PDA

View Full Version : Competative Needs Changing

Tricked
09-18-2016, 05:43 PM
Competative ranks should be set by wins and losses not by Champions, I literally have like 2-3 champions I like and want to rank but they keep getting stolen so the games feel like a waste of time, might only be me though, but it's seriously annoying

Kadurkel
09-18-2016, 07:51 PM
Yup there should be an account ELO with divisions (bronze till master) with ACTUAL working matchmaking.

Right now nobody has any idea of their overall skill level, just how good they are at killing people with (overpowered) champions.

KingStarfire
09-19-2016, 01:58 AM
If this game doesnt use ELO (just started during the steam Open Beta), it would good idea to KEEP NOT DOING IT. Overwatch has already proven enough that it doesnt work this kind of game unless its a premade or clan.

Kadurkel
09-19-2016, 02:48 AM
If this game doesnt use ELO (just started during the steam Open Beta), it would good idea to KEEP NOT DOING IT. Overwatch has already proven enough that it doesnt work this kind of game unless its a premade or clan.

The ELO system is made for 1vs1 games like chess with very little variables, it's never going to be accurate for 5vs5 multiplayer videogames, but it works reasonably well.

Krazesan
09-21-2016, 02:49 PM
Bump. Steam stats have proven that we got decent amount of players playing. We should have normal soloQ matchmaking with ranking based on overall win/loss ratio

SwippyOG
09-21-2016, 04:49 PM
Competative ranks should be set by wins and losses not by Champions, I literally have like 2-3 champions I like and want to rank but they keep getting stolen so the games feel like a waste of time, might only be me though, but it's seriously annoying

I agree 100%
Just make ranked for your account elo. Not champion specific elo. What is weird and I'm barley able to play the champ I want to rank anyway.