PDA

View Full Version : What hirez doesnt want you to know

LlamaHan
09-18-2016, 03:56 PM
Hi-Rez is RENOWNED for their transparency, but they have FAILED to be transparent this time. I have found a pattern. a specific pattern that has bugged me since the games open beta launch.
I've always wondered, how is it that THIS MANY PEOPLE are online at 2AM playing this just released game? when the que time was about half a second.
I've wondered why my teammates do the same thing over and over in the pregame lobby, jumping, shooting twice and doing their emote. over, and over.
I've wondered how in gods name did my skye just walk into the enemy team like a damage dealer and just suicide.

If you have wondered too, I have the answer
there are BOTS in this game, PACKED, and Hi-Rez doesn't want you to know.

How did I confirm this?
I was playing a match with my friend, and we were having fun. He eventually dc'd... but his champion was still playing. That is when we verified there is an ai that takes over champions without you knowing.

In almost any game, league of legends, overwatch, you name it, THERE WILL BE PEOPLE that talk in the post game chat. Always. They want to discuss the match or just say gg and leave. But why is it then, that NO ONE EVER TALKS in the post game chat? hmmm...

Bots are fine, they are much better than just no player at all. BUT WHEN YOU DONT KNOW whether or not a player is a bot or a human being, things get fishy, let me tell you why. It is clear that these bots exist to give players an illusion that this game has an extreme player base. Any game with bots do it, they let you know there is a bot. Like take CS:GO for example, if a player disconnects you can clearly see a BOT took over the platyer. Better yet, YOU CAN POSSESS this bot to balance out the game.

This is my final point. Bots are great, and I think they are a positive thing for any game. However, there is no compensation for bots. In Paladins you won't know whether or not you will in solely on the fact that you may have bots. Just in my last game I know I had a full team of bots, because they said nothing in chat, and only use v-commands. Not to mention how horrible they were in the match. IF YOU'RE GOING TO HIDE THE FACT YOU BOT YOUR OWN GAME AT LEAST give the players something to fall back on.

I get the game is in beta, but this specific thing triggered me so hard. That is only because of how great of a company I know Hi-Rez is, and for them to hide something like this is very disappointing. I hope Hi-Rez takes some steps to alleviate this issue, I'm sick of it.

Nabukodonozo
09-18-2016, 04:05 PM
how is it that THIS MANY PEOPLE are online at 2AM playing this just released game?
Timezones.
And why would they bot the game? It makes no sense. And why do competitive queue takes 10 minutes if they are botting.

KicksBrickster
09-18-2016, 04:13 PM
I was playing a match with my friend, and we were having fun. He eventually dc'd... but his champion was still playing. That is when we verified there is an ai that takes over champions without you knowing.

This is an intended feature that Hi-Rez hasn't exactly kept secret. It's to prevent disconnecting from completely upsetting the balance of the game. They will take back over immediately if they reconnect.

Here's a tip: a bot always has a one-word name that seems to be picked at random. You can tell if you are playing in a bot match by looking for that.

The first few matches are also always against bots, and you may have bots on your team as well in these matches.

BDra
09-18-2016, 04:24 PM
This is an intended feature that Hi-Rez hasn't exactly kept secret. It's to prevent disconnecting from completely upsetting the balance of the game. They will take back over immediately if they reconnect.

Here's a tip: a bot always has a one-word name that seems to be picked at random. You can tell if you are playing in a bot match by looking for that.

The first few matches are also always against bots, and you may have bots on your team as well in these matches.

^This
/10char

LlamaHan
09-18-2016, 04:25 PM
THIS MAY NOT APPLY FOR COMPETETIVE QUE. I guess hi-rez isnt that sly. But it is still a confirmed thing, Timeozones don't play a factor in this after research, trust me I thought it was timezones too. test it with your friend, tell him to disconnect and just watch. You wont get any warning, you won't even know he disconnected.

BDra
09-18-2016, 04:31 PM
THIS MAY NOT APPLY FOR COMPETETIVE QUE. I guess hi-rez isnt that sly. But it is still a confirmed thing, Timeozones don't play a factor in this after research, trust me I thought it was timezones too. test it with your friend, tell him to disconnect and just watch. You wont get any warning, you won't even know he disconnected.

Come on, you can't be that daft... read the explanation given to you by KicksBrickster

MagicFighter
09-18-2016, 04:33 PM
You can take off your tinfoil hat my friend.

People here are more than happy to discuss things with you.