PDA

View Full Version : Why Skye main issue hasn't been adressed yet ?

Kinxil
09-23-2016, 01:47 AM
Since CB30, several players mentionned that an ultimate which is particularly hard to avoid (slow, but from a stealthed unit so any good Skye player will hit 3 players) should not kill you in one run.

Grohk old version of his ultimate looks poor in comparison, and it was considered as one of the best ultimates in the game, if not the best.

My personal view on it is that Skye ultimate damage have been typed randomly. It's hard to believe that it's considered as good balance something which have high radius and one shot most of the champions.

Doomex
09-23-2016, 02:31 AM
Cause we didn't spam enough "Sky ulty op" in threads hehe.We need more people maybe they can see better.

Thiau
09-23-2016, 03:03 AM
cuz her ulti is still worse than androxus .

Doomex
09-23-2016, 03:22 AM
cuz her ulti is still worse than androxus .

Well androxus can be killed while in ulty +it can be avoided with shield.

Thiau
09-23-2016, 03:25 AM
Well androxus can be killed while in ulty +it can be avoided with shield.

same with skye .

BDra
09-23-2016, 03:36 AM
same with skye .

Skye her Ultimate can't be blocked by a shield for a long time now, but line of sight will. Androxus his Ultimate says "screw line of sight" and kills you anyway because he has no falloff on his huge AOE.

Thiau
09-23-2016, 03:40 AM
Skye her Ultimate can't be blocked by a shield for a long time now, but line of sight will. Androxus his Ultimate says "screw line of sight" and kills you anyway because he has no falloff on his huge AOE.

and fernando shield absorbs her ultimate . Poison effecting shield not human , makes sense xD

BDra
09-23-2016, 03:46 AM
and fernando shield absorbs her ultimate . Poison effecting shield not human , makes sense xD

Are you 100% sure of that? I don't really play Skye or Fernando, but I don't remember them saying they reversed that decision on her ultimate.

Thiau
09-23-2016, 03:54 AM
i dont play fernando , all i know the dmg from her ulti goes to his shield .

BDra
09-23-2016, 04:11 AM
Can you make a video of that? And the other 2 shields, do they act the same?

Thiau
09-23-2016, 04:20 AM
Can you make a video of that? And the other 2 shields, do they act the same?

barik - no
makoa - i dont think so .

BDra
09-23-2016, 05:13 AM
barik - no
makoa - i dont think so .

Then it almost certainly is a bug and a report/video proof is needed.

finjess
09-23-2016, 05:46 AM
Played against Skye as a Fernando and got killed by her ulti even tho i had a 8k shield 6k health and tier 2 blastshield

Miragen
09-23-2016, 05:49 AM
Shields don't block her ult, even though it probably should.

BDra
09-23-2016, 06:03 AM
Shields don't block her ult, even though it probably should.

The decision was made not to because it made her ult to easy to dodge for a whole team.

Zenatsu
09-23-2016, 07:14 AM
Her ulti isnt blocked by all walls some walls/building are being ignored. And no the dmg goes to HP not shields.

Suspensorio
09-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Skye needs a new ult, really. The only reason they leave that ult there is because it is cool to watch on streams, but it doesn't fit her in any form. If the same bomb only applied a slow + lower damage, it would be like a glove to her, as now she has the upper hand as an assassin, can help her teammates, but still needs to play well not to die to an entire team. She is a stealth assassin, not a terrorist (I'd see that ult on Bomb King better than Skye).

LascarCapable
09-23-2016, 03:30 PM
I just had a game against a somewhat decent Skye. That ult is a bit too hard to flee indeed, and definitely one of the best ults in the game. I guess it could use a small AoE reduction or an additional 0.3-0.5 seconds before exploding. Not both though, at least not yet.

HardK0R
09-23-2016, 03:52 PM
I think Skye's ult, should have some sort of visual semi-slow moving sonic wave that can be blocked/absorbed by shields, walls, boxes, etc.

Ellezard
09-23-2016, 06:06 PM
The ult either need a new visual to give more clarity to the range it has or to just reduce its range to its current visual.

It has 2 counters though with one being a rather popular pick (Fernando) which makes it somewhat fine but it sucks to suddenly get hit by it when you're so far away from it.

