PDA

View Full Version : Why are games not using voice feature for communication between players?

DarkHorseman
09-23-2016, 06:17 PM
I was hoping that Paladins would use voice chat for comunication because with just a few words you can know where,who,and what are your teammates and/or opponents doing.If you want prime example of good system look at CS:GO(or any cs game).Each part of the map is called different and is somwhat discribed by that "name".I know that you do have a way of comunication in game but remembering button combinations to say something so vague like "Attack" or "Flanking left" isn't enough information for me or my team to coordinate what we'll do.Without voice coms.it's like playing with bots not another humans and i hate to type out a novel every time i get into the game expaining the strategy that we'll be using(when i play solo).Thank you for your time to read all this badly written post :D

SenatorBird
09-23-2016, 11:02 PM
voice com would be so nice for this game.

Sheepscuit
09-24-2016, 06:15 AM
As long as you can turn it off. I couldn't care less about hearing abusive, salty, egotistical children over voice communication. It's bad enough to see them spam the chat (though at least we can mute it :D).

Don't care too much if others want it, but tbh you could just join a clan/guild etc and use discord/TS/Mumble etc if you want organised matches.

BDra
09-24-2016, 06:22 AM
As long as you can turn it off. I couldn't care less about hearing abusive, salty, egotistical children over voice communication. It's bad enough to see them spam the chat (though at least we can mute it :D).

Don't care too much if others want it, but tbh you could just join a clan/guild etc and use discord/TS/Mumble etc if you want organised matches.

I'd play on mute, I don't like random people talking to me unless I'm grouped up.

Miragen
09-24-2016, 06:26 AM
Because no one ever uses it, and if they do, it's probably used for insults.

NickTheGamer
09-24-2016, 09:35 AM
If they implement voice comms they should also implement a player rating system so that players can be reported at the end of the match for vulgar language or being vocally abusive to team mates. Get a few downvotes and your not alot to use your microphone for a set amount of time. Would need work to be implemented but I feel that this game does need voice coms as well.

LascarCapable
09-24-2016, 10:01 AM
Because no one ever uses it, and if they do, it's probably used for insults.

Well, unpopular opinion here I guess, but I do agree a lot.

Honestly, I can understand why some people find vocal in-game chat to be an absolute necessity, but let's face it : what do people use the in game voice chat for nowadays ? Insulting people. When it's not the case, it's oftenly someone who is micspamming some music without everyone's consent or some annoying kid squeaking around. I really prefer using a thrid party program like Discord for voice chatting with people : it does not annoy anyone and nobody would annoy us.

I wouldn't mind if voice chat was added to the game, but it would require an option to disable it by. Besides that, I can perfectly live without.

LEEB
09-24-2016, 04:45 PM
I think they should have voice features, but allow mute options. There are a LOT of people that use it the way it's meant in other games and those teams win. Without even really knowing each other. Once in a while you find that annoying mother****** that never shuts up, but hey, that's what mute options are for.

FenexDragonis
09-24-2016, 11:01 PM
why... ill tell you why i wont ever use it... very simple... i dont want to listen to kids/adults who act like kids.. have verbal competitions over who has the biggest micro-penis. aka... riding the blame train.. aka "its everyone elses fault we lost".. so on and so forth..

tbh i really dont see the community improving ever.. as its already suffering from the same problem smite does.. on one side.. you have the shortbus.. on the other you have the "im going to be the next esports superstar" crowd.. and between those two demographics... theres no place for the average skill level casual player...

since they get sick of being expected to carry the shortbus riders... and no one wants to deal with the players who ride the blame train whilest on the bottom of the scoreboard...

im a firm supporter of the "if your testicles have yet to drop. the game should auto mute you" policy

ImTrash
09-25-2016, 05:15 AM
It's a cool ideea unless they start to speak in polish, russian, czech etc, banging your mother everynight, puting music or hearing their moms yelling that they did not flushed the toilet.

Shunkulita21
09-25-2016, 07:35 AM
Because Kids... Every kid will rage and u dont want thath... soo its a bad ideea and a good ideea... But it will be nice if u can comunicate calm with your team but everyone knows its a 2% chances to have a good team...

Jusey1
09-25-2016, 10:05 AM
Paladins needs two voice related things.

Ofcourse, the voice com stuff where players can talk to each other and such. I loved this in both Overwatch and TF2, as it allows for a better team experience and makes it easier to work with teammates... People complaining about children or crap, like earlier in this thread, shouldn't worry. Children rarely play team based games because they play it like Call of Duty, get destroyed, and then rage quit, calling the game stupid or whatever unfriendly word they have. At least, from my experience.

The second thing is quick-responses. The current "response thing" is horrible. You hit V, then another button and then another, none of which are really properly connected or anything to that like. I would like something like TF2. Have Z,X, and C each be a list of specific responses. One would be normal stuff like "Yes" and "No" while another be team-play like "Group Up", "I need healing/Help", "Go left/right", etc and so on. But have them listed on the numbers (1-0) keys instead of random letters... Having to stop to say a quick response is never a good idea...

Also, while having that, have the option to key-bind specific responses for even quicker access. Mostly the common used ones and important ones. And ofcourse having each character speak the responses instead of the announcer will help a lot too. However, this game is still in Beta so I'm not criticizing that. I can understand that they hadn't gotten all of the voice acting done.

MrSheeppy
09-25-2016, 10:12 AM
Just think of it as CS:GO voice communication, sometimes there are the people who are quite... different... Also Casual is an international thing so there will be more than just English users playing the game which makes it a bad idea. Also can you imagine ear rape or someone voice chatting something they really shouldn't?

Jusey1
09-25-2016, 11:37 AM
Just think of it as CS:GO voice communication, sometimes there are the people who are quite... different... Also Casual is an international thing so there will be more than just English users playing the game which makes it a bad idea. Also can you imagine ear rape or someone voice chatting something they really shouldn't?

Terrible reason to NOT have something that is easily very important in a team based game, since you can just mute people you don't like. You have like 40+ seconds between each match too, so it shouldn't be that hard to mute people.