PDA

View Full Version : Nerf or Ban Skye

JuanVGC
09-18-2016, 06:18 AM
i enjoy paladins so much its become one of my favourite games but each day i play it i get less intrested about it mainly beacuse of skye it just seems like anybody can use it and get win with it it can go invisble getting behind you pretty easy it also does lots of dmg and its alt is amazaing beacuse half the time you dont know the bombs there

its really an OP champ i dont know if its just me that thinks this but if its not it needs a Nerf Or Ban

BDra
09-18-2016, 06:37 AM
She's only a bit strong at early levels. Once you get the hang of the game and how others of your team move, she'll be far less of a problem.

Roster
09-18-2016, 06:45 AM
You have a burncard who counter her..

Zeleen
09-18-2016, 08:21 AM
As a new player she is definitely among the annoying OP ones. I think her main fire is just obscenely fast for no reason and her ult just too damn strong. I don't mind her short stealth I mind the power that comes with it.

LunarSvnt
09-18-2016, 08:21 AM
guys, skye isnt that much of a issue. she hurts ALOT yeah but she was much worse back then. her ult used cover so much ground before and DOT was crazy. now a days shes alright but still a threat. if your using characters with knock back or something like that you can i guess use that much hitting skye with a makoa anchor is basically gonna be the end of her if your team sees it

ZionPulse
09-18-2016, 09:15 AM
Only players who are seasoned veterans are good

BDra
09-18-2016, 09:48 AM
Only players who are seasoned veterans are good

if only that was true :(

LEEB
09-19-2016, 12:44 AM
I agree, she does insane damage close range, getting behind you is easy as hell, and her ult is almost impossible to avoid.

BDra
09-19-2016, 04:31 AM
I agree, she does insane damage close range, getting behind you is easy as hell, and her ult is almost impossible to avoid.

She has a very low total damage on her Clip (even lower than Makoa).
She can get behind you, but if you're positioned decently that doesn't matter.
Her Ultimate is really easy to avoid, you hear her placing it and you just walk out or you just make sure it isn't in line of sight (not in line of sight = no effect on you).

Thiau
09-19-2016, 05:21 AM
She is Tier 2 , there is way stronger champions than her right now , especialy with all the bugs she has .

eOtRiX
09-19-2016, 06:03 AM
I generally play Skye and I remember I got 1 hit from Kinessa and 2-3 arrows from Cassie. But Im not considering them OP because this game is designed as 5v5 battle so you cant think of things as its 1v1 PVP game. You counter your enemy with cards and heroes.

BDra
09-19-2016, 06:19 AM
I generally play Skye and I remember I got 1 hit from Kinessa and 2-3 arrows from Cassie. But Im not considering them OP because this game is designed as 5v5 battle so you cant think of things as its 1v1 PVP game. You counter your enemy with cards and heroes.

How dare you, using logic isn't allowed!

fieryred
09-19-2016, 06:33 AM

BDra they are new players they don't know how stuff works

NatsumeHack
09-19-2016, 09:23 AM

Logic on this forum?

Quick Call the mod to ban them for trying to bring sense and Logic, to this wonderland of a forum.

Grenoble
09-23-2016, 09:56 PM
Her Ultimate is really easy to avoid, you hear her placing it and you just walk out or you just make sure it isn't in line of sight (not in line of sight = no effect on you).

That's not true at all. LoS has never blocked the ult for me (some people say it will in certain areas), and the range is enormous. The visual for the ult is walkable, but the damage range is probably twice as big.

I think she gets "weaker" as people progress simply because she's great at picking off solos, and better players stick together.

feralknights
09-24-2016, 12:15 AM
That's not true at all. LoS has never blocked the ult for me (some people say it will in certain areas), and the range is enormous. The visual for the ult is walkable, but the damage range is probably twice as big.

I think she gets "weaker" as people progress simply because she's great at picking off solos, and better players stick together.

Full disclosure: I mainline Skye, she is love and life.

