PDA

View Full Version : [Ying] Shatter damage card

HyperioN7
09-30-2016, 02:20 AM
Hey, I have been playing Paladins since the Ying release . I loved so much the champ because her playstyle and after a break I got again into the game but now I see that Ying is a support wich really worried me for a moment. I didn't want to play a boring no damage healer character but the good thing is that she got some damage. I don't know if it is only my personal point of view or anything but you should add an option to play Ying as a damage dealer not only as a support, and by that I mean that you should add a new card for her to buff the shatter damage something like 25/50/75/100 bonus shatter damage so if the both clones will hit with the tier 4 of that card they will deal 1200 damage wich is a nice amount of damage taking in consideration that you can destroy those clones pretty easy. But, I like the new Ying since I can still hard carry games with her, so keep up the good work! :P

P.S. Don't listen those "Nerf Ying" rage posts. I mean she is balanced since she can die easily and there are some defense and offense cards to counter her hard so it's pretty ok at this moment.
P.P.S. I'm not a native english speaker so excuse me for my errors. And move this to Card Conceptions, I didn't notice there is a category for that :P

MotorKnight
09-30-2016, 02:36 AM
People said that shes OP, because of the amount of dmg of the clones, its true that she isnt unbalanced at all, btw its not about if you can destroy them easily, because you can cast them easily and fast too.
So yeah, im not sure if i will like to be wasting my damage and time hitting something that will be there eventually.
Or what if im trying to kill it and then Ying explode them before i kill it.
It will be wiser to kill Ying ASAP, because = kill + no healer + 1 less enemy teammate
I asume that most of the people die when chasing Ying, because she has her clones close to her

KicksBrickster
09-30-2016, 04:44 AM
Any purely damage cards are not a good idea. If we are going with combat cards, it should be based on utility and CC, not numbers. They used to have damage-boosting cards, but the issue was certain champions could stack them to deal huge damage numbers (like Kinessa with 2000 against Fernando).

Ying may be a touch OP, though definitely just a touch. They do need to fix her illusions' AI, but maybe notch the damage they deal down just a tiny bit (450).

HyperioN7
09-30-2016, 09:34 AM
I don't agree with lowering her damage to 450 since she had that at a point where she was so underpowered (the reason i took a break from playing her).. It was in the marksmen category period. They did a good thing to buff the shatter damage. Back when she was released there was a card buffing her Shatter damage tho. But I'm talking here only for an option to play her more as a damage dealer or as a flanker with burst damage,not as a support.

DragonKing44
10-01-2016, 01:02 PM
it is quite easy to counter a ying player sure she has good sustain but if u slap one or 2 reduced healing cards she gets weak real fast that 400-800 per sec goes down to 200-400 which would be the same as grover/pip and most of the time her illusions are dead b4 they can heal for more that 1-4sec i have been able to kill ying with buck and other underused characters quite a few times b/c with out her healing over time and illusions she is VERY squishy.

BDra
10-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Any purely damage cards are not a good idea. If we are going with combat cards, it should be based on utility and CC, not numbers. They used to have damage-boosting cards, but the issue was certain champions could stack them to deal huge damage numbers (like Kinessa with 2000 against Fernando).

Ying may be a touch OP, though definitely just a touch. They do need to fix her illusions' AI, but maybe notch the damage they deal down just a tiny bit (450).

Lowering her damage is fine but not much and if so, I'd like to see her slow back on successful Shatter. Besides that her health is a bit to high, she should be Cassie level health.

Oh and her healing numbers are: 400 every 1.4 seconds per clone, not per second.

Now I'm wondering if the damage time is the same as before, because that used to be over 0.5s every 0.7s, so before her damage would be every 1.2s. Ok, I checked it and the damage time is still the same.

Caelestis
10-01-2016, 03:45 PM
it's like mesmer in gw2 , very intricate . in skillful hands it clearly broken . you can easymode 1v1 anyone , then move to next . but i haven't meet anyone who do such crazy stuff with her . if not , then your best friend will be skye from enemy team , always hugging you