PDA

View Full Version : A possible mechanics change to Skye's ultimate

Poppah
09-22-2016, 04:32 AM
I'll try to keep it short; what if others could block the line of sight for Skye's ultimate, much like obstacles can?

I think this approach would fit well both thematically and mechanically. Firstly, Skye is there to cause mayhem, keep your cool, sacrifice your Fernando and her ultimate is no longer a supercarry. Second, since you can have hot-spots where the Payload is not surrounded by any obstacle - there are quite a few in each map - you are absolutely forced to either ult there for a - usually - guaranteed ace or play the odds and hope the enemy does not know that simply by running behind a pebble they can neutralize your ult, which makes it a rather binary decision instead of a powerplay you can utilize when the enemy has no tanks to block your ult, or are distracted by other threats.

TL;DR: Changing Skye's ult so that it can be blocked by other players if they stand in front of their team would fit both thematically and mechanically whilst nerfing it in the case the enemy knows what they are doing. She'd still be a "pubstomper".

-- Tremble before my Paint skillz! --
http://i.imgur.com/acC57va.png
http://i.imgur.com/acC57va.png

Suspensorio
09-22-2016, 09:56 AM
And/or let it deal damage to friendlies, including Skye herself. She ults, Makoa pushes her in :)

I like this change, although she could have a better ult for an assassin.

Miragen
09-22-2016, 10:59 AM
Considering what other champions get, like Cassie and the pretty lame scout ultimate.
It also doesn't really fit an assassin imo.

VarenWolf
09-22-2016, 11:19 AM
Yeah, cassie's ult is rather lacking, but I like the idea where the tank can sacrifice himself for the better of the team if need be.

Miragen
09-22-2016, 11:26 AM
The idea is cool, only in reality it requires a lot of team coordination to make that happen in 1 or 2 seconds, too much probably, it doesn't improve a whole lot from the concept of going behind cover, which is equally impossible sometimes.

Also, rip bomb king lol.

Kulutes
09-22-2016, 11:58 AM
I think it should be more of an area denial ult rather than a 'push E to wipe enemy team' ult. Make it so it explodes into a cloud that last the same amount of time, does the same total damage. but only ticks while your standing in it. it would still be quite powerful. but would allow people to clear out and only take partial damage.

Sasquatchias
09-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Skye's ult should go back to being blocked by stuff like Fernando's Shield.

A large AoE ult that is a death sentence to literally every character should have much more strict limitations.

Poppah
09-22-2016, 01:39 PM
My approach was that you can completely counter the ult if you have a team that is coordinated while leaving her with the ability to wipe random teams out.

Raventric
09-22-2016, 08:37 PM
Skye definetly needs a nerf.