PDA

View Full Version : Buck? More like... Suck! -s at being a flanker!

Chernobylus
09-20-2016, 05:06 AM
Currently, Buck is the absolute worst flanker. His damage output is below average, his mobility is laughable and his survivability is a joke.

Any other flanker will do his job, but better.

For this comparison, I'll be taking Androxus who is, in my opinion, the best flanker in the game.

Primary Fire

Buck does 550 damage per shot, so 550 per 0.7 seconds. That's 3300 damage per 4.2 seconds.
Androxus does 650 damage per 0.5 seconds. That's 3900 damage per 3 seconds.

So not only does Androxus outdamage Buck, but he'll do it FASTER.

Secondary Fire

Buck has a dinky net throw that slows his target by 2 seconds and slightly increases the damage done to that target by Buck. Pretty straight-forward, except that it's a pretty lousy ability. It used to root, which was actually helpful, but with the amount of mobility everyone has, that slow will be pretty worthless.
Androxus' secondary is a burst of 3 quick shots from his revolver, dealing 300 damage per shot at close to medium range and if all three shots hit someone, the third shot will dish out an extra 800 instead of the usual 300, which means a well placed RMB will dish out a whopping 1400 damage.

Mobility Ability

Buck's mobility consists of a pretty short and slow, straight leap that sends you fling in an arc. Sure, you can steer yourself mid-air, but that doesn't help you much.
Androxus' mobility consists of 3 straight dashes, which directions you can change with each dash, making it pretty dang hard to hit him with how fast he'll be going.

Survivability

Buck has a heal that heals him for 1000 health over 4 seconds. This isn't necessarily a BAD heal, it helps out when you're fighting someone whose damage is about the same as yours, but if you're fighting someone who outdamages you or more than one person, it becomes completely obsolete. With the recent change of TTK, 1000 health is the equivalent of 2-3 shots from most champions.
Androxus doesn't have a heal (unless you have a card for it), but he does have Reversal, which absorbs ALL of the damage that's done to you from the front in the span of 1.4 seconds and shoots a projectile dealing 75% of that damage back, making Androxus tankier than any other flanker there is.

And now the Ultimates!

Buck's ult refreshes his cooldowns and doubles his damage. This ultimate is good. Everyone likes their damage to be doubled. No problem here.

Androxus' ult is a 4 shot AoE projectile, dealing 1000 damage per shot, 4000 damage in total. This ultimate is what makes Androxus so ridiculous for me. Nobody can survive these other than Fernando. It's sort of a "One Kill Guarantee" ult. It's a fast projectile that has a blast radius that can be shot once every 0.5 seconds. That's pretty harsh, no? 4000 damage in 2 seconds?

Anyhow, my point is that in his current state, Buck isn't a good flanker. Cauterize counters his heal, other flankers have more damage than him and his mobility can be outdone by any other mobility ability in the game. The only thing he has going for him is his 3000 health, which isn't that big of a deal, since it'll take 3 seconds for any other damage dealer to drain it.

tl;dr

Buck is the worst flanker in the game and can barely 1v1 anyone, let alone help out in a teamfight.
Either he needs a buff or other flankers need a nerf.

Ackadian
09-20-2016, 05:16 AM
Buck does 550 damage per shot, so 550 per 0.7 seconds. That's 3300 damage per 4.2 seconds.

Wanna know why this happens? It's because Andy's aim is incredibly small and hard to hit with which means that you have a higher chance to miss a lot of your shots,therefore the ones that you actually do hit should deal considerable damage,judging you also have only 6 bullets and it's more of a gamble shooting with Androxus unless you have a 144 hz monitor and a beast gaming mouse to basically leave the AL do half the aiming for you.
On the other side I haven't seen a single buck missing a shot ever,I can dash,I can do whatever I want,Buck's shrapnel shot just has an area too wide to miss easily,therefore his damage is supposed to be lower than other flankers.

