PDA

View Full Version : Paladins causes connection drops/router restart?

Sobx
09-27-2016, 07:45 PM
One day I can play this game without any problems, the other just after loading the game (game stops at loading screen, but I can hear the sound of game starting and if I'm alt-tabbed there's a little pop-up at lower right corner that informs about game starting) I lose connection to the internet. Scanned for malware, tried restarting router (including turning it off for few minutes), turned off UPnP, flushdns, restarted pc... Nothing helps and the issue seems to be pretty random. I can get those DCs in few games in a row and then slightly later the same day there's no problem with the game whatsoever.
The whole thing is even worse because I guess I'm joining the game and then it might count it as a "leave" and as a result might punish me as a leaver when it's not exactly my fault.
Also this problem is related ONLY to paladins game. Literally never had this issue while playing other online games like LoL, TF2, GW2, HS, Duelyst etc.

What can be the issue here? And more importantly how to solve it?

Sobx
09-27-2016, 08:34 PM
For example I just (about 2 hours later?) joined the match without restarting anything or even trying to fix it. Might it be somehow related to number of players (but how would that influence my laptop or router to drop the connection?), is anybody even experiencing similar thing or is it just me?

/Sorry about double posting, but that's just a small update

Symps
09-27-2016, 09:03 PM
I can't see Paladins dropping your connection for any reason other than eating what little bandwidth you have left when putting you into a match. Even that's pretty doubtful.. you'd need basically a dial up connection. Especially with other games being fine for you. That's an odd one for sure. Could check your modems firewall / utility settings... Can't really think of much being related to Paladins.

Sobx
09-28-2016, 07:00 PM
Yup, this is pretty weird. I don't think it's about weak internet (even though I do have a slow one :p), because I just connected to my phone's hotspot (which is slower than my wifi) and could play the whole game without any problem. Changed back to wifi aaaand connection drop right when the match loads (match start notification pops up, but the the game is stuck on loading screen).

Googled a bit and there seem to be cases like this for other games too like wow/d3 (http://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20745225261), some hi-rez games (tribes, smite (http://forums.smitegame.com/archive/index.php?t-3365.html)) and others. But can't see any solution in those threads...

zSplash
10-02-2016, 04:03 AM
i have the same problem my net always dies when im on loading screen. and sometimes it doesnt... i sent a ticket on support . no reply yet... im preety sure its paladins fault because when i was trying to reconnect on game my net was restarting over and over 5 times in a row....

Sobx
10-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Yeah sadly they were not able to solve my problem yet too. If you find any way to fix it, please let me know in this thread or pm? :p
This is also pretty much the only reason I didn't get founder's pack. I like the game and I'd gladly support it, but I can't even play it...

Sobx
10-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Could play for a few days (including today about 4h ago) without a single issue. Aaaaand now the problem is back, started the game, connection dropped during match loading screen. I don't understand it at all.

Edit: aaaand it works again, nvm. :d

mvsoldier
12-16-2016, 10:33 AM
how did you solve it my friend has the same issue his complete connections dies in the loading screen, we were only able to play one game @Sobx

Mexdragon
12-16-2016, 11:42 AM
mvsoldier, is someone streaming netflix or something while you are playing?