PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Evie's Ice Block

MiuiKy
09-26-2016, 08:54 PM
Many had already stated, "Evie is Broken".. "But why that?", I asked, when I was yet naive and it didn't took me long to realize..

Evie has two mobility skills, Soar and Blink, allowing her to quick get on enemies backs, kill a few and get out, many games I played where good Evies didn't died ONCE, simple because, even if they F.ed up they could just get out of the situation, shruging away like "Welp.. Maybe next time!".

But the thing that I feel it's the biggest problem is the Ice Block, I don't mind the mobility, a good Androxus can settle things up with her with no worries BUT the Ice Block is where it is.. Most Evies uses that card that regen her HP while in Ice Block adding to her increadible survivability with 2 mobility spells (3 if she has the Wormhole card), a life regen and 2 slows (direct fire and ult).

My suggestion is when she freezes herself in her Ice Block, make so wih her cooldowns aka make her cooldowns also freeze, example, let's say I need 3 seconds for my Soar to be ready to use, then I use Ice Block, as soon as I get out I can Soar away BUT, in this scenario, the Soar would get stuck on 3 second and would only start counting back after I break out of the Ice Block, I also increasing her HP to 2000 since this nerf would be huge to her.

It's just a suggestion.. I dunno.. Been feeling like she's a character that is too hard to put down, even if she cain't aim properly and kill anyone it's very easy for her to survive everything.

DarkFuma
09-26-2016, 09:00 PM
Make the ice block breakable after taking a certain amount of damage.

FenexDragonis
09-26-2016, 09:26 PM
shes the flavor of the patch character right now.... Did you know her blink has a 4 second cooldown?

ChaosAnimagic
09-26-2016, 10:03 PM
They're already nerfing her Ice Block.

If all go according to their plans, Evie will not be able to Blink while in Ice Block anymore.

Tho the idea of making her Ice Block acts exactly like Shields (as it somewhat do since it blocks damage and Bombs can't stick to it) will be interesting.

However if it does change into a Shield mechanics, she should still keep the Slow effect on enemies around her for when Ice Block breaks. This would be good since she won't be able to Blink away in Ice Block either anyways.

ToxicSquiid
09-26-2016, 10:09 PM
I will agree that the magically teleporting Ice Block gets annoying, but all it takes is one good shot, with the proper buffs, and Evie is down for the count. Still in support of the banishing of thou's yon floating ice brigade.

Krunched
09-26-2016, 10:51 PM
Hey evie is my favourite char. don't nerf. If you are playing sniper and you see her blink away, best move is to teleport elsewhere to confuse her. chances are she will go to your spot for closeup shot

MiuiKy
09-26-2016, 11:48 PM
Hey evie is my favourite char. don't nerf. If you are playing sniper and you see her blink away, best move is to teleport elsewhere to confuse her. chances are she will go to your spot for closeup shot

I understand but just because she's your favourite doesn't mean she isn't OP.. As it stands, Evie is the character with the best mobility and survavibility and her "counters" can only kinda "shoo" her away since she has so many meanings of escape and survive that it's very hard to kill her.

Make the ice block breakable after taking a certain amount of damage.

That is actually a good idea too.

shes the flavor of the patch character right now.... Did you know her blink has a 4 second cooldown?

I'm aware.. That's why she's so hard to kill, she can blink to engage, turn into Ice Block if things get hard and blink away.. And she's hard to catch because she has two mobility skills and Soar goes pretty far, pretty fast.

NeoDAV
09-27-2016, 03:03 AM
Besauce u bad player

Zenatsu
09-27-2016, 06:09 AM
Only Androxus can handle her right now. His alt fire does get dmg bonus while she's in ice and 700 is usually enough to get her and it's pretty easy to nail all 3 shots on the ice block.

But even with that it's quite the BS how well she can survive by being able to get in and out of combat quite easily.

Jusey1
09-27-2016, 09:45 AM
The ice block needs a few nerfs.

Firstly, Evie can't use her abilities while in it. I've seen Evies actually using her movement abilities while staying in the ice block to get close to her target and then burst out to do that area damage from bursting out. Or to ice block then teleport away to safety...

Secondly, make the ice block breakable.

Lastly, like you mention, have her cooldowns on frozen as well.

KuroDWalker
09-27-2016, 09:59 AM
I dont think she needs a nerf she is very hard to play!

MiuiKy
09-27-2016, 03:25 PM
Besauce u bad player

https://derpicdn.net/img/2014/5/12/624935/full.jpeg

BDra
09-27-2016, 03:54 PM
Nerf the Ice Block... come on people, the Ice Block is the annoyance every Champion has. The skill that messes up others their plan. It's not what makes her to strong.

What does make her to strong is short cooldowns + cooldown cards that don't have any prerequisites and let's not forget the insane thing that no one who thinks about it would invent: 4 seconds bonus damage on a 4 second cooldown Ability. That should be 1 shot increased damage after Blink, not 4 seconds.

There's tons of ways to rebalance her, I've read good ones and I've read crap ones. But none of the good ones said: the Ice Block is the problem fix it.

Oh and to the guy saying that Champions who are harder to play should be stronger... Please go practice and don't expect things to be artificially made up for skills you haven't mastered yet.

Jusey1
09-27-2016, 06:07 PM
Nerf the Ice Block... come on people, the Ice Block is the annoyance every Champion has. The skill that messes up others their plan. It's not what makes her to strong.

What does make her to strong is short cooldowns + cooldown cards that don't have any prerequisites and let's not forget the insane thing that no one who thinks about it would invent: 4 seconds bonus damage on a 4 second cooldown Ability. That should be 1 shot increased damage after Blink, not 4 seconds.

There's tons of ways to rebalance her, I've read good ones and I've read crap ones. But none of the good ones said: the Ice Block is the problem fix it.

Oh and to the guy saying that Champions who are harder to play should be stronger... Please go practice and don't expect things to be artificially made up for skills you haven't mastered yet.

You are correct that their are other problems but the ice block itself is also a problem. Don't ignore the problem simply because there are others. Take care of them all.

MiuiKy
09-27-2016, 09:29 PM
You are correct that their are other problems but the ice block itself is also a problem. Don't ignore the problem simply because there are others. Take care of them all.

This.. Luckely she got nerfed, not the way I expected but still nice..
And if we gonna talk about other problems, how about how she can Blink in and out very easily due to Wormhole card AND the fact Blink has a low cooldown? That's also an issue..