Also you know what counters Androxu's ultimate? Hiding behind cover.Does this sound familiar? *cough* Skye *cough*

Chernobylus
09-20-2016, 05:27 AM
Wanna know why this happens? It's because Andy's aim is incredibly small and hard to hit with which means that you have a higher chance to miss a lot of your shots,therefore the ones that you actually do hit should deal considerable damage,judging you also have only 6 bullets and it's more of a gamble shooting with Androxus unless you have a 144 hz monitor and a beast gaming mouse to basically leave the AL do half the aiming for you.
On the other side I haven't seen a single buck missing a shot ever,I can dash,I can do whatever I want,Buck's shrapnel shot just has an area too wide to miss easily,therefore his damage is supposed to be lower than other flankers.

Also you know what counters Androxu's ultimate? Hiding behind cover.Does this sound familiar? *cough* Skye *cough*

Except Androxus' shots ain't hard to hit at all.

Zeleen
09-20-2016, 05:35 AM
*Copied from my previous comment in another sub-section*

Buck wants to be seen jumping on the backlines as he bait people away from the objective or at least keep backliners worried and looking away from objective or distracting enemy flankers. His role is to disrupt and distract above getting picks much like Winston in OW. That's why he's so bulky and has low firepower. Once the bulk of players figure this out he will be deemed OP.

So yeah... Buck = Gangsta disruptor.

Let it be known across the realm.

Zenatsu
09-20-2016, 06:57 AM
Bucks only big problem is damage...it's wayy too low compared to other flankers. It has more mobility than Androxus.....That jump has no CD and can be lowered with cards. Evie on the other hand is better in every way than buck and Androxus, The most mobile class and can dish out 3k dmg in 3s and pretty easy to hit. Skye is a diff style flank. But Buck Andruxus and evie are same style pretty much.
esp with the longest reload of all chars..4s ffs to be able to kill someone from full hp he usually needs to spend a good 6-8 seconds in engagement..That's just not gonna happen ever you will lose to even barik..

In short...Buck needs his dmg buffed alot in close range then 540 max each 0.9s is stupid.

Im currently lvlling it and it's a real drag..The most annoying thing i had to play in a long time and im somehow managing to get 25+ elimination with that crap.

Edit: Okay forced myself to play a bit more and that's it cant anymore it's pissing me off lol...why the hell reloading a single bullet takes as long as a whole mag for other chars? It's beying stupid who ever designs it just zzz..fck the dmg the reload is just silly.

PSA: No one should be playing buck at all.

Vokzole
09-20-2016, 08:33 AM
tbh, why the heck is Buck even such a big of a size anyway when his main role is a flanker? Viktor can shoot him from the hip from far away and all the shots would land on him. I would see him be smaller and mobile with an auto shotty.

The questionable design choices on Buck make me wonder if he was supposed to be a tanker in the first place.

eOtRiX
09-20-2016, 08:41 AM
When I see someone picl buck in my team, I just quit game.

Zenatsu
09-20-2016, 08:44 AM
tbh, why the heck is Buck even such a big of a size anyway when his main role is a flanker? Viktor can shoot him from the hip from far away and all the shots would land on him. I would see him be smaller and mobile with an auto shotty.

The questionable design choices on Buck make me wonder if he was supposed to be a tanker in the first place.

That was my first take when i saw him..was sure he's a tank...but then i see him as a flanker..and has the lowerst damage output in the game. Who in his right mind did it...I assume it's an old char that never got overhauled for recent changes..

ZionPulse
09-20-2016, 02:51 PM
Buck is not that bad

PTLagger
09-20-2016, 04:12 PM
Primary Fire

The fact that Buck deal 550 dmg per 0.9s. Total clip deal 3300 dmg per 5.4s

BDra
09-20-2016, 04:19 PM

There's so much wrong with this post.

