PDA

View Full Version : Tank Overlap

Flarash
09-20-2016, 07:50 AM
Am i the only one having a hard time playing against tanks,
when the enemy teams composition is 3 huge tanks and Evie as a flanker?

It seems impossible to rescue the objective from their shields while managing to try to track down
a flying boomerang that comes down for an ice block once in a while..

On the hero select, maybe a tank limit would be good?

Sorry about the salt

Edit: And to had to my salt, here i am trying to play Cassie with a Grove spamming Autos at me without a reload time.

Vokzole
09-20-2016, 08:05 AM
I guess that's one of the main problems faced by team composition when you start categorizing champions into specific roles.

It starts narrowing down the potential of certain heroes to nothing more than mere classes.

VarenWolf
09-20-2016, 08:34 AM
Its a general problem in any sort of moba. The thing right now is yeah the comps can be fairly unbalanced if you had a Grover as a support and two tanks and damage dealer and flank you almost can't lose a objective. It requires more coordination. Then the problem occurs where team has three tanks. Yeah currently I believe the tanks are in a weird place, because if you play them right they hurt like no other as well. Its going come down to some balancing that hi-Rez needs to figure out.

It also comes down to differences in how people play and how they learn combo's. For some characters I've learned how to practically shred anyone with no problem. However, I can't say I had to deal with 3 tanks side by side, because you can't get close with a group like that.

ProfessorFart
09-20-2016, 08:45 AM
Frontliner overlap, OP? Don't get me started. Wrecker makes them anything but OP. Any champion with decent damage that invests and upgrades wrecker will deal significant amounts of damage to the shield in the same amount of time a few that don't will. So the idea of champion class limits is completely unneeded.

Flarash
09-20-2016, 08:48 AM
Depends on your team composition tough.. If you are only running 1 damage dealer, its kinda hard to wreck the shields.

And with the new turtle guy, they can just cycle shields on CD.

Zenatsu
09-20-2016, 09:07 AM
Frontliner overlap, OP? Don't get me started. Wrecker makes them anything but OP. Any champion with decent damage that invests and upgrades wrecker will deal significant amounts of damage to the shield in the same amount of time a few that don't will. So the idea of champion class limits is completely unneeded.

You'll need more than one Wrecker vs 3 shields..

Zeleen
09-20-2016, 11:02 AM
Meta to me right now is 2 tanks, 2 supp, 1 DPS. They will NEVER cap roles so learn workarounds.

My dream team right now:

Fernando- Main tank
Barik- OT/ Speed gateish build
Grover- Main heal
Grohk- OH Thunder ballish build or hybrid Pip player
* some l33T DPS* to pair with OH to work angles/flanks

Edit: About you being lazy on Cassie and choosing the easiest cover: Good Grovers will suppress multiple doorways and covers at the same time. It basically means you need to work your timing better or relocate more. I don't even wait for people to peek by the time you realize I saw you there's already 2 axes flying your way. You should be punished for being a "lazy peeker" or too static.

Flarash
09-20-2016, 12:11 PM
I guess this isnt the game for me then.

I'm more of a FPSish type of gamer. If the whole game is about bullet spunging and watching tanks roll over the game, feels kinda boring to me..

MasterTeisel
09-20-2016, 12:33 PM
Full tank is not as useful as it sounds. If you convince your team to go all wrecker, you will destroy them in seconds.

You will need flankers so a single Kinessa doesn't cause your team some serious headache. And you will need damagers to do their job cleaning up the enemy team. If you only have tanks and supports gattered at capture point, a full damage team could force their way in just with wrecker and cauterize.

ZionPulse
09-20-2016, 02:00 PM
That's kinda the point of tanks grab a teammate or 2

VarenWolf
09-20-2016, 02:03 PM
That's kinda the point of tanks grab a teammate or 2

"Yes, but we want to be able to shred everyone cause we are damage dealers we can't have someone that makes our job annoying"(Every person who doesn't understand balancing classes)

Kulutes
09-20-2016, 03:06 PM
Stop taking that useless Aggression burn card and pick up Wrecker.

VarenWolf
09-20-2016, 03:09 PM
Stop taking that useless Aggression burn card and pick up Wrecker.

The card is effective I can tell when someone picks it up when I'm playing a tank, but however it only is effective to a point. Either Just got have some patience and let them figure out how they want all classes to work.