PDA

View Full Version : Fernando's ultimate

yrbiax
09-19-2016, 03:09 AM
I think Fernando needs offensive ultimate. Its kinda pointless to have defensive ultimate on already tankiest character. Damage boost for his flamethrower or something.

BDra
09-19-2016, 03:28 AM
No it isn't, it's very useful because his Ultimate not only works on him, but on the whole team around him. In an FPS game 4 seconds of immortality for multiple players is really strong. We have enough unbalanced Ultimates as it is, no reason to take away one of the few that actually are balanced.

Chofranc
09-19-2016, 06:56 PM
Fernando is a tank which means that he do less damage than other characters, the role of a tank in this game is either to delay the enemy's, hold/push the line the most time that you can or trick them to shoot you while your damager or flanker teammates kill the ones that are shooting you, so boosting the damage it would be a bad idea, the ulti that he have right now is good since increase his survival and the one of your teammates too, those 4 sec. can save your teammates from dying and make your team win.

ChaosAnimagic
09-19-2016, 07:00 PM
BTW, Fernando can still shoot his Flamelancer during his Ult, which means he can attack you while you can't attack him. Also, it works for his entire Party too...

Zenatsu
09-20-2016, 06:14 AM
Fernando is a tank which means that he do less damage than other characters, the role of a tank in this game is either to delay the enemy's, hold/push the line the most time that you can or trick them to shoot you while your damager or flanker teammates kill the ones that are shooting you, so boosting the damage it would be a bad idea, the ulti that he have right now is good since increase his survival and the one of your teammates too, those 4 sec. can save your teammates from dying and make your team win.

You know very well that the idea of a tank doing less damage than damage lets say doesnt really happen in Paladins.
It needs some serious balancing. Pip and Grohk are one of the highest damage dealers along with Rucks and it's not their role. I mean Grohk can dish out 4k in under 3s. Most Damage roles cant do that..

And anyway Fernando damage is totally fine it's not low at all and only limited by range..get close and he'll chew up anyone.

His Ulti does feel a bit short tho another second or 2 would feel better IMO.

ZionPulse
09-20-2016, 01:50 PM
His ult fits his role

Mundal
09-22-2016, 12:52 PM
I think Fernando needs offensive ultimate. Its kinda pointless to have defensive ultimate on already tankiest character. Damage boost for his flamethrower or something.

Yes, his ultra is useless given the fact that no one really stays around you to take its benefit. 4 seconds is way too less.

Madye
09-22-2016, 01:02 PM
I don't think it's too less, if the game was based around Team Death match, then it might be a pretty weak ult, but when it come to an objective based game, it can be really strong, if you use it to keep your team alive when you're trying to push the payload that final step, it can make the entire difference. You can also your teamate with low hp just long enough for your support to get them back in shape. it's not useless, it's just a more strategic ult.

VarenWolf
09-22-2016, 01:06 PM
Yes, his ultra is useless given the fact that no one really stays around you to take its benefit. 4 seconds is way too less.

Think ult is weak lol, Well Its good balance ult it helps keep him alive when damage dealers are spamming an objective and anyone with him. Then also it saves you from Drogoz ult which is fun to deny and a pain to deal with.

Mundal
09-22-2016, 01:25 PM
Think ult is weak lol, Well Its good balance ult it helps keep him alive when damage dealers are spamming an objective and anyone with him. Then also it saves you from Drogoz ult which is fun to deny and a pain to deal with.

Yea except for the fact that to deny drogo's ultra you need to have your ultra ready of which chances are highly unlikely since you'll have to save up your ultra for drogo's ultra (forgetting the need for it to use when your teammates are taking damage) or to spend an ultra to counter enemy ultra just dumb. This is my 6th day in game and i have already clocked over 42 hours in the game, so far i haven't witnessed his ultra turn the tide of battle.

VarenWolf
09-22-2016, 01:32 PM
Yea except for the fact that to deny drogo's ultra you need to have your ultra ready of which chances are highly unlikely since you'll have to save up your ultra for drogo's ultra (forgetting the need for it to use when your teammates are taking damage) or to spend an ultra to counter enemy ultra just dumb. This is my 6th day in game and i have already clocked over 42 hours in the game, so far i haven't witnessed his ultra turn the tide of battle.

Its because its hard to see in pub or in some cases ranked because people don't know how to organize it correctly you have to do it just right.

Miragen
09-22-2016, 01:35 PM
Basicly a worse version of Grovers ultimate.

Sasquatchias
09-22-2016, 03:08 PM
Basicly a worse version of Grovers ultimate.

This is basically my thought on the matter - Grover can essentially do what Fernando does with the ridiculous healing on his ultimate, but has the benefit of keeping his teammates at full health.

Fernando on the other hand keeps his teammates alive, but doesn't have the benefit of healing his teammates back to full, allowing them to still be shot down the minute his ult wears off.

Trizzdog
09-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Grover's ult healing might need to be toned down. We've shut it down before with damage, but that was because we had a solid Kinessa and Androxus burst him down with double headshots!

Would be nice to differentiate by making Fernando's never die, full stop, but left vunerable after the cooldown (so basically left as is), and Grover's healing like 500-1000 damage a second, enough to negate moderate damage or refresh the team for another fight, but not so much to effectively make everyone immortal.

Anyways, I like Fernando's ult. Just the right amount of power and effectiveness. Not that great with pub games and self minded Fernandos, but with a proper team, it makes a huge difference when pushing people off the objective or soaking up ult spam from the enemy.

