PDA

View Full Version : Competitive Play idea

ThunderBubble
09-19-2016, 12:57 AM
Hello, I understand why you have to level up 12 champions to level 4. But 12 is kinda insanely a lot, Perhaps Half of the Champions, 8 because i do understand that you need to know champions to play competitive, but 12 takes forever to level up, perhaps it's just me, but I'd like for there only to be half the champions needed to be level 4.

new2destroyou
09-19-2016, 10:39 AM
Hello, I understand why you have to level up 12 champions to level 4. But 12 is kinda insanely a lot, Perhaps Half of the Champions, 8 because i do understand that you need to know champions to play competitive, but 12 takes forever to level up, perhaps it's just me, but I'd like for there only to be half the champions needed to be level 4.

You do realize that 10 champions are picked in the draft mode right? So you need to have 12 so you at least have 2 spare.

tommyspi66
03-10-2017, 04:30 AM

I feel the same way i also feel that you should be able to change champions in game. I think this because what if the other team picks all you're counters by luck what are you going to do? Just sit there and lose thats it. Also you should be able to play the same champion in both teams in competitive, such as you pick fernando but so can the other team.

tommyspi66
03-10-2017, 04:31 AM
You do realize that 10 champions are picked in the draft mode right? So you need to have 12 so you at least have 2 spare.

Why should we level up champions or at least buy them.

BubbeIs
03-10-2017, 04:58 AM
I have to disagree. 12 champs might even be too few.

Brodeo
03-10-2017, 06:27 AM

Terrible idea. And I'm going to tell you why.

You can't have doubles of a champ, even on opposite teams, because this is a team strategy game and not OW or CoD. So in every game there will be exactly 10 differd t champions.

There is a draft selection process. If you don't know what that is, set up a custom game and selection the Draft option. Basically, the teams take turns picking champions two players at a time, and the order that each individual player can choose a champ in is determined by the game and you cannot change it.

With these two game mechanics together, you may very well be the last (10th) player to pick a champion. At this point, 9 champions are already taken. If your 8 champs that are level 4 are taken, you now have to play someone you have done less than 6 matches with. You are going to suck. Your team will hate you. You will lose.

In games like this, you really need to have all of the champions unlocked and have a basic understanding of how they work. This is both so you can fill in needed roles, and so you will know what to expect of the enemy team.

I actually think they need to change competitive requirements. Everyone should be required to get 4 champions from each role to level 6. That means regardless of what your team composition is doubling up on, you can be the second one of those champions even of the enemy team doubles up on it too.

Obviously, you should really have all of the champions above a certain mastery level. If you're (not you specifically, a hypothetical player) the last to pick and tell me that you haven't unlocked the one champion that we're suggesting for you, then I email HiRez a support ticket with a screenshot of the conversation because HOLY SHIT HIREZ THAT IS AN ISSUE I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH.

ETESZ
03-10-2017, 07:46 AM
LOL in fact 12 its not hard, i did it in lvl 18-19 and in 1 week playing. I think they need to make it 16 champs lvl 6 to play competitive, so we dont have noobs on competitive :D

I play for like 2 weeks and im almost lvl 30, already unlocked all the champions and 4/5 of the cards. I did all the achievements.

Crowen9
03-10-2017, 07:49 AM
12 is not even enough, you can't pick effectively if you don't have the majority of characters unlocked.
Besides, in it's current broken state, competitive is not something you should look forward to.