PDA

View Full Version : Evie balance idea

bL1nk94
09-18-2016, 12:11 PM
Hello! There's no denying the most overpowered champion in the game right now is Evie. In the hands of very skilled players she absolutely wrecks entire teams. Even in the hands of average players on the champion that have a good game sense, she's still pretty much unplayable against as some champions. Even the so-called "op" Androxus has a very bad time when he's jumped by Evie, given his low hp pool, he can get most of the time 2-shotted from behind by Evie: Blink behind, hit, hit again, soar away, blink on top of him, kill, which is not normal. And that's considering Androxus has 3 dashes. The 160% blink distance increase is just enough to keep up with him.
My idea for balancing Evie is this:
Increase the cooldown of blink by 2-3 seconds. Give blink 400 damage on departure and arrival, like Meepo from Dota(kind of the same damage that blink+attack has on people), but take out the bonus 30% to the left-click after blinking. That way, only skilled players can deal the intented damage. Make soar cooldown 7 seconds. Remove ice block and replace it with a spell that instead of making her immune to damage, makes her invisible for 2 seconds and deals aoe slow of 80%. Keep ultimate the same. Decreasing her uptime and removing her "fuck-up correction free-pass" she has in the ice block, raises her skill-cap. She still deals the same damage, or maybe more considering the blink damage on departure, but only skilled players will be able to actually play the champion to the full potential. The way she is now, ranked games are unplayable against her, unless you have an entire team-comp that can stand on the point forever.

BDra
09-18-2016, 12:52 PM
Maybe next time don't post a big wall of text.

Anyway, there's only 1 change I want to see to Evie: Change the Blink bonus damage from 4 seconds to the first shot after Blink.

There is also a general change that I want to see that will influence her the most: Give all cooldown reduction cards prerequisites, some already have and those are at least balanced.

There are a lot of views on how to balance her, but one thing everyone agrees about: She's to strong.

Yiaz
09-18-2016, 01:58 PM
Just nerf everything about her cooldowns and damage, and give her projectile speed back

ZionPulse
09-18-2016, 02:50 PM
Maybe next time don't post a big wall of text.

Anyway, there's only 1 change I want to see to Evie: Change the Blink bonus damage from 4 seconds to the first shot after Blink.

There is also a general change that I want to see that will influence her the most: Give all cooldown reduction cards prerequisites, some already have and those are at least balanced.

There are a lot of views on how to balance her, but one thing everyone agrees about: She's to strong.

Your really have it out for big walls of text eh?

BDra
09-18-2016, 03:52 PM
Your really have it out for big walls of text eh?

Yes, I'm lazy and I like my text easy to read. :)

Vampireous
09-18-2016, 06:47 PM
She is powerful but easy to drop. 1 fully powered shot from Kinessa and shes dead. her mobility is her only way to survive and her rate of fire is slow so it could use the power considering it takes a lifetime for the projectile to reach its target. I kill her all the time if she doesnt run away while I'm Androxus, so I dont think shes op and both androxus and evie takes skill to use and stay alive. people are asking to nerf characters because they are getting owned by people who know how to use them. Evie users have to predict opponents movements to hit targets and Androxus does next to NO damage at a distance.

Sourdust
09-18-2016, 07:38 PM

I'd like to second that, sounds like a very graceful nerf to me.

Miragen
09-18-2016, 08:30 PM
Skill, right.
You just jump on top of everyone and if you don't happen to kill them somehow, you use iceblock and after that you're gone.

ThunderBubble
09-19-2016, 12:43 AM
Evie is IMO is balanced, she is very good in the right hands, like vampireous said. I use her a lot, and she has extremely low health, she doesn't need a Nerf, A new player to Evie will die a lot, and won't do anything, it's all in the way you play her. It's like that will all champions, not just Evie.

bL1nk94
09-19-2016, 04:29 AM
Guys, I don't know if you've ever met at least a platinum Evie, if you think she's balanced. The second you will meet at least a platinum one, you won't think that anymore. Hell, if you run into Endz, Laizy or Bugzy, you'll want you gouge your eyes out with a knife, if they are on the enemy team on this champion. Just play competitive now, until matchmaking gets implemented, so that maybe you meet a top 10 Evie player. You'll see what everyone means by op after that.

Vampireous
09-21-2016, 06:28 AM
Ive actually been killed whilst in iceblock so, dont know how just have

bL1nk94
09-21-2016, 08:57 AM
You are supposed to blink away before ice block ends and just soar after that. If you stay in place and wait for ice block to end and try to blink after, if you are low or half hp, you might get killed before you even get to blink or soar. I think you just stood there waiting for it to end and thought that you can blink then. Well, most of the time, if there's a Viktor or Androxus that see you doing that, they will keep shooting at the ice block when it should end and you will die the second the animation is over.

VarenWolf
09-21-2016, 09:15 AM
Well here's the thing she has a small Hp pool and yes the ice block and everything is annoying as hell, and sure she is strong and yes some balancing things need be done, same with majority of Champions, but I do like that blink bonus damage to be toned down.

BMStuga
09-21-2016, 09:57 AM
I have a suggestion:

- Ice Block having a debuff that makes Evie unable to Soar. Debuff: Brain Freeze - Evie is unable to Soar for 3 or 4 seconds after using Ice Block

She can blink but for a short period, like 4s, she cant soar away from battle, that the annoying part of evie kit, is she can:
1- Blink in;
2- Kill Enemy;
3- get caught by other player;
4- Takes damage;
5- Almost dead;
6- Ice Block;
7- Soar Away!;
8- Recover health;
9- Repeat.

So even she can blink away but not far you still have a chance to take her down.

Also as mentioned make her Blink bonus damage to a single.

ThunderBubble
09-21-2016, 12:51 PM
You are supposed to blink away before ice block ends.

I read somewhere they are to remove the feature of blink whilst in ice block. Which would mean you ice block, you die.

Also just wondering has anyone that's posted on this thread play her? She only has one damage attack. most others have multiple attacks, she has one. If you take away her only attack, she has nothing.

khungbovip
10-15-2017, 12:37 PM
12345568883+;#;$-+#+@-

Eloxist
10-15-2017, 01:38 PM
Don't Necro threads.

Wallachia
10-15-2017, 01:47 PM
As he said.

Closed.