PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, give us a game mode with pre-chosen classes.

Twitchybird
09-22-2016, 11:03 PM
I am seriously so sick and tired of people picking whatever it is they want to pick, i'm sorry but 3 flanks, no tank is absolutely worthless as a team comp and it happens Every. Single. Game..

I'm sick of having to lose because my teammates are.. Well there's no nice way of saying this but they're stupid. This game has the the lowest level of skill when it comes to players that i've ever seen. And i've been gaming for over a decade now.

Giving us an alternate game mode in which the classes are pre-determined would solve a lot of my issues with this game, and of course; It'd be optional.

Another issue that i have is that the chat isn't always showing when you're picking a champion. This is a [B]major[B] problem as well. It literally kills all forms of communication from the very get-go. Do it like you did smite and have the chat box opened from the second you get into champion select.

..Thanks.

KicksBrickster
09-22-2016, 11:13 PM
Here's a tip: if everyone else instalocks DPS, go Fernando and suggest someone else goes tank as well. Even if they don't, you still have at least one tank, which will usually be OK if those DPS players aren't off chasing kills.

Zeleen
09-23-2016, 07:43 AM
I agree about chat being a problem during team setup and after match too. I want chat accessible.

Role queuing on paper sounds great but unfortunately comp building in these games don't work like a party does in a MMORPG. The comps have to be "open". However, I can't say it's been that much of a problem to me in Paladins because supports are popular and fun to play and there is more than one "main tank" as opposed to *the game that cannot be spoken* where Rein is mandatory and healers are poorly designed. So for now, from where I stand the picks are varied BUT I'm a great team player I always pick last and pick what is needed so it might have something to do with it.

Suspensorio
09-23-2016, 12:26 PM
Chat is a big problem, definitely. It should be always visible, and play sound when a message arrives.

But it's a very bad idea for them to force a meta like that. Imagine if the best team comp is actually a full DPS team, no one will be able to play it because the game requires one tank, one support and one flanker. Can we play 3 tanks? No, the game won't let us.

Also, imagine three flankers against a balanced team: the flankers take out their other flanker/sniper, rush down on the healer, then focus the tanks. Team destroyed, since flankers deal so much damage (except Buck) and are so mobile. So the problem is not exactly the team comp, is that players are bad. I've seen a Barik that buys no items and is afraid of setting up camp on objective, even with Ruckus next to him, so comp is secondary here.

Now, Zeleen said the smartest thing to do when you get last pick: if no one picked tank, you pick it. No support, you pick support. May not solve the bad players problem, but at least balances the team. Also, I found that asking (not cursing) people to play with the team helps a lot.

FenexDragonis
09-25-2016, 07:51 PM
just take a flanker or attacker... then when everoyne gets butt hurt and crys about a loss.. you say "thats what happens without a tank or support.. man up or shutup"... .. ive gotten to the point thats what i do.. depending on the team comp... other times i just take the deserter penalty... as 15 minutes of being unable to queue is far less irritating than dealing with the cesspool

they could also address this issue.. much like gigantic has (not that i can speak much as tightly closed beta and very strict NDA) by allowing players to select what characters they are willing to play before queue.. you just implement the system to require each team to have atleast one of each class.. the 5th being random... further more this could also help improve matchmaking as it would be able to account for your ability as a player with any given character.
further more it allows players to always get the character they want.. and also rewards players who are more flexable and are willing to play multiple diffrent characters with shorter queues

but i digress.. it would result in slightly longer queue times.. and hi-rez has made it very clear.. Match Quantity> Match Quality (meaning they pefer having short queue times with one sided games... as opposed to longer queues with better quality matches)

Miragen
09-25-2016, 08:03 PM
For one we probably need more time to select a champion, you don't have a lot of time when someone takes a bit longer to select one, and then you need to rush to pick something else because they obviously picked the wrong thing, if you are able to give a shit anymore after having to compensate for your teammates every single time.

GMAK2442
09-26-2016, 12:44 AM
Manage to play competitive maybe.

I say that have a pre-define Champions class would be boring for all.

In my case, I don't care at all if there is no tank. I'll just deal with it.

And maybe the Overwatch remember thing could be a good thing who know.

Sheepscuit
09-26-2016, 03:32 AM
It just always seems to be that mindset of "I'll play what I want, but why the **** is no one else picking a tank/support/an overpowered hamster" etc xD There was even a thread I saw on Reddit complaining about this issue, yet he had picked a damage champion too... like he has any right to complain!

So in short, be a part of the solution; pick a champ to improve the team composition and let others pick what they want. As much as we might want people to pick supports/tanks etc, they won't even be playing if the game starts forcing them into things they don't like and aren't good at.

phatal
09-26-2016, 05:50 AM
As cool as this would be don't expect it. Smite never had it and I don't expect more from pallys.