Harder to use is no excuse for making a Champion OP because that can be fixed with training. So no that's not the reason why he's stronger, it's because they didn't balance him yet.

Secondly when did you last play Buck? And no that isn't a reason why he only does 550/0.9s It is because he has easy bonus damage.

Hiding behind cover to evade Androxus his Ultimate? You can't be serious, his AOE is so wide that you can hit everything behind cover by just shooting next to it (let's not forget his AOE has no falloff like most AOE).

BDra
09-20-2016, 04:22 PM
Currently, Buck is the absolute worst flanker. His damage output is below average, his mobility is laughable and his survivability is a joke.

For this comparison, I'll be taking Androxus who is, in my opinion, the best flanker in the game.

Primary Fire

Secondary Fire

Buck has a dinky net throw that slows his target by 2 seconds and slightly increases the damage done to that target by Buck. Pretty straight-forward, except that it's a pretty lousy ability. It used to root, which was actually helpful, but with the amount of mobility everyone has, that slow will be pretty worthless.
Androxus' secondary is a burst of 3 quick shots from his revolver, dealing 300 damage per shot at close to medium range and if all three shots hit someone, the third shot will dish out an extra 800 instead of the usual 300, which means a well placed RMB will dish out a whopping 1400 damage.

Mobility Ability

Buck's mobility consists of a pretty short and slow, straight leap that sends you fling in an arc. Sure, you can steer yourself mid-air, but that doesn't help you much.
Androxus' mobility consists of 3 straight dashes, which directions you can change with each dash, making it pretty dang hard to hit him with how fast he'll be going.

Survivability

Buck has a heal that heals him for 1000 health over 4 seconds. This isn't necessarily a BAD heal, it helps out when you're fighting someone whose damage is about the same as yours, but if you're fighting someone who outdamages you or more than one person, it becomes completely obsolete. With the recent change of TTK, 1000 health is the equivalent of 2-3 shots from most champions.
Androxus doesn't have a heal (unless you have a card for it), but he does have Reversal, which absorbs ALL of the damage that's done to you from the front in the span of 1.4 seconds and shoots a projectile dealing 75% of that damage back, making Androxus tankier than any other flanker there is.

And now the Ultimates!

Buck's ult refreshes his cooldowns and doubles his damage. This ultimate is good. Everyone likes their damage to be doubled. No problem here.

Androxus' ult is a 4 shot AoE projectile, dealing 1000 damage per shot, 4000 damage in total. This ultimate is what makes Androxus so ridiculous for me. Nobody can survive these other than Fernando. It's sort of a "One Kill Guarantee" ult. It's a fast projectile that has a blast radius that can be shot once every 0.5 seconds. That's pretty harsh, no? 4000 damage in 2 seconds?

Anyhow, my point is that in his current state, Buck isn't a good flanker. Cauterize counters his heal, other flankers have more damage than him and his mobility can be outdone by any other mobility ability in the game. The only thing he has going for him is his 3000 health, which isn't that big of a deal, since it'll take 3 seconds for any other damage dealer to drain it.

tl;dr

Buck is the worst flanker in the game and can barely 1v1 anyone, let alone help out in a teamfight.
Either he needs a buff or other flankers need a nerf.

I want to point out 3 things.

1. Using Flanker or any class as a general playstyle is just wrong because they are very general terms and just there to help very new players.
2. You don't ever compare a Champion with the most OP Champion in the game that still needs balancing.
3. Buck isn't supposed to be a 1v1 Champion.

UngryNab
09-20-2016, 04:30 PM
I shall contribute by sharing this 'knowledge' with the newer members!

http://i.imgur.com/VE5W0kM.jpg

Welcome to it!

Chofranc
09-20-2016, 04:57 PM
I didn't used buck yet but i fought with one the other day a literally kick my ass, i was using makoa, that mobility jump that he does is really good from what i saw, it cost me a lot to trying to kill him and the most part of the time i ran, i think that his job fit more on delaying the frontliner more than trying to counter all other flankers from what i saw that day.

