PDA

View Full Version : Bomb King Stikies damage not being registered?

BMStuga
09-19-2016, 05:33 PM
Know Issues with Bomb king Abilities:

- Sticky Bomb not dealing damage after landing 2 or 3 stickies on enemy hero;

- Sticky bomb dropping to the ground when enemy hero uses mobility skill like Makoa Shell Spin, Barik Rocket Boots, Fernando Charge, Ruckus Advance, Cassie Dodge Roll, Kinessa Transporter, Drogoz Thrust, Viktor Hustle, Grover Vine, Evie Blink and Soar, Buck Heroic Leap and Androxus Nether Step;

- Poppy Bomb not deploying on the floor and going to cooldown (can be caused by high latency or fast pressing buttons)

-Sticky Bomb In-game description says it deals 1000 damage in an area, but the actual damage is 900!. (Confirmed by ThunderBubble)

-Bomb King Weapon skin displays the default skin even if you purchased and equiped a different one. Still displaying black/gold color scheme with different skin! (Confirmed by ThunderBubble)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdhyBwqIeIs&feature=youtu.be

Hello. Going to explain the reason for this bug since having screen shots has been too hard to spot the bug.
I've been playing this game since the beta launch and I'm enjoying it so far, but since it's in beta stage and a reason for a few bugs here and there, there's one that really annoys me and I'm not sure if it's a bug, if not, then the range of king bomb sticky's are damn short.

I've been playing with king bomb for a while and most the times I end up losing 1v1 battle for a few reasons. The first one being that since kings nerf, landing 3 stickies is quite challenging and hard if you aren't good with aiming. So to kill a flanker like Skye or Androxus is most of the times impossible since they can one shot you pretty fast. The other one and the main one is that every time I use detonate on enemies that have one or two stickies on them, the damage doesn't register, don't understand why and at the beginning I didn't even notice, but after a while it gets annoying not winning 90% of the duels with other players. I land one or two sticky bombs and they often retreat or hide behind something so I detonate those stickies but they don't take any damage at all and when we engage again I'm half or less health and they are full life when they didn't have enough time to recover or to lifesteal fom other players.

I hope I'm not seeing things but I'm pretty sure something is happening with the king bomb stickies damage not being registered.

Thats all and thank you,

BMStuga

EDIT 2: Sorry for the wait but had to edit and upload de video to youtube. So here it is.

EDIT 3: Added topics of know issues with bomb king abilities.

Trizzdog
09-19-2016, 07:38 PM
Just had this bug happen to me. Was infuriating not being able to damage anyone when I landed a solid 2-3 stickies on them and triggered them. Needs to be fixed asap or Bomb King is randomly and likely unplayable.

BMStuga
09-19-2016, 07:49 PM
Update: After playing with him for a few more games and paying more attention to whats happening, I found out that the Sticky Bombs after landing 2 or 3 on the enemies they are stuck for a moment and if the enemie dashes like Cassie roll or Buck leap the "sticky" bomb drops on the floor!
But even enemies without dashes are dropping them for some reason

They need to work on it asap or people will get even more toxic with me for not "helping" the team.

Trizzdog
09-19-2016, 08:01 PM
Did another where I chucked and blew singular direct hit stuck'd bombs on a Skye with 500ish hp in an attempt to finish her off. Did it 4 times in a row, no effect on Skye when I finally died as punishment for throwing pillows at her. I really hope the root cause gets found soon. Will see if I can observe the same thing happening to enemy Bomb Kings the next time I play.

BMStuga
09-20-2016, 12:37 AM
Finally I have a video with some gameplay. I will explain in the video where and when the bug happens.

Also I spot a few moments on other games, unfortunately I didn't record it, where the sticky bombs just unstuck from the enemies after I successfully landed them. One was against Drogoz, i hit with 2 stickies and he used thrust and the stickies just fall off of him. Other was against cassie where she dodge roll and left the stickies behind.

Darksik
09-20-2016, 04:33 AM
Yes all F abilities drop stickies off you.

BMStuga
09-20-2016, 05:18 AM
Well then don't call it sticky if it's going to just fall off!!! It's already hard to hit 3 stickies and they can just roll and leave then on the floor!
Also that doesn't justify why most of the times the damage doesn't proc!

Rterhe
09-20-2016, 09:30 AM
It's not just that targets are dashing or removing them, they are staying on the target and just not doing anything. You can see the stickies in the video (as well as from personal experience) are STILL ON THE TARGET when detonated and then do nothing.

If this is an intended part of the kit then there has been some clarity lost, which is causing immense frustration to the BK player though I hope this isn't the case...

Zenatsu
09-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Using a movement skill removes them. No idea if it's intentional.