LOS blocks Skye's ult as long as the cover is big enough to cover the character's hurtbox. If you're hiding behind a post or a pole or something, you're toast, but if you can duck behind tall rocks or big boxes even Fernando can run away instead of burning up his shield. I actually do think they need to make the icon indicating where the time bomb is dropped more obvious.

@Grenoble: IMO, all flankers get "weaker" the longer a match goes on, but I agree in part-- it's more obvious in Skye's case because she's very much designed to be a one-on-one duelist while you have folks like Evie that can cause splash damage.

The only way you're going to melt a guy with Skye is if you pop up behind them point-blank and unload with a full clip and land almost every hit of her poison arrows. Tanks are probably going to survive the full salvo before they move on-- and most players are on the lookout for Skye since she's got the defenses and HP of a wet tissue. Viktors or good Barik drive me up the wall since if he can drop a shield and two turrets at the right places, she gets rampaged.

TL;DR: Play smart, listen for her heels hitting the ground or the smoke bomb pop, and if you hear the tic-tic-tic of her autocrossbow, check sides/flank. Trust me, you can take her down! She doesn't need any adjustments right now.

Zenatsu
09-25-2016, 09:51 AM
She has a very low total damage on her Clip (even lower than Makoa).
She can get behind you, but if you're positioned decently that doesn't matter.

Clip damage means nothing when you literally have no reload time..She'll reload 3 times by the time other will finish a single clip.
If she gets behind you, 9/10 times you'll die
Her ulti isnt that simple to avoid in some areas of the map, getting out of range is impossible for most champs because their movement ability doesn't take them far enough only like 3-4 champs can get out of range. Not all walls block it and while the cart is moving it doesn't block it as well. So no you cant just walk out of it lol.

The only real counter to her stealth is Cassie's Ulti, the item is a joke as it doesn't revel her for 1sec after she uses a skill. And why do i need to spend my Item because she's the enemy? That Item exists only because of her she's the only class that can stealth and it's useless vs anyone else..unlike the rest of the items.

Anyway skye's position right now is kind of BS. Too unique with no proper counter.
Need a champ skill that prevents her from going stealth or some item that does that similar to healing debuff. She's the only with no real counter.

KicksBrickster
09-25-2016, 10:25 AM
Clip damage means nothing when you literally have no reload time..She'll reload 3 times by the time other will finish a single clip.
If she gets behind you, 9/10 times you'll die
Her ulti isnt that simple to avoid in some areas of the map, getting out of range is impossible for most champs because their movement ability doesn't take them far enough only like 3-4 champs can get out of range. Not all walls block it and while the cart is moving it doesn't block it as well. So no you cant just walk out of it lol.

The only real counter to her stealth is Cassie's Ulti, the item is a joke as it doesn't revel her for 1sec after she uses a skill. And why do i need to spend my Item because she's the enemy? That Item exists only because of her she's the only class that can stealth and it's useless vs anyone else..unlike the rest of the items.

Anyway skye's position right now is kind of BS. Too unique with no proper counter.
Need a champ skill that prevents her from going stealth or some item that does that similar to healing debuff. She's the only with no real counter.

Actually, her needing to reload when the enemy doesn't puts her at a disadvantage. If you're reloading, you're not shooting, which means they can easily kill you and your bonus damage will run out. In most cases when I die as Skye it's because I couldn't reload in time to get in the final blow. Skye should be able to kill you from behind, as that is after all what she is designed to do.

I believe we call that good ultimate positioning on her part. However it does need a significant nerf.

There are more hard counters. Barik's turrets, Kinessa's mines, and several other champion cards reveal Skye. If you choose not to take Illuminate or another counter, don't get mad that she's able to sneak up on you.

Onyxys
09-25-2016, 10:37 AM
I fully agree. This character is an unbalanced piece of sh*t. Inviz, movement speed and fire power. WTF? Why the developers still didnt nerf her?