Is like makoa that his role is different of an usual tank bullet sponge like fernando with his shield.

Sasquatchias
09-20-2016, 07:09 PM
I shall contribute by sharing this 'knowledge' with the newer members!

http://i.imgur.com/VE5W0kM.jpg

Welcome to it!

Using Beta as a deflection to legitimate feedback is not a smart move to do, and it doesn't make sense in the first considering even after release most games of this sort of genre (that are being actually supported) go under Balance changes and update as well.

Silbergeist
09-20-2016, 08:06 PM
That was my first take when i saw him..was sure he's a tank...but then i see him as a flanker..and has the lowerst damage output in the game. Who in his right mind did it...I assume it's an old char that never got overhauled for recent changes..

Buck was a "warrior" before they changed the classes and couldn't find a place to put him in. Now he's nothing, but have skills that could be considered flanker, so there you have it.

Mundal
09-22-2016, 06:12 AM

Ofcourse Buck wont miss since he has a shotgun type weapon so shrapnels will definitely hit the target and in ideal case i.e. all shrapnels land on target (for which you have to be close to the target) damage is 550 and 800 something for headshot. But in actual game that doesn't happen considering the fact that your target will be constantly moving and so will you, at medium range Buck deals anywhere between 195-300 dmg (don't believe it? try shooting range) and at far distance its only 100. Atleast Andro deals 577 dmg from same medium range i tested and his ultra deals splash of 1000. Buck is just weak, i have yet to see a Buck player in top 3 eliminators at the end of the game.

PTLagger
09-22-2016, 06:39 AM
Buck was a "warrior" before they changed the classes and couldn't find a place to put him in. Now he's nothing, but have skills that could be considered flanker, so there you have it.

Agree! He did great work as an anti-flanker and in 1v1 combat but very bad in 1v2. But now with new TTK and dmg of other Flanker he doesn't fit this role. I just hope Buck become a great anti-flanker like he was

Silbergeist
09-22-2016, 08:13 AM
Yup, it's really sad nowadays you can't 1v1 with Buck anymore, he was basically a 1v1 character, but could also help in teamfights pretty well. Now he's weaker than the rest, but just by some little things Hi-Rez didn't think about when getting him to CB30 onwards.

If you compare his DPS with Grohk's, for instance, even accounting his bonus damage from all his skills, he's still far below, because of the big cooldowns mostly (accounting the reload here), so you could say a damage buff would be the answer, but you see, Buck's too mobile and tanky, and as such, he can't be a high damage dealer, but the problem we have with current Buck isn't damage, but his skills and cooldowns.

If they buffed his Regeneration to make him sustain better at confrontations and against bursts, and did something with this broken reload, all would be nearly perfect. The only thing that would still need work is his net's cooldown, which I think is too high, as he's extremely dependent on it.

I gave better ideas at my other post, but such a great wall of text will never be read, so I'll just leave at this.

SandCube
09-24-2016, 03:10 AM
My number 1 problem with Buck is that he only has 6 rounds and reloads incredibly slow, 1 round at a time. Compared to any other flanker that's really crappy.

Mundal
09-24-2016, 04:15 AM
My number 1 problem with Buck is that he only has 6 rounds and reloads incredibly slow, 1 round at a time. Compared to any other flanker that's really crappy.

Dude Barik who deals 600 damage reloads all shots in at once lol

SandCube
09-24-2016, 04:55 AM

My point exactly...

BDra
09-24-2016, 05:23 AM

He has more and easier bonus damage than most flankers (not counting the OP 2 Evie and Androxus). His reload really needs to be looked at, but it was a first pass at a new system so I'm not worried.

His silly new semi bugged Ultimate doesn't help, he was a lot more useful when he had his wall Ultimate. The bugged part of his Ultimate is because it doesn't auto reload like its tooltip says.

