PDA

View Full Version : Overall honest feedback.

Jinium
09-22-2016, 07:58 AM
I'm just here as a Beta player doing my duty by giving comments and feedback.

Don't get me wrong. I love this game. Probably because it's still in Beta so the devs haven't released the other contents yet, but it gets a little repetitive after 3 ~ 4 hours of playing. I still play it daily though but it gets pretty repetitive and that would be enough Paladins for the day.

I'm excited, and truly looking forward to future contents of this game. I probably shouldn't have bought the founder's pack (but I did just to support). I've already unlocked all champions and spent decent amount of time getting used to them.

So the game is a solid 9 (at least) I'd give it a 10/10 of course (Devs, please don't make it P2W :( )
Community wise, there's a huge gap between players who doesn't understand the game concept, and those who actually know. Those who don't know would complain about Front Liner's DPS being low, and Flanker's DPS being high. (Then there are those who complain about all the champions being too OP.. which means the game is balanced ? :p )

Gameplay wise, a lot of people needs to know that Objective Time > K/D. I don't know how does the scoreboard count, but one way to encourage people to pay attention to objective time is to rank the team based on their individual Objective Time score, with more EXP & Mastery given to the highest. I don't know if that has already been implemented. If there's anything that makes me want to stop playing it's teammates who doesn't care about objective time.

I think some clarification needs to be made in the game as a lot of newbies think the game is broken Examples
Below Level 5 player: WHY BOTS IN CASUAL ?
Level 13 player in Co-op: WHY AM I NOT GETTING EXP & MASTERY ?

Servers & connectivity.. I don't have to talk about it, devs :p You know what you need to do :cool: It's Beta, I know and it really didn't bother me despite playing in the AUS server (I'm in the Southeast Asia region).

Regarding the requirements to play Casual and Competitive, I support it because if there isn't any requirements the ranking system would be really messed up. One game you'll have a bunch of newbies and the next you'll be with advanced players. With enough luck anyone could hit Platinum if all they did was battle newbies.

But perhaps could lower the competitive requirements I suppose. It's a bit of a dread to have 12 mastery 4 champions. Maybe like 5 mastery 5 champions would suffice. To unlock 12 mastery champions is a bit of a grind for gold. Not to mention mastery 4 for each.

For the game currency, it wasn't a tough grind for me. No complains about that. Prices of cards and skins are just right. Not too much of a grind, not too easy of a grind.

Oh and I almost forgot. I think there seems to be a problem with the History at the player's profile ? It doesn't seem to show Objective Time, Shielding or Healing. I usually play front liners and always get the highest objective time despite the slight difference in K/D ratio. I don't want it to look like I didn't contribute to the team when people view my history XD

All in all, I have enjoyed my hours of playing (Just hit 2 days play time wohoo !). Would continue to support this game in growing big. Sorry for the long thread ! Just trying to help. I'll be back on the next content update :)

Jinium.

Kadurkel
09-22-2016, 09:50 PM
But perhaps could lower the competitive requirements I suppose. It's a bit of a dread to have 12 mastery 4 champions. Maybe like 5 mastery 5 champions would suffice. To unlock 12 mastery champions is a bit of a grind for gold. Not to mention mastery 4 for each.

People gotta stop whining about the ranked requirements. If you don't play the game longer than 2 or 3 days you don't belong in ranked. It's that simple.

Jinium
09-23-2016, 12:03 AM
People gotta stop whining about the ranked requirements. If you don't play the game longer than 2 or 3 days you don't belong in ranked. It's that simple.

So you think you can unlock 5 champions and achieve mastery 5 for each within 2 days ? HAHA

FenexDragonis
09-23-2016, 12:06 AM
OP i assume your not famiular with hi-rez post smite... as far as the community goes hi-rez really doesnt care as long as the game is profitable..

i could sit here and do a huge wall of text as explaining as to why this huge division in the community exists, but no one wants to read that, in a nutshell its because hi-rez is more concerned with force feeding this game into esports.. and again i could wall of text explaining why this though not a bad thing is extremely detrimental to the community.. again nutshelling it like this... you have the clueless TDMers who dont care... and the other side you have the "im going to be the next esports super star" delusional tryhard... between these 2 demographics lie the more casual players who the majority of which will not stick around in the game very long.. as they get sick of the tryhards attitudes... and being expected to carry the tdmers.. so as a result the number of adverage level casual players is a very small percentage of the player base.. most of which wont stick around... as such you end up with a huge gap in the community..

Furthermore hi-rez and there pathetic excuse for matchmaking doesnt help either... where your either forced to teamstack which results in onsided games or matchmaking expects you to carry dead weight... Smite, hi-rez's other major game suffers from the exact same problems... for the exact same reasons, yet hi-rez has done nothing to try and better things... only small things that in the long haul make the problems worse..
|
here let me give you another great example... with the games beta release on steam.. we all know about the promotional barik skin.. yet again hi-rez did something stupid without thinking... gotta win 5 games as barik... for a tf2 engineer style skin... yea great idea hi-rez lets create the illusion thats all barik does is build turrets... that hes just like the tf2 engineer... im sure all of you have seen it too... the barik that just drops turrets... ignores objectives then wonders why everyone else is mad at him.. not only does this create a problem for people trying to learn the game... it further provokes toxicity within the community.. not to mention how people fight over barik and lleave queues when they dont get him..

TL:DR the problem with this game is the fact (much like smite) Hi-rez is to obsessed with esports and tunnel visioning development based upon that fact.... While completely ignoring the casual player base, dispite the casual player base is where the money is in the world of microtransations..... but hi-rez would rather cater to the blind/deaf/dumb who will bindly throw money away.....then cater to those players... it worked for smite...