Also ULT is something. 5000 damage, are you serious? This ULT impossible to avoid because the pause is very little

Dear developers, if you want to compete with Overwatch, you must have a perfect balance it the game

Jusey1
09-25-2016, 10:52 AM
I personally consider her ultimate to be way too powerful, or glitchy. One way or another. I get killed a lot by it but I always go for cover... She'll have it placed outside and I'll be in the building nearby, behind a wall and still get hit somehow, for example... No idea what's going on there personally.

Personally, if you ask me, it needs a smaller radius (a bit smaller, not a huge ton) and do less damage (3,000 instead of 5,000 - 600 damage a second for five seconds instead of 1,000) while also having the poison effect be cure-able by Support characters. However, also add in a new attribute to the weapon where it can stick to enemies and a stuck enemies will take the full blown 5,000 damage.

The idea with this change is to make her ultimate have a specific use instead of area control (she's a stealth character, she shouldn't be area control if you ask me). This specific use is more of to target someone important and who will be near teammates a lot, such as a support and tank. This way, they have a good chance of taking down said individual while also possibly doing damage to anyone who doesn't run away, and even if the support heals themselves... They will most likely be left alone, which can make them easier to take out for everyone else on your team.

Other than that, Skye is really just a much weaker version of Spy, which makes her more of an annoyance than a threat most of the time. The real issue is that there is no way to set her on fire or anything like that to make her easier to track. All of flank heroes can be tracked, but not her... There is no way to counter her invisibility, which is the issue and makes her a deadly force. She can jump into a fight, deal some damage (especially if she has some unique cards or match abilities) and if she gets hit too much, she can retreat so easily and be impossible to properly track unless she is just in a bad situation.

MrSheeppy
09-25-2016, 11:00 AM
I'm quite lazy at the moment so I'll skip what everyone has said and say my point of view. NOW THE BOMB KING WILL SPEAK. Skye is an extremely powerful champion with the obvious ability to stealth and go behind the enemy lines to deal with the snipers and back line champions. But currently she goes behind enemies lines but unless you have illuminate, which is pretty much only useful for finding Skye, it's quite hard to discover her. There was one thing where I read that she used to do insane damage unlike the damage she does now but that still can't change the fact that she's a powerful champion she can shred through 2000 health in like 3 seconds (That might be exaggeration but I'm fine with it), and by what I have seen can possibly do similar damage as Ruckus who is an actual tank who is made for that role. So a recommendation is to simply nerf the damage. Also her detection is quite a difference too, it would be fairly nice if you can spot her but it is extremely difficult to spot her unless you are up close. If not at least modify her health since she is a character made for enemy back line combat, not a DPS or tank role, and she can simply melt people like Barik or Kai(I'm not gonna try, it's the sniper woman that doesn't own the bow) which isn't much of a good thing for the receiving end which allows her to be picked by every good team of players. BOMB KING OUT

Ellezard
09-25-2016, 11:14 AM
Skye can go into stealth, but she has no tool to quickly move from one position to another.

Skye can run really fast while hidden, but she still has no way to close any kind of verticle distance gap due since she can only jump around and not dash or be sent flying.

Skye may deal a lot of damage upclose, but she has fall-off damage issue that in a game where nearly every character can box with some kind of disengage tool, make it so that if you can react to that stealth-kill attempt in a second, you will likely live.

And while Skye may does a lot of damage up close, the other 2 top performing flankers, Evie and Androxus, can do that as well with much better cards.

So yeah, she's just pubstompy for people with extreme tunnel vision issues. Even on damager,

Cassie can easily roll to the side and duel her (and with the roll-disengage build, 100-0 her mid-air after disengage shot)

Bombking has poppy bomb.

Dragoz abuses her fall off by jumping thrusting into the air.

Very few characters are really vulnerable to Skye, really, like Kinessa who is supposed to be hardcountered by her.

MrSheeppy
09-25-2016, 11:18 AM

It is a guess to try and find out what the enemy will be and how they will engage in attack, using cards to counter Skye but now what do I do about trying to fight everyone else but Skye? If I get an Illuminate item I just wasted my shield on trying to defeat a single champion. Now I got sniped because my card for quickscoping quicker was now transferred, tah dah!