I'm not saying he doesn't need a buff, I'm saying he needs to be fixed and only then he needs to be looked at for balancing.

Ellezard
09-24-2016, 06:37 AM
He has more and easier bonus damage than most flankers (not counting the OP 2 Evie and Androxus). His reload really needs to be looked at, but it was a first pass at a new system so I'm not worried.

His silly new semi bugged Ultimate doesn't help, he was a lot more useful when he had his wall Ultimate. The bugged part of his Ultimate is because it doesn't auto reload like its tooltip says.

I'm not saying he doesn't need a buff, I'm saying he needs to be fixed and only then he needs to be looked at for balancing.

How can he have easier bonus damage than "Most flankers" when he only beat Skye then? That's only 1 out of 3.

BDra
09-24-2016, 07:10 AM
How can he have easier bonus damage than "Most flankers" when he only beat Skye then? That's only 1 out of 3.

Well, to be fair Hi-Rez did a pretty lazy job with naming so called classes. About half the Champions should be played as flankers, but they're not named so.

Silbergeist
09-24-2016, 07:31 AM
I wouldn't say a bonus damage that only comes when you hit a skill on a 14 seconds cooldown is easy to come, but yeah, he has bonus damage, something kind of exclusive to some characters.

Buck's problem is sustain and cooldowns, in my opinion. If you can amend those problems, he'll probably be nice enough. His ult could also be a lot better, even though I think the old Wall one was shitty, so it would be better to stay away from it.

I would be OK with the reload if it was just as fast as any other character, which most reload in 1 second. If it were to keep the slow reload, at least give Buck a lot of ammo, like a 12 gauge shotgun, and make him reload 2 bullets at a time, then we're talking! Or give his reload a passive, as I've already suggested before.

A damage buff could also be the answer, of course, but just as long as it stayed balanced with the game.

Laserman
09-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Unless you're 1v3 you can not die as Buck if you built for survivability
Even then you can often still get away or kill 1-2 of them depending on what you want

Ellezard
09-24-2016, 03:19 PM
Even then you can often still get away or kill 1-2 of them depending on what you want

Buck Survivability is completely destroyed by the anti-heal card.

Silbergeist
09-24-2016, 09:50 PM

Buck sustain 1v3? Really? Maybe old Buck, but the new one really can't. 1v2's already impossible, if you're playing against good players. 1v1 would be the more resonable scenario, and even then, there are characters that can burst 3000 health quite easily, and considering Buck's regeneration isn't instantaneous, it's easily neglegible by any high enough damage.

Then again, Buck's not a front-liner, and even front-liners would have a hard time 1v3, depending more on shields and help from supports, so it makes sense you can't go in against 3, but of course, being able to kind of sustain against 2, considering they're not the kind of players that never miss a shot, would be understandable. As of now, Pip can sustain better than Buck with that health potion of his.

RACASCOU
10-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Agree 100% with Chernobylus, Buck does need some buff (and an original weapon as well).

Jusey1
10-01-2016, 01:07 PM
*Copied from my previous comment in another sub-section*

Buck wants to be seen jumping on the backlines as he bait people away from the objective or at least keep backliners worried and looking away from objective or distracting enemy flankers. His role is to disrupt and distract above getting picks much like Winston in OW. That's why he's so bulky and has low firepower. Once the bulk of players figure this out he will be deemed OP.

So yeah... Buck = Gangsta disruptor.

Let it be known across the realm.

Basically this. I use Buck as more of a distraction. I'm not trying to kill people, I'm trying to catch their attention and due to his jumping ability having such a low cooldown, it's very easy to jump around or between specific spots to keep enemies distracted and on you, while self-healing yourself.

Silbergeist
10-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Buck can actually kill enemies, but he takes longer to do so. While an Androxus scores a triple in 3 seconds, Buck will stay alive for double the time and will probably kill 1 or 2 characters, if he can. I would still give him more sustain, it's pretty hard dealing with those high damage bursts some character's have.

kargon
10-01-2016, 02:53 PM

WOAAAAH. Hold your horses...

