, or Blast Shield which can handle your other two.

This same logic could potentially be applied to any of the hitscan champions but imo only Cassie and Kinessa can justify it. Maybe Victor if there's no opposing shield for some reason

Ellezard
09-30-2016, 04:26 PM
The problem with your point is that you are assuming that the enemy will get Haven every match. A smart team composition can work around and abuse that. I'm not disputing the fact that Haven directly counters Aggression, just the point that it is useless.

Here's a situation where an Aggression pickup would be good.
You're playing Kinessa alongside a Drogoz and Evie.
You could go for a Wrecker/Cauterize/Bulldozer but instead you go Aggression. This forces the enemy team to choose between Haven, where they can handle your damage, or Blast Shield which can handle your other two.

This same logic could potentially be applied to any of the hitscan champions but imo only Cassie and Kinessa can justify it. Maybe Victor if there's no opposing shield for some reason

5% dmage barely makes it good even on CAssie or Kinessa. The only time 5% damage bonus is ever effective, is that you're a Kinessa headshotting a Skye who will die to the extra 5%. THat's the only case that it will ever be effective. In every other cases, Deft head is better since it reduces the reload dps loss. Even if you deal 5% more damage, when does Cassie really kill with that extra damage? If it takes 3 shots to kill someone, that 5% won't reduce it.

MiuiKy
09-30-2016, 05:45 PM
Agreed INDEED!
Why pick Aggression anyways? Wrecker and Cauterize are way more usefull.. And even if you go full DPS with, let's say, Viktor, Defty Hands still WAY better! I used to think Aggression was good on Kinessa since she has highest shot damage but it was just a useless waste.. Again, go Defty Hands..

Oinegue
09-30-2016, 07:07 PM
if Hi-Rez buffs Aggression to 7.5% per rank, it would be perfectly balanced... maybe?

Ellezard
09-30-2016, 07:19 PM
if Hi-Rez buffs Aggression to 7.5% per rank, it would be perfectly balanced... maybe?

Even at 7.5%, it sucks. Even at 10%, it sucks because 10% reduction will still beat aggression damage. 110% damage -> 10% down = 99%.

That and concept like Aggression should never exists. It means anything with huge damage should always get it to deal damage and in the end, they will be forced to choose to either nerf Aggression or the one using it.

It should be removed and worked. A flat unconditional damage boost in general is bad to have and work with. They completely removed it from the cards like Pip extra damage while in weightless. They shouldn't try to bring it back into the game.

Instead, I won't mind if they try to do something like "Every 15/10/5 seconds, your next shot slows the enemy by 30% for 1 seconds". Such concept will be useful for the team and will even allow the resilence card to have its uses again. Sure the slow might suck but they can change it later.

Kadurkel
09-30-2016, 09:32 PM
It needs a rework.

Maybe an execute mechanic that you deal 10% more damage on targets below 20% max health?

Ellezard
09-30-2016, 09:54 PM
It needs a rework.

Maybe an execute mechanic that you deal 10% more damage on targets below 20% max health?

Then that's useless because the most it will take is 2% of something health from someone.

However, if it has a scaling 0 - 15% mechanic, 3% every 5% missing health then it might be good.

Silbergeist
09-30-2016, 10:08 PM
Aggression should be the option to go to an all around damage buff. They have shields, deployables and heals, so I'll take aggression as it's more universal, and also contributes to overall DPS. But as it is now, it's pretty underwhelming, only some characters, like Kinessa, can actually get a good bonus from it.

MagicFighter
09-30-2016, 10:09 PM
I agree to this.