PDA

View Full Version : Ranked system & requirements

d0nny
09-27-2016, 05:56 AM
Hello,

I played like 50 ranked games yet in total. I know that this is the first ranked version and we are still in beta, that is why i would like to add the following suggestions:

- Increase the minimum level for the 12 champions from level 4 to level 8

Way too many bad players in ranked games, way too many level 4 champion picks, casual matches are more balanced than ranked games as of right now.

- Is the pickorder random?

Way too many unexperienced players out there, i have seen way too many kinessa / skye first picks with less than 10k dmg in a 20minutes game.

- Is the ranked system aiming for any kind of balancing the matches at all?

I have witnessed so many unbalanced matches yet, it is not even a little bit funny.
Played with "randoms" against 3 players of d69, against 5 decent players with 2 really new players on my side and so on. Of course i was not only playing against op teams, i was in them aswell.
It is just no fun for both sides.

- Draftmode with bans would be very nice, just like in smite.

Ranked right now feels like : REK or GET REKT - out of 50 games there may have been 5 really close, balanced, nice & thrilling matches.

Once again, i know that this is the first version of ranked in paladins and i am looking forward to see improvements to it with the coming patches :)

Terobero
09-27-2016, 06:03 AM
8 level for 12 class seems too much.

d0nny
09-27-2016, 06:21 AM
what is the deal with gaining some experience and not playing a game for 1 week, barely achieve the minimum ranked requirements and ruining games?

Sheepscuit
09-27-2016, 06:24 AM
Well surely once the system is fleshed out and there's a lot of players, then the newbies will be at the bottom, playing each other and the better/more experienced players will be higher up the ranks and playing each other, surely?

Zenatsu
09-27-2016, 07:32 AM
I dont feel like there's any matching right now..it's pretty much like casual just with people who played more time. So the same players in casual will be in comp and they're the same skill level as well.

Comp right now is solo queue with a muchhh slower queue times and the silly drafting time which makes getting a match really tedious compared to Casual.

There's not enough players for any matchmaker to work properly the daily 20k is nothing and peak times it where the servers usually die right now so it's still far from having any real Comp matches.

And why no team queue in Competitive? where it's the only play that should encourage and push it. Why allow big groups in casual? 2-3 fine it's just friends who want to play together but 5 is already a team who's just looking for rolls..

Lokthey
09-27-2016, 10:20 AM
Agree... 8 levels is far too much.

4 levels is already borderline. The ones not playing properly are still not gonna play properly at lvl 8. Figure this out: Today I had a casual where a lvl 8 pip was just sitting doing absolutely nothing. 0 eliminations, 11 deaths and 930 heal. Following your rule, he's more apt to play competitive than I am (at lvl 4). I don't think so...

Albert2006xp
09-28-2016, 01:04 PM
Levels won't do much, what they need is actually incorporating how well you did in a match into your matchmaking rating. It takes too long for those terrible players to drop and the early competitive games feel like a dice roll more than anything. Like I want to go play League solo queue to relax, that's how bad this game is in competitive.

Lokthey
09-28-2016, 04:00 PM
Levels won't do much, what they need is actually incorporating how well you did in a match into your matchmaking rating. It takes too long for those terrible players to drop and the early competitive games feel like a dice roll more than anything. Like I want to go play League solo queue to relax, that's how bad this game is in competitive.

Is not worse than Overwatch competitive, that much I can say...

QQmore
09-28-2016, 10:21 PM
this game has the worst mm system I've ever seen, teams and pick order are a goddamn lottery with no sense

Fazhar
09-29-2016, 02:50 AM
this game has the worst mm system I've ever seen, teams and pick order are a goddamn lottery with no sense
So you obviously never played Paragon :D

d0nny
09-29-2016, 05:01 AM
Agree... 8 levels is far too much.

4 levels is already borderline. The ones not playing properly are still not gonna play properly at lvl 8. Figure this out: Today I had a casual where a lvl 8 pip was just sitting doing absolutely nothing. 0 eliminations, 11 deaths and 930 heal. Following your rule, he's more apt to play competitive than I am (at lvl 4). I don't think so...

The exception proves the rule. The more often you play a champion, the better you become regardless how bad you are, i guess we do not have to discuss that. If i am with all my champions at 2000+ rating ( or since ob34 4000+ ) i do not want to play with or against 1200 bronze guys. It is absolutely stupid cause i am getting 25-30 points a win and losing 200. Makes no sense at all to me

Demonbane
09-29-2016, 05:13 AM
Hmm, welp a beta is a beta. Let's just wait for few more patches.

bL1nk94
09-29-2016, 08:39 AM
I agree with Donny. This matchmaking system is a joke, no offence Hi-Rez, but really, make some changes. I'm not the best player, but I'm not the worst either, so why do I have to endure 20 min stomps? I had a losing streak of 5 games in a row where I literally could not do anything since I had no tank or no healer in a competitive match or damage dealers with mastery 2 and 3 on champions. People take competitive as a joke "that doesn't matter". That's literally what I hear every time from some dumbass that decides to throw by picking a champion he's literally new at. Or the famous "it's just a game bro", every time he fails. Maybe I want TO WIN? Or at least to have a BALANCED game?