OK, let's go down the list here...

Primary Fire

There are some obvious omissions in that statement. Buck has 50% more health, he can initiate AND escape better (both of which do damage), and he can slow his target. Which leads to Net Shot:

If you aren't using Net Shot when you flank, then you are already not playing Buck correctly.

Net Shot does 150 damage, slows the target, and increases damage by 30% over the next 1.5 seconds (2.7 with cards).

350 (initiate from safe range), 150, 632 (30%), 632 (30%), 540, 540, 540, 540 (3,492 dmg)
- Initial Slow
- Less obvious initiate (versus Androxus Nether Step)
- 3000 HP (50% more than Androxus)

Now, to be fair, you shouldn't be sticking around for a full clip. Your burst is basically Initiate > Net > 3-4 Shots > Leave. 4 Shots is 3.6 seconds. Add on 0.1 to start with Net Shot. Initiate is not counted in the burst startup time because you can do it from around corners or over ledges. It's also much less obvious. So let's say this sequence is about 3.8 seconds Total.

350 (Leap landing), 150 (Net Shot), 632 (30%), 632 (30%), 540, 540
- 2,304 burst in 2.7 to 2.9 seconds (3 shots)
- 2,884 burst in 3.6 to 3.8 seconds (4 shots)

Primary Flank Targets you should focus:
3 SHOT BURST: Kinessa, Cassie, Viktor, Ying
4 SHOT BURST: BK, Pip, Grohk
5 SHOT BURST: Grover (but also easier to Headshot, which makes him a 4 SHOT burst with just 1 hit)

This is from full health. Let's now assume that some of these characters are lower in health due to fighting (this is often how you pick targets to flank). Buck's ability to initiate and finish is WAY better. This is where he excels. As mentioned, he can leap (around corners or over ledges) and do:

Leap Land (350), Net Shot (150), Shot (632) for 1,132 damage or 2 shots for 1,764 damage.

The first sequence, from the moment of landing, is 1,132 damage out of NOWHERE. The total time to execute the combo upon landing is like... 0.1 or 0.2 seconds. This will kill Kinessa, Cassie, Viktor, and Ying (and a few pixels off Drogoz) at 50% health before they can react.

This second sequence (one additional shot) from the moment of impact of Heroic Leap is about 1 second.

ONE SECOND... 1,764 damage. Without a headshot. This will kill basically any non-tank character (besides Evie due to Ice Block) in ONE SECOND from the moment of impact, from 50% health. Additionally, it will kill Kinessa, Vassie, Viktor, Ying, and Drogoz at 75% health. One second.

This is the strength of Buck. If you are trying to play him like a warrior, you are on the wrong path.

So to compare:

Androxus all 6 shots: 3,730 damage (0.5 fire rate). Assuming you hold down the button, and from the first shot, that's about 6 shots in 2.5 to 2.7 seconds (starting from first shot being fired, assuming MOSTLY holding down the fire button). Pretty respectable, but take into account that his initiate is much more obvious / loud, and he has 1000 less health.

His damage is great - we all know this. However:

Androxus flanking ability comes from either just walking in (so as to save Nether Step for escape or re-positioning), or Nether Step... which has an obvious tell. His range is much more effective due to less damage drop off, so it's usually wiser to stay at a slight range.

Because of Androxus' general squishiness, being at a slight distance is very smart. You don't want to be right in the center of battle, you want to pop out and kill, and get away from inside medium range. This, by itself, makes him easier to avoid because his 2000 health pool means he can't be in the center of battle like Buck (if only for a short time). Because of that, there is almost always a corner or object to dodge behind to ruin his DPS. This doesn't happen with Buck.

Comparing all of the characters in a vacuum looks good on paper but it doesn't work out as well in real-world scenarios.