Miragen
09-22-2016, 04:14 PM
I don't think Grovers ult is that overpowered, you can still get shut down by a number of ults, Pip, Skye, Bomb King, Drogoz on top of that it's pretty rare as it takes quite some time to charge up, and rather situational for it to be effective.

Atleast in my list it would fall way below problematic ults from Skye and Drogoz, which lack counters in the first place and the frequency of them, especially Drogoz is nothing short of insane.

VarenWolf
09-22-2016, 05:07 PM
I don't think Grovers ult is that overpowered, you can still get shut down by a number of ults, Pip, Skye, Bomb King, Drogoz on top of that it's pretty rare as it takes quite some time to charge up, and rather situational for it to be effective.

Atleast in my list it would fall way below problematic ults from Skye and Drogoz, which lack counters in the first place and the frequency of them, especially Drogoz is nothing short of insane.

I will admit Drogoz's ult is up a lot, however I agree Fernando sits in a good spot with his ult honestly.

bvirus
09-22-2016, 06:38 PM

Not true. I used Fernando's ult twice just today (in casuals) for exactly the purpose of denying Drogoz's ult. Apart from being incredibly useful, it's hilarious to watch the Drogoz get triggered and focus fire you down the whole game thereafter.

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it isn't used for that purpose.

Miragen
09-22-2016, 06:55 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't keep up with Drogoz his recharging at all, it probably recharges faster as Cassie her lame one.
You might use it twice, but he used it a dozen times more aside from the 2 times you blocked it, and you having to use your ult on that is equally if not more beneficial to the other team.

bvirus
09-22-2016, 07:58 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't keep up with Drogoz his recharging at all, it probably recharges faster as Cassie her lame one.
You might use it twice, but he used it a dozen times more aside from the 2 times you blocked it, and you having to use your ult on that is equally if not more beneficial to the other team.

Since you have absolutely no idea of the situation, making assumptions like "it was probably more useful to the other team" is asinine.

Also, so what? I didn't say that the only thing Fernando's ult is good for is stopping Drogoz's ult. I just said that for those two times, I was able to stop him with it. I was replying to another person who basically said "because I've never seen it, it never happens".

Miragen
09-22-2016, 08:23 PM
Since you have absolutely no idea of the situation, making assumptions like "it was probably more useful to the other team" is asinine.

Also, so what? I didn't say that the only thing Fernando's ult is good for is stopping Drogoz's ult. I just said that for those two times, I was able to stop him with it. I was replying to another person who basically said "because I've never seen it, it never happens".

I'm saying that you barely get those ultimates compared to Drogoz, and you can only counter them very rarely then, which doesn't make it a reasonable counter as Mundal also stated, and that it would not be worth countering Drogoz unless it happens to be the perfect scenario where you need to use your ult and Drogoz happens to use his at the same time.

Which is highly unlikely as stated.

Twitchybird
09-22-2016, 10:04 PM
Yeah i agree simply because Fernando is WAY too strong as he is right now. If the other team has Fernando and yours doesnt you automatically lose 9 times out of 10.

bvirus
09-23-2016, 03:52 PM
Yeah i agree simply because Fernando is WAY too strong as he is right now. If the other team has Fernando and yours doesnt you automatically lose 9 times out of 10.

No he isn't. He really isn't. He's a tank - he isn't meant to be easy to take down. Just get wrecker, or if you can't bring yourself to do that, choose Fernando yourself.

astroASMR
01-20-2017, 08:12 AM
the updates have screwed up his ultimate there is a massive lag, i bash the 'e' key and nothing happens
you die then you hear fernando shout out his slogan when activating the slogan AFTER you die

i've even heard it happen with enemies using fernando too, die then you hear the shouting of the slogan

so let me get this straight a ultimate that locks you into place, whilst you lose massive amount of hp and now there is a lag and takes ages for it to come out.

xRevy
01-20-2017, 10:54 AM
Fernando's Ult is actually one of the best ultimates in the game. He is able to essentially nullify every single ultimate aimed at him and his nearby team mates. Skye's bomb? Denied Ruckus Hexa? Denied Drogoz Cheese? Denied it can even protect your team mates from combo ults like evies and pips ult combined, you pop that ult and all those chickens are safe. It may not seem useful for you in casual pubs but in a somewhat coordinated team its one of the essential ults. The fact that Fernando's ult stands out as one of the best in an environment of mostly offensive cheese ults should tell you how good it is.

ArtCrusade
01-20-2017, 11:09 AM
Meanwhile his damage output is low. He basically is a walking shield with some healing reduction when his RMB is on CD.

Muminette
01-20-2017, 11:25 AM
Meanwhile his damage output is low. He basically is a walking shield with some healing reduction when his RMB is on CD.

When you know how to play Fernando and use a good deck, he can be a tanky killing machine that is very hard to be killed. He can singlehandedly stall an overtime until your team respawn and get back to the point. Not to mention the Flanknado playstyle. But, of course, you have to be good as him. Tbh the skill condition applies to most - if not all - of the champions.

Atilah
01-20-2017, 11:38 AM
I'm Fernando 18 mastery and I think that his ultimate it's really nice. Wtf are you saying guys xD

Muminette
01-20-2017, 03:44 PM
I'm Fernando 18 mastery and I think that his ultimate it's really nice. Wtf are you saying guys xD

Idk, really. Fernando's ult is one of the best in the game.