PDA

View Full Version : Can we have Lobby chat always open when hero picking?

Codzilla
09-29-2016, 04:55 AM
This is something that I think is crucial. Being able to communicate to your team when team composition is happening is a must. At the moment the lobby chat is closed and, ok, yes it alerts you that some chat is going down. But that's not sufficient. Can we have it that lobby chat is always open when hero picking.

Zeleen
09-29-2016, 05:08 AM
Yes +1

It needs to stay open from picking through victory screen and scoreboard. Furthermore, I would want a regional chat on menu but I guess that's accessory.

iVaxirus
09-29-2016, 05:42 AM
I suggest adding a push to talk function :p
It'll save alot of communication time.
But then again there will always be the problem where some mics will make your eardrums cry.

Lavtekk
09-29-2016, 06:34 AM
+1

Lots of times people do not notice that you said something on the chat, and they just pick whatever they want, instead of what we actually need.

rashadA17
09-30-2016, 04:57 AM
i agree with you, there is nothing better than the shame "gg" after the match ends.
chat window during the champion picking and after the match is very necessary.

rashadA17
09-30-2016, 04:58 AM
yea there is already a mute button, so those crying kids or barking dogs wont be that much of a problem :D

KingMOECCHI
09-30-2016, 09:11 AM
yeah i agree with you, bcs most people didnt notice the chat notification and pick their hero straight away. the chat should be always visible when picking phase.

chill1208
09-30-2016, 09:22 AM
I made a post yesterday about the same thing here http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13461-Lobby-Chat-Should-Not-Be-Minimized-Automatically

Here's what I said and one of the better reccomendations from it.

Sometimes I want to make suggestions for the coming game, or discuss our team build in the lobby. However, unless someone brings the lobby chat up from being minimized, they'll never see whats being said. I don't understand why the lobby chat isn't just there in a window at the bottom of the screen; like almost every 5v5 game out there. Also 2-3 lines of in game chat should show up in the corner of the HUD at all times. Somewhere it wouldn't be distracting and make it a little opaque. It's irritating that I have to waste what could be precious time to bring up the chat, if I want to see what's being said. Since the only way to view the chat now, is to press enter, and stop controlling your character to type a message. It should just be there at all times. Especially since Voicepacks now cost gold, and Curse voice chat hasn't been integrated into the game yet; like it is in smite. The only way you can tell who's saying what is to bring up the chat and I just don't see how that's a good system. Having the option to minimize the chat I could understand but it shouldn't start off minimized.

At least we have an extensive VGS in game to herd the flock but pre and post game chat when actual communication can take place feels very %$#$ blocky.

Make smaller, auto hide and enabled by default.

Exactly make the chat enabled by default, give players the option to have it minimized or in a window in the corner when they enter a games lobby. It shouldn't be minimized by default. They just have to make the chat box a little shorter and a little longer so it isn't covering anything up. Also the auto hide is a good idea the box could fade away after 5-10 seconds when no comments are made.

Everyone who agrees with this at the top of the thread there's an option above the OP that says "Rate This Thread" please give this post and mine linked above a good rating if you agree