Rterhe
09-20-2016, 12:36 PM
The problem is that they AREN'T using movement skills, the bombs are staying on the target, and still doing nothing. That can be seen in the video when the OP is using sticky bomb on Grover.

yifflord
09-20-2016, 04:34 PM
bomb king is riddled with bugs and is basically unplayable

i played as him recently where poppy bomb went on cooldown with no effect almost every use, that or the bomb did not launch me at all.

i don't know why ying was made unavailable, but judging from bomb king, it must have been a teeny bit more than just gamebreaking

Trizzdog
09-20-2016, 08:09 PM
Yeah, he's really more like Bug King right now. Even though he's my fav champion and I can have excellent rounds with him (just had one were everything went right, and was bug free), the amount of bugs you'll encounter playing as / against him is insane.

The poppy bomb bug mentioned above is very common, and I've had one case of my sticky bombs disappearing from my hands and only able to flail my arms (animation with no bombs!) and do nothing but grumpy / poppy bomb occasionally. I also "like" the "Get to spam F and die while trying to deploy a real poppy bomb" bug.

I played a few rounds against enemy Bomb Kings today, and I definitely noticed the same bug as yesterday. Sometimes they did damage, and sometimes not. For example, was Viktor, made sure not to use F when he got a bomb or 2 on me, saw him trigger them, took no damage. Later 1 bomb, did take damage.

Yet I still pick him despite all this :(

BMStuga
09-21-2016, 06:15 AM
bomb king is riddled with bugs and is basically unplayable

i played as him recently where poppy bomb went on cooldown with no effect almost every use, that or the bomb did not launch me at all.

i don't know why ying was made unavailable, but judging from bomb king, it must have been a teeny bit more than just gamebreaking

I've also notice that poppybomb is going to cooldown with out the effect and end up dying since I counldn't escape.

I don't know if you guys notice but the range on King Bomb sometimes are wierd (also with Skye ultimate) that I just blew right in the middle of 2 or more enemy heroes and they are totally fine, which in my case I end up dying most of the times with enemy king bomb and Skye ult from far away!!!

Yeah, he's really more like Bug King right now. Even though he's my fav champion and I can have excellent rounds with him (just had one were everything went right, and was bug free), the amount of bugs you'll encounter playing as / against him is insane.

The poppy bomb bug mentioned above is very common, and I've had one case of my sticky bombs disappearing from my hands and only able to flail my arms (animation with no bombs!) and do nothing but grumpy / poppy bomb occasionally. I also "like" the "Get to spam F and die while trying to deploy a real poppy bomb" bug.

I played a few rounds against enemy Bomb Kings today, and I definitely noticed the same bug as yesterday. Sometimes they did damage, and sometimes not. For example, was Viktor, made sure not to use F when he got a bomb or 2 on me, saw him trigger them, took no damage. Later 1 bomb, did take damage.

I agree with you, he is by far my favourite heroe to play, you can make such unique plays and most of the times save your team from losing a game.

It has is own up and downs, most of the times the kit works as intended and I end up doing a great game but at the same time there are moments where I just want to quit the game due to sticky bomb not doing its job.

Also i've notice the other bomb kings having the same problem and one occasion where I fought against one and won the duel dispite him being the first to land all the stickies on me!!
I always end up playing him even if he is unplayble most of the times. :(

JohanDoe
09-21-2016, 06:40 PM
I've noticed that bug as well, very frustrating.
Especially, as you've mentioned before, in a duel situation where you clearly landed those bombs.

Hope this issue is going to be fixed soon.

Lucienus
09-22-2016, 05:30 PM
none of its going to get fixed as long as he's not popular lol. its been months since this poppy bomb thing, and they haven't even mentioned it once. just need a streamer to complain about it and they'll fix it.

ThunderBubble
09-22-2016, 08:53 PM
Also i noticed when i bought a new weapon skin, the bombs that were thrown are still black/gold not blue/silver.
And before you say anything, I did equip it :p

Might wanna add this bug up top.

BMStuga
09-23-2016, 05:11 PM
none of its going to get fixed as long as he's not popular lol. its been months since this poppy bomb thing, and they haven't even mentioned it once. just need a streamer to complain about it and they'll fix it.

I hope not, Bomb King is really awesome to play but often unplayable.

I hope the developers at least gives us a response, even if they say that they are aware of this bug. Just hidding in the shadows and ignoring the fact that Bomb King needs to be look at with this game breaking bug is a bad behaviour of a development team.

If for some reason this is how Bomb King is supposed to be, then they should warn us, Bomb King players, about it through some information.

ThunderBubble
09-23-2016, 07:55 PM
bomb king skin was fixed, atleast in training arena it is. :D

lolz1789
09-23-2016, 11:34 PM

Nice joke at the beginning "Bug King"
If you're lucky, you'll be killed by one suffering lag through one of their abilities such as Grumpy Bomb and you will see through their view of the sticky bombs having failure as if the stickiness doesn't exist.