PDA

View Full Version : Grover Feedback.

Qtxo
09-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Hi all,

I'm new here (like, very new) and I'm currently working on hitting the requirements to get into Ranked. I am a support main on all other similar games at a high ranking, so when I saw the Support section I was instantly excited.

However, I have been playing Skye, Fernando and now started locking Grover when I see we have a tank (so I know it's not going to be ridiculously difficult to support). However, I find his AoE heal range incredibly small, and lacks any real 'umph'. Furthermore, the Q range is pretty short too and needs a team tightly grouped for effect.

Now, I assume he is played competitively with a coordinated team, but in solo queue I feel like he's really lacklustre.

What do you guys think? :)

VarenWolf
09-28-2016, 01:44 PM
Well solo, yes, but this is where cards come into effect, because with certain cards he can support really well.

Kivatiii
09-29-2016, 02:33 PM
grover needs his axe power decreased i play kinessa and usually can be 1 shotted by it. beyond that its the only issue

Raviollius
09-29-2016, 02:37 PM
I think you need that +40% healing AoE card.

yifflord
09-29-2016, 02:42 PM
grover needs his axe power decreased i play kinessa and usually can be 1 shotted by it. beyond that its the only issue

no you cant

PureIAutism
09-30-2016, 09:02 AM

Grover's axe does a max of 1200 damage, ive yet to find a spot in any map which allows this to be used practically as you need a long distance to get this kind of damage, further more, hitting someone at this range is usually luck, i have done 1050 dmg with grover before and it hit a kinessa at half hp resulting in an insta kill but this is rare. If you cant dodge probably the second slowest moving projectile in the game at extreme distances i think the issue is not with grover.

astroASMR
01-29-2017, 01:11 AM
i say F.U to the morons who decided during changes within an update to buff grover
what the flying F*CK is wrong with the thought process of the devs when deciding to nerf and buff characters? grover can deal damage like a 'damage character' and you decided to give him 3k hp?? i was playing as tyra on the 'stone keep' map

as tyra I feel I have an advantage on this map for some reason, despite how sh*t she is (why pick her then? i love spamming bullets and grenade launching people) but in this particular battle I was in, her weaknesses shine like hell. I couldn't run away from torvald as tyra has no escape move so its constant dps and guaranteed death, what am i suppose to do? shoot a guy that has 3k hp AND shield?

RELEVANT PART OF THE TOPIC
THEN I was shooting down from a balcony and grover flies up into my face, doesn't need to take the staircase his instantly in my face, and like androxus obnoxiously throws singular attacks one by one that deal damage but automatic shots from my rifle don't stack enough to matter, especially against a 3k HP character that can heal.

tyra is so slow, i couldn't even outrun a ruckus that wasn't satisfied until i died and all I wanted was a place to heal up, and no this wasn't a location in the map where you have constant sight of an enemy, i twisted and turned through the castle and he still followed and kill me. Yeah i can shoot back, but on a tank?? tyra is a useless damage character. If you're gonna create a character with massive recoil increase her damage dramatically, and her ult? haha i can't even punch through torvald at max shield, useless ult, great frag stealing method tho

Stephanos23
01-29-2017, 01:50 AM
That the thing with support champions, its more healing or more damage, you trade one for the other. With grover, the increased damage from range, passive healing and the healing ability, it seems fair. Same story with the other champions; ying has a low DPS but more healing; grohk and mal'damba are somewhere in the middle, decent damage and healing; pip has high mobility and crowd control with good damage, but needs to have clear view of allies to launch healing potion and good aim, something in the way or someone could block the potion.

Yellow96
01-29-2017, 09:07 AM
That the thing with support champions, its more healing or more damage, you trade one for the other. With grover, the increased damage from range, passive healing and the healing ability, it seems fair. Same story with the other champions; ying has a low DPS but more healing; grohk and mal'damba are somewhere in the middle, decent damage and healing; pip has high mobility and crowd control with good damage, but needs to have clear view of allies to launch healing potion and good aim, something in the way or someone could block the potion.

I completely agree. At the beginning I couldn't heal well with Grover, but using him (or it..) I learned that you must "wait" for the right moment before using the Q ability, I learned you can stay a bit behinde making use of the "distance damage" and rapidly go in with F for healing your teammates in the mid, then return back. I learned you mustn't focus mid targets (if not low) but backline spotting targets like a Kinessa, a Sha Lin, also a Cassie and especially Drogoz in air. Grover has also a lot of health, it could be considered a "semi-tank" and if you consider his healing it is properly an "healing tank".

I find him absolutely fair, you must only learn a bit more about him ;)