PDA

View Full Version : Paladins in the gaming world

KillerCryptid
09-25-2016, 05:52 PM
Now this might feel a bit pointless but since I really like Hi-Rez and Paladins I feel obligated to say what I like and what I don't like about the game, specially since it's in open beta now and every future change will be more important.
First I'll just say that I'm lvl 20, not sure how many hours I put in the game but I have been playing for some time now, somewhat casually.

Now I want to say something about the things in the game that aren't in the gameplay or matches. The lore, or better say lack there of, is a huge problem. I know it's an online only PvP game but I feel the lack of lore for the characters, for the "realm", for the battles confusing, like why isn't there anything about it anywhere. Why isn't there info about each character on their character page, who they are, where they are from and how do they fit in this world and these conflicts. Why is there no lore in why they all fight in the first place, why is there no map of the world, why most weapons use gems as their power source (Buck had it as well until you removed his weapon and gave him that bland shotgun). I can't be the only one that wants to know these things.

Now the gameplay, I played all characters at some point. and some things haven't changed, or they changed for the worse from when I was level 1 and just started. Some characters seem and feel OP, some feel underpowered, some fell...well I'll just cut to the chase, the whole feel of the game is lacking, weapons don't feel right, they either do too much damage for that character or they do too little. It is not satisfying, it doesn't feel right when a big cannon does as much damage as a normal bullet. Or how about cards, the "burn" cards in-game are pretty good, I think they finally found the right spot for them, the fact that you can upgrade them is great and that they don't go away after one round is also great. But the cards you use to personalize your playstyle feel pointless and boring, they don't do much, they used to do much more and that was THE thing everyone from the closed beta pointed out, a unique thing not found in other games of the genre, but now...they are just there, I don't really need them and they won't change my character or how I play him much. feels like a letdown.
One more thing lacking is the content, from 3-4 modes that were there now we only have 1 mode, we used to have 4 settings with mode variations and now, correct me if I'm wrong, we have 2 settings with 2 variations. I don't know about others but this is a big problem, makes the game monotonous really fast.
Daily Tasks are also gone. Sure, they were simple, just wins, but they were there, now they are gone (actually a patch or 2 back but still).

I don't like saying bad things about this game cause I do still like it, but unless you fix these things I don't know how long people will play Paladins. What does Paladins have to offer in current state except that it is free and has cards? Nothing much really, and that makes me kinda sad.

As I said I know people won't agree with me, this is just my opinion but from what I've seen from around the web, the things I pointed out here, are the things people everywhere noticed as well. :/

WaffleDestroyer
09-25-2016, 05:53 PM
tldr?

/10char

KillerCryptid
09-25-2016, 06:32 PM
I love the game but there are a lot of things lacking.
Personal opinion (short enough?)

Bullymong
09-25-2016, 06:55 PM
Now the gameplay, I played all characters at some point. and some things haven't changed, or they changed for the worse from when I was level 1 and just started. Some characters seem and feel OP, some feel underpowered, some fell...well I'll just cut to the chase, the whole feel of the game is lacking, weapons don't feel right, they either do too much damage for that character or they do too little. :/

I'm still trying to figure where the bomb king fits, and Skye is very frustrating and her ult's range is gigantic.

I'm loving the gameplay so far but the character designs are way too generic and lacking. I can't look at Skye and not see a terrible Ad for a shitty browser game.

FenexDragonis
09-25-2016, 07:47 PM
because you know when you game has awful matchmaking... some fairly large imbalances.. a lack of content, and various other problems.. something like lore and story which have no real impact on the actual game is so important -.-

Zeleen
09-26-2016, 11:39 AM
Lore is the bane of good competitive games.

I could not care less about backstory all I want is for gameplay to be smooth, responsive and on point. Having badass/cool looking champions with personality is a bonus but lore and where said personalities comes from does absolutely nothing to most competitive PvPers.

KuroDWalker
09-26-2016, 12:56 PM
I agree with so many things that u said bro, but the game is in BETA, so i think this game has a huge potential, and i hope they fix some of this facts, like are many champs under-powered...

PS: sry for my bad English.

Albert2006xp
09-26-2016, 05:30 PM
Daily Tasks are also gone. Sure, they were simple, just wins, but they were there, now they are gone (actually a patch or 2 back but still).

This was a thing? No thank you. Please no dailies, logging in is enough homework.