PDA

View Full Version : Pip OP AF

QQmore
09-30-2016, 06:00 AM
- best dmg as support, he can even beat dd's in dmg very easy
- best evade skill, you need good aim to hit him but he can keep attacking you very easy
- easy heal low cd
- mass slow low cd

Demonbane
09-30-2016, 06:45 AM
He is squishy anyways when you flank him, If you have problems with his heal get castrate. Flankers/damagers can easily kill him since weightless is not so fast, you need to jump out to runaway. His fast heal is what define pip anyways so it's alright. But yeah could be OP with right cards and if you catch explosive flask and left clicks.

Silbergeist
09-30-2016, 06:51 AM
He's not so squishy, he actually has 2500 health, unless it was nerfed this last patch and I don't know.

Zeleen
09-30-2016, 08:18 AM
I find him much less obnoxious to deal with than Ying tbh and her escape is more snappy/reliable and she heals MUCH more than Pip... Like, considerably more. Good players will kill you regardless of weightless if you're cheeky too whereas Ying can mess with people's mind and get away easily. I can see why Pip would still be gangsta healer number 1 in comp but he's not "OP AF".

LascarCapable
09-30-2016, 12:44 PM
Pip best support DMG, you're kidding ? He can only throw one 600 damage potion every 1 second. That's 600 DPS at best. He's just easy to play with a lot of self sustain and survivability.

Jusey1
09-30-2016, 01:11 PM
No, he's not.

Dethmonger
09-30-2016, 02:40 PM
I love Pip, but that's 600 damage, in a huge aoe every second. That's how he has the highest support damage. Just look at Pip's damage after each match, it will be higher then alot of damage classes.

GhostStage
09-30-2016, 03:45 PM
He is squishy anyways when you flank him, If you have problems with his heal get castrate. Flankers/damagers can easily kill him since weightless is not so fast, you need to jump out to runaway. His fast heal is what define pip anyways so it's alright. But yeah could be OP with right cards and if you catch explosive flask and left clicks.

I believe you mean Cauterize. Castrate means something completely different...

ToxicSquiid
09-30-2016, 03:45 PM
Want to kill Pip? Get the upper ground. Drogoz is the perfect counter for Pip, so long as he is accurate.

Jusey1
09-30-2016, 04:27 PM
Want to kill Pip? Get the upper ground. Drogoz is the perfect counter for Pip, so long as he is accurate.

Depends on the Pip's skills. People says the same thing about any arcing based classes (Demoman, Junkrat, etc) but that same person can be good enough to aim upward with their weapons as well. I've personally noticed that a lot of my time with Demoman has helped me while playing as Pip.

Kadurkel
09-30-2016, 06:39 PM
The 50% slow every 4 seconds is literally the problem. Nerf that to 10-15 seconds and Pip is probably perfect.

daggerW
09-30-2016, 06:43 PM
Not even a problem. Squishy meat with no good escapes. Sky literalll rapes him

Jusey1
09-30-2016, 09:58 PM
Not even a problem. Squishy meat with no good escapes. Sky literalll rapes him

Not really.

DragonKing44
10-01-2016, 12:38 PM
Sorry in advance for long text. As a pure support player with a pinch of tank i feel that pip is perfect the way he is right now. He is a great support/healer good heal with good DPS kinda squishy when dealing with popular chooses skye,victor,androxis,archer,sniper(cant remember their names atm) and on occasions bomb king and evie. It all comes down to an individuals personal skill with their chosen character and that of their opponents. There has been many games where i would wreck havoc on the opposing team and vise versa. This games seems to have a slight one sided curve it is either u get a good team or a crap team with a mix of balanced teams where it is neck to neck all game.

XiaoJyunSLO
10-01-2016, 07:36 PM
he has 600 DPS AOE....

grohk has 850 DPS laser (85 dmg every 0.1 sec) and can fir 7.5 seconds without reloading

ying has 820 damage bursts from mirror (which are also done during 1 sec i believe)

also pip is combat support....he is the worst support when it comes to sustaining his team since he only has healing potion which is 1k burst heal that cannot be improved (nd doesnt help heal the likes of fernando)

I do feel he is better than buck at flanking though...with the utility of being ably to support team a bit and better ult

Infinitesimally
10-01-2016, 07:40 PM
I must agree to this, Pip's ability arsenal is too conventional making him the best utility support in the game. He can leap, shoot a huge amount of damage with his potion gun and hexing enemy players to disable them. Although, he has a low HP; there must be some beefy tank (i.e Fernando or Makoa) to still make way for Pip to wreck havoc on the enemy team.

