PDA

View Full Version : Ruckus is pretty bad

WaffleDestroyer
09-29-2016, 09:47 AM
Ignore This comment, moderation error.

~Magic

DerikIsStupid
09-29-2016, 11:03 AM
I swear every time a ruckus is on the enemy team with either a grover or a ying its game over
Ruckus being a heavy hitting high hp hero is hard enough to kill him but on top of that he has the penetrate card wich allows him to obliterate champs like fernando barik or makoa and the Shield card wich more of once i tick a ruckus to low hp and then he ends up winning due to the giant shield he puts on himself

worst part is he got buffed this update not nerfed

Nehara
09-29-2016, 12:07 PM
I'm not really sure where the people complaining are coming from, if anything Ruckus feels extremely strong right now. I've noticed a lot of players running strange card setups that don't synergize, which might be part of the problem.
Getting Nanotech, Warden, Heat Diffuser and Alternator gives him huge sustain, you can just alternate between using his 2 shields, healing through a large amount of damage while dealing far more than any other fronliner.
I also don't see the lack of mobility at all either, 2x Advance is easily enough to retreat and LoS everyone shooting at you or chase down flankers who overextended trying to kill teammates behind you. With his Repulsor not being affected by Wrecker and his ridiculous damage he is also less countered by Wrecker spam than other frontliners. I'm not even going to go into the obvious stuff like hitscan minigun headshots or how ridiculous his 50% team-wide shield is.
Also, it's possible to tapfire to keep miniguns spun up while barely consuming ammo.

Jusey1
09-29-2016, 12:39 PM
He's basically the Paladins version of the Heavy... Can be deadly, but due to restrictions, he becomes the enemy team's toy and get destroyed almost instantly, without proper support backing him up.

Oinegue
09-29-2016, 05:13 PM
mind sharing your card setup? I dont really buy cards yet (got 50k saved up and all champions unlocked, most at lv5) and the biggest pain for me has been trying to get ruckus to lv5 and having some joy out of it (11 of 16 chars are lv5 and I ve anaged to find decent playstyles with most)....ruckus just seems trash without anyone to shield you, does well on point with barik or fernando shielding, but otherwise he seems like a guy that does good damage at clsoe but has no survivability or mobility....F is just pathetic and is useless as a from of escape, and barely viable as chase mechanic....also it seems the Q activation resets your miniguns rate of fire, my ruckus is like lv2 or so and I ve bee mostly losing games as him, granted I dont enjoy frontlines but I ve not had trouble with fernando and I do enjoy makoa a lot thoguh its still low level (I actualy pick makoa when i get sick of trying to level ruckus)

just use the import feature in the ruckus' loadout screen to see mine

Qtxo
09-29-2016, 05:32 PM
Personally think this guy is an absolute beast. Unparalleled damage for a tank, insane survivability and with his dash he's hardly 'immobile'.

Plus, that ult, GG.

Get yourself a good healer and stomp with him.

Chofranc
09-29-2016, 05:51 PM
You or your teammates are picking the wrong burn cards dude, you can kill them if you have cauterize, that's how you counter supports, that why you think that rukus is immortal.

You can counter rukus with wrecker too.

Raviollius
09-29-2016, 05:55 PM
With his Repulsor not being affected by Wrecker
Are you sure about this?

Chofranc
09-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Lol, every champ even the other frontliners can be melted in seconds, if your frontliner die while doing his job is the fault of your supporter/damage dealer teammates that don't do their jobs, frontliners in this game aren't an infinite bullet sponge.

Rukus is fine as it is, if you are going to enter into the "danger zone" you must save your Escape ability to run if you need to.

Nehara
09-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Are you sure about this?

Pretty sure, I mean the ability doesn't generate a shield that can be damaged by Wrecker, it just reduces all incoming damage in half. Also, if Wrecker worked on it, you'd be dealing 200% damage against anyone under Repulsor if you have Wrecker 3, and that isn't the case.

Raviollius
09-29-2016, 06:07 PM
I swear every time a ruckus is on the enemy team with either a grover or a ying its game over
Ruckus being a heavy hitting high hp hero is hard enough to kill him but on top of that he has the penetrate card wich allows him to obliterate champs like fernando barik or makoa and the Shield card wich more of once i tick a ruckus to low hp and then he ends up winning due to the giant shield he puts on himself

worst part is he got buffed this update not nerfed
Your picture is of Fernando, so I guess you main him or something.

Face him head on with wrecker card and a support of your own if possible. Don't raise your shield, charge him for 1k selfshield+ some damage on him and start strafing while you burn him with your flamethrower. Your weapon causes damage in AoE, so strafe around him until Ruckus is between you and his support. Then fireball both - it'll reduce healing taken by Ruckus, and his support will take 900 damage. If you see you'll lose, charge behind a wall for another 1k selfshield/rightclick to pull your own shield up while you retreat. The shield lasts longer than the charge's CD, so you can use it twice during it. Let Veteran heal you to full.

If his support gets low, charge and kill it ASAP. If Ruckus start aiming for your teamates, pop shield early. Rinse, repeat.

bL1nk94
09-29-2016, 06:19 PM
Ruckus+Fernando, even with no support can hold a point for almost 30 seconds under constant fire from 5 people, given that they move a bit and have the right cards :)

newhek
09-29-2016, 06:20 PM
Hahaha, we should combine this thread to this one : http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13437-Ruckus-the-Undying (Ruckus The Undying"http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13437-Ruckus-the-Undying")

MagicFighter
09-29-2016, 09:13 PM
Hahaha, we should combine this thread to this one : http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13437-Ruckus-the-Undying (Ruckus The Undying"http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13437-Ruckus-the-Undying")

You made me do a bad. >.>