PDA

View Full Version : Makoa VS Victor Ult

Miragen
09-20-2016, 12:56 PM
So this baffled me, a giant shield dome does not protect against barrage, a shield that completely covers me and whoever is in it, but offers no protection from above, why?

VarenWolf
09-20-2016, 01:00 PM
I guess it has to do with the fact its a Ult vs a shield, but It does bring up point that Fernando can block some champions ults with his shield. However I think it has do with how the shots are from the sky, so they are treated different from other projectiles.

BDra
09-20-2016, 01:06 PM
I guess it has to do with the fact its a Ult vs a shield, but It does bring up point that Fernando can block some champions ults with his shield. However I think it has do with how the shots are from the sky, so they are treated different from other projectiles.

His Ultimate goes trough everything, even trough building ceilings.

MasterTeisel
09-20-2016, 01:10 PM
A design flaw, that's because the damage is caused on the ground. For example, he can't target a flying Drogoz with the ultimate. Makoa's shield doesn't give you protection on the ground side, so for stupid it sounds, you can't block an air barrage.

BDra
09-20-2016, 01:13 PM
It isn't a design flaw... They've told us when he came out that his Ultimate is a bunkerbuster and goes trough everything.

VarenWolf
09-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I was thinking it was a hit detection thing were it just hits no matter the location. So yeah if the damage just occurs in the area. Then yeah no shield is going save you from that

MasterTeisel
09-20-2016, 01:21 PM
But you can repeal the damage if it explodes in front of your shield. Technically, it doesn't go through anything, it directly creates an explosion on the ground.

Miragen
09-20-2016, 01:23 PM
So you can play as Ruckus and have your entire ult be swallowed up by a shield, then Skye goes through shields, pretty sure Pip gets blocked by shields, then Victor goes through everything then apperantly, Kinessa gets blocked again.

Seems very random and inconsistent, at the very least it should give a damage reduction or something, as you're already immobile due to the shield as Makoa.

VarenWolf
09-20-2016, 01:29 PM
Seems very random and inconsistent, at the very least it should give a damage reduction or something, as you're already immobile due to the shield as Makoa.

Well, that comes down to what I feel like I might say a lot here. Its a Beta they are figuring out things. How everything works and interacts with everything. So in the end it comes down to if they listen to us or not. Then also the group opinion. I do agree with being able to block said abilities, but yes it must apply to all projectiles or like projectiles.

Zeleen
09-20-2016, 01:33 PM
There has to be counter play to his ult other than killing him. Makoa's shield just makes sense as a partial counter. Surely Viktor players can time their ult after the bubble... Oh well. Most people would probably run off anyway =P

VarenWolf
09-20-2016, 01:40 PM
yes I agree, I like counter play it adds to the game. Especially once they add more champions and the ranked starts taking off. Counter play in games like this is what makes them enjoyable in my opinion.