Thiau
09-23-2016, 06:10 PM
The ult either need a new visual to give more clarity to the range it has or to just reduce its range to its current visual.

It has 2 counters though with one being a rather popular pick (Fernando) which makes it somewhat fine but it sucks to suddenly get hit by it when you're so far away from it.

it had better visual ~few patches ago , no idea why they removed it .

Ellezard
09-23-2016, 06:12 PM
it had better visual ~few patches ago , no idea why they removed it .

Damn.

Are they really happy with having a bomb explosion effect that is only HALF of its actual radius? Like, people would feel less cheated by it if they see themselves really getting hit by it. Either that or they will complain even more about the range.

feralknights
09-24-2016, 01:11 AM
Full disclosure: I love and main Skye, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I think her ult is probably the bright shiny point of her kit right now-- I talked about it briefly in another thread where people were complaining about Skye, but I absolutely agree there should be a better visual indicator for the range of it or where you are in relation to it. But the game is still in Beta, so there's always room for improvement.

Zeleen
09-24-2016, 11:23 AM
My two and only gripes with Skye is how her ult ticks instead of just killing you right off. Unless there's a Grover who can counter-ult it just feelsbadman I would rather die instantly if I get caught by it. Which to be faire rarely ever happens. The second thing is how broken fast her reload is when you stack left hand. So fast it just looks glitchy.

BDra
09-24-2016, 11:26 AM
My two and only gripes with Skye is how her ult ticks instead of just killing you right off. Unless there's a Grover who can counter-ult it just feelsbadman I would rather die instantly if I get caught by it. Which to be faire rarely ever happens. The second thing is how broken fast her reload is when you stack left hand. So fast it just looks glitchy.

It gives you time to get another kill or for a teammate to react and heal you.

SwiftSins
09-25-2016, 07:45 AM
Guys,

If you look at the ult of skye and compare it to all the other ults, hers is just plainly rediculus when it comes to range and dmg.

They can go 3 ways about it when you want to balance/fix this:

1.Decrease aoe radius and increase visuals.

2.Increase deto time and make it more visuals.

3.Decrease to maybe a 1000-1500 initial dmg and decrease dot to 600-700.

She is a flanker type which makes her kinda an oppertunist in both skill and playstyle.
There for she should be picky and time as an assasin, but atm if you asked me she can face enemy's pretty much head on, which feels out of character.

XiaoJyunSLO
09-25-2016, 08:07 AM
Its not the hit damage that bothers me, its poison....whats the point when its unavoidable

I tend to instantly use my movement ability when i hear ulti, but it dont help...I get grazed by poison and die

Silbergeist
09-25-2016, 08:20 AM
Her supreme should explode instantly while doing less damage, like 500 every second for 4 seconds, and while the enemy's poisoned, he takes more damage from any source and has an aim debuff where it moves randomly, making it difficult to try hitting anything.

FenexDragonis
09-25-2016, 04:00 PM
Since CB30, several players mentionned that an ultimate which is particularly hard to avoid (slow, but from a stealthed unit so any good Skye player will hit 3 players) should not kill you in one run.

Grohk old version of his ultimate looks poor in comparison, and it was considered as one of the best ultimates in the game, if not the best.

My personal view on it is that Skye ultimate damage have been typed randomly. It's hard to believe that it's considered as good balance something which have high radius and one shot most of the champions.

long story short enough people cried it wasnt an i win button and hi-rez being hi-rez.. to shut them up turned it into practially an i win button..

Onyxys
09-25-2016, 04:02 PM
Her ULT is something awesome. Cant be avoided, huge radius and instakill. WTF? WHy still didnt nerfed or changed?

Mundal
09-26-2016, 02:16 AM
Her supreme should explode instantly while doing less damage, like 500 every second for 4 seconds, and while the enemy's poisoned, he takes more damage from any source and has an aim debuff where it moves randomly, making it difficult to try hitting anything.

Sounds good, So many times this has happened- Skye sneaking in the middle of my team while we are capping and using her ulti killing everyone on point. I just hate that and then while we are back retaking the point from enemy team all we hear is a sound
Barrage Incoming !!
and boom ! 2 more team players dead. LOL annoying af