KingMOECCHI
09-29-2016, 10:24 AM
level 8 as the minimum is too much. how about they make party ranked match for us? with 3 people top in one party. so in one team it will consist of 2 and 3 people party. and to make it balance, use and show the average ratings in the picking phase. Just like ranked match in Dota2.

just my thought... :D

Thiau
09-29-2016, 10:28 AM
level 8 as the minimum is too much. how about they make party ranked match for us? with 3 people top in one party. so in one team it will consist of 2 and 3 people party. and to make it balance, use and show the average ratings in the picking phase. Just like ranked match in Dota2.

just my thought... :D

who wants to wait 20 mins in que for that ?

KuroDWalker
09-29-2016, 10:35 AM
I AGREE with this at least LVL 6 IN 12 CHAMPS

Kids be like: I need to upgrade 12 champs to lvl 4 to go ranked fast.... blalblablabla Let's feed flame and AFK than report this guys! for don't let me play with the champ I want!

I don't want this type of players in this game (I know thats impossible), Im done with so many games for being to easy to unlock ranked mode...

KingMOECCHI
09-29-2016, 10:39 AM
who wants to wait 20 mins in que for that ?

I dont follow. Would you please explain more? :D
Is it that hard (atm) to make a balanced match out of the average ratings of both team?

Symps
09-29-2016, 10:51 AM
People aren't understanding the fine line with matchmaking. You want it to perfectly suit your needs, you're going to have to wait. You want instant queues, well you may not be matched up to par. Unfortunately it's just finding the best solution which isn't exactly easy for any developers.

As for the champions I think 12 champions mastery 8 is a pretty high standard just to be allowed into a competitive mode.

Turtlelele
09-29-2016, 10:56 AM
Champion ban would be great!

Thiau
09-29-2016, 11:09 AM
I dont follow. Would you please explain more? :D
Is it that hard (atm) to make a balanced match out of the average ratings of both team?

10 min ques with current mm and matches are unbalanced af . Adding 2-3 party will make que time way bigger

KingMOECCHI
09-29-2016, 11:38 AM
10 min ques with current mm and matches are unbalanced af . Adding 2-3 party will make que time way bigger

Oh i see. But still i think it would be better if there is a party ranked match, because at the very least you still have your friends on your team and then you can work together to win the match. rather than being alone, right? :D

But you are right after all. the queue time will get longer than before.

Roster
09-29-2016, 12:09 PM
We need to increase the restrcition for ranked ( 6 champions mastery 4 and 4 champions mastery 8 )

MasterTeisel
09-29-2016, 01:38 PM
It is scandalous to be paired with a team that does not exceed Masters 4 and then see 2 or more well known pros on the enemy team. Most times you know who will win without even playing. The game doesn't even consider to balance the teams.

xDOKGOx
09-29-2016, 02:22 PM
Um, you do know this game is still in beta right? there isn't any match making system as of right now.

Thiau
09-29-2016, 02:40 PM
Um, you do know this game is still in beta right? there isn't any match making system as of right now.

um, you do know devs said there is matchmaking?

xDOKGOx
09-29-2016, 03:13 PM
I meant that there isn't really any detailed matchmaking system, the system right now is pretty shit. I remember reading some post that its based off of your champion mmr.

Thiau
09-29-2016, 03:21 PM
I meant that there isn't really any detailed matchmaking system, the system right now is pretty shit. I remember reading some post that its based off of your champion mmr.

so since its shit why not call it out ...

zXr666
09-30-2016, 12:01 AM
Well Beta is Beta for a reason, if you bothered to read http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?46-How-Hi-Rez-Makes-Games-and-Expectations-for-Beta thats on you, please leave the "Beta should be perfect, flawless!" attitude at the login. I suggest leaving out the insults and try making an actual constructive thread that does not boast elitism.

Thiau
09-30-2016, 04:13 AM
Well Beta is Beta for a reason, if you bothered to read http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?46-How-Hi-Rez-Makes-Games-and-Expectations-for-Beta thats on you, please leave the "Beta should be perfect, flawless!" attitude at the login. I suggest leaving out the insults and try making an actual constructive thread that does not boast elitism.

I am too tired of "its beta " stupidity . Move the gears in your head and think what "beta" is for .