I'm suggesting a damage nerf on his potion gun and leap duration.

Mundal
10-02-2016, 12:19 PM
- best dmg as support, he can even beat dd's in dmg very easy
- best evade skill, you need good aim to hit him but he can keep attacking you very easy
- easy heal low cd
- mass slow low cd

My problem with pip exactly, its really hard to kill him with that weightless maneuver, 600dmg (also has aoe), and his secondry flask has massive aoe and can heal self out of trouble. Supports should be support and not DD and healers at the same time.

Jusey1
10-02-2016, 01:40 PM
My problem with pip exactly, its really hard to kill him with that weightless maneuver, 600dmg (also has aoe), and his secondry flask has massive aoe and can heal self out of trouble. Supports should be support and not DD and healers at the same time.

You guys do realize that Pip's damage is really weak overall and even weaker compared to the other Supports' damage. On top of having weaker healing abilities, and the AOE effect is less damage away from the explosion. For max damage, he has to directly hit people every second... Which isn't always going to happen.

Mundal
10-02-2016, 04:35 PM
You guys do realize that Pip's damage is really weak overall and even weaker compared to the other Supports' damage. On top of having weaker healing abilities, and the AOE effect is less damage away from the explosion. For max damage, he has to directly hit people every second... Which isn't always going to happen.

Pip's primary doesn't have fall-off so he basically can deal damage from a distance (when everyone is trying to cap all you have to do is aim at the crowd), his primary landing at the targets feet deals nearly 300 dmg and heal other players by throwing healing potion at them while healing 30% (maximum of 120%) of it there is a card for that. I've seen a lot of Pips taking a higher ground spamming their primary and healing potion from above and when confronted they use weightlessness to dash out of tough situations. What a nuisance.

DocteurStup
10-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Frankly, Ying is superior to Pip in every way, damage, healing and even mobility. Pip's health pots are really underwhelming

Jusey1
10-02-2016, 08:35 PM
What a nuisance.

Any of the champions can be a nuisance if they're played by someone who knows what they're doing, and again. Pip having no fall-off honestly makes sense due to how his damage work. He's basically a weaker version of the Demoknight from TF2, except he can heal. Demo's grenade pills and Pip's pills both don't have damage fall-off, and both are arching based projectiles so you can quite a bit of aim to properly hit people, especially the further they are.

Demoknight version of Demoman (Grenade launcher + shield) has fast mobility to get in or out of combat. So does Pip (Weightless).

If you've played TF2 and experienced these types of Demos, then Pip shouldn't be a real problem. Possibly an annoyance, but not really a problem unless they are really good as the class.

Jusey1
10-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Frankly, Ying is superior to Pip in every way, damage, healing and even mobility. Pip's health pots are really underwhelming

Not really. Different playstyles and such. Plus Ying's mobility can also get her killed. I've seen it happened.

Mundal
10-03-2016, 02:38 AM
except he can heal.

That's the issue right there, you can't just say that and get away with it also TF2 doesn't have ultra system so demoknight kinda loses here.

Self+allies heal (from a distance or close range) = increase team and self survivability and deal damage which recharges ultra faster. His AoE for slowdown flask is pretty good considering the fact that at shooting range if thrown at Ying can have effect on Fernando and Skye. Also why does pip has 2500 hp, same as that of BK and more than that of Drogoz who are damage class. Grokh has 2700 but his traversal pretty weak compared to Pip's and he needs to deploy totem near teammates to heal them also his weapon range has a limit and damage fall off. Grover deals less damage at close range also his crippling axe affects one enemy at a time (correct me if i am wrong). So his high health is justified but how high ? its just 400 more than Pip. I can't comment on Ying since i haven't played her yet.

Idk when was the last time you played tf2 but they nerfed demoknight, his caber, half zatoichi, removed burn DoT immunity from chargin targe, reduced explosive damage resistance, charge based melee damage output, shield impact now deals damage scaled by amount of distance charged. So Pip is anything but a weak version of demoknight. I have almost 4K hours on Tf2, can play any class and i main demo. Find me on Skial db, la and eu or nemu 32-players, i used to play on other maps too, hightower, 2fort, turbine, upward, badwater but ever since they started that cancerous fast respawn i only play db.