Secondary Fire

Net Shot covered above.

Mobility Ability

"Not help you much" is the understatement of the year. First of all, Buck can leap directly straight up into the air. He doesn't have to just leap in at an arc. This is a MAJORLY underestimated part of his skill set. It's crucial to proper initiate, and dueling (outdoors) because it forces your opponent to either be looking straight up, or to look straight up after you leap directly up.

Androxus dash is super obvious. He makes a huge sound every time he does it. It's easy to track him, it also does no damage. They both have uses, and Androxus' is excellent for covering great distances (especially to run down someone with only a few pixels of health left), but to underestimate the utility of Heroic Leap is a massive mistake. Cooldown alone, there is a 4 second difference. Heroic Leap also adds to Bucks DPS.

Survivability

Why are you fighting more than one person at a time? You are a flanker. You should be getting in, eliminating the first target before they even know what happened (see burst examples above), leaving you with a 1 on 1 even if you jumped into a 2v1 scenario.

Buck has more HP than Androxus (we know this). 50% more. If you are going for a tankier build, you should be taking Giga Siphon IV (40% lifesteal while recovery is active), activating Recovery mid-heroic leap, and landing with at leats 3s left of 40% lifesteal AND a heal that is still ticking.

Reversal is hilarious. The moment an Androxus Reversals, I just reload. It's a tell that he's either in-trouble, or that he's trying to set up a nice counter burst. It's easy to react to and it gives you options. Is there no one else around? Leap into the air and come down on him when reversal ends (another 350 + slow), and finish him. People around? Heroic Leap away.

And now the Ultimates!

Androxus Ult has a massive tell on it and can be easily avoided by going around a corner.

You are seriously underestimating Buck's Ultimate. As you mentioned, Buck gets double damage for 6 seconds. EVERY SHOT does 1100 damage, minimum, for 6 seconds (6,600 damage for a full clip). A headshot does 1650. This doesn't even count Net Shot bonus. It also resets ALL of his cooldowns (including Net Shot) and refills his ammo.

Buck's Ult is just downright more versatile. I've used it many times just to reset the CD on Heroic Leap to escape. Even though you CAN use it just for damage, it doesn't mean you have to. It's a tool that gives him more options. Androxus Ult, while very nice / respectable damage, does not have this utility.

tl;dr

Either he needs a buff or other flankers need a nerf.[/quote]

Buck is an incredible flanker. In fact, he's probably the best raw get-in, kill, get-out flanker in the game. He's an eliminator. He can kill you before you see it coming. He's like a tough version of Skye that uses his jump to get in, instead of invisibility.

He's also one of the best duelers in the game.

He absolutely destroys Skye (to the point where he's actually a counter character). He crushes Androus. The only character that really beats him up, is Evie (nice damage, ice block, blink, and the ability to run or chase if need be).

Cauterize? Cauterize counters EVERYONE'S heal. What sort of statement is that? That's not an anti-Buck thing. That's an ANTI-EVERYONE thing. Cauterize doesn't counter his 3000 hp, or his slow, or his initiate/escape. He's way more durable, Cauterize or not.

Also, take Haven if you are worried. This drastically increases your effective health. Adding 10% (minimum) reduced damage on top of 3000 is actually VERY effective. But again, depends on what style you want to play.

If you want to play Tanky-ish Buck, you can. Take Giga Siphon IV, go Haven early and add Life Rip when you can. If you want to play raw flanker/assassin Buck, go Cauterize.

Buck is has many options to choose from in both loadout builds and burn cards. He's also incredibly effective as a straight up flanker / finisher.

Seriously, if Buck was buffed (especially damage), he would immediately go to the top of the charts and be the #1 most complained about Hero in the game. This is because he is ALREADY good, and the moment you put a buffed Buck into the hands of players that are already really effective with him, you'll immediately see crazy backlash.