View Full Version : Evie breakdown

Kadurkel
09-18-2016, 01:24 AM
Abilities:

Blink every 4 seconds
Blink range is pretty far by default
Blink gives you 30% bonus damage for 4 seconds
You can blink while being in ice block
You can Soar every 10 seconds (every 6 seconds with the card "Over the moon IV")
You can Ice block every 14 seconds (every 10 second with the card "Cold blooded IV")
You can shoot projectiles while flying on the staff (Soar)

Cards:

Up to 600 heal while in Ice block (200 heal per second for 3 seconds)
Up to 300 heal after Blink (which is every 4 seconds)
Blink range can be extended by up to 160%
Up to 4 seconds cooldown reduction on Soar
Increase duration of Soar by up to 2 seconds
Up to 4 seconds cooldown reduction on Ice block

Items:

"Chronos" as starting item to have EVEN LOWER cooldowns
"Kill to heal" heals even more

Now look at the sequence of events Evie can do with a healing deck:

Fly to the backline at an amazing speed
Pre-shoot a projectile while on the staff
Blink behind someone (and heal for 300 in case you were already damaged)
Hit 2 shots for a total of 2418 damage or 3 shots for a total of 3627 damage
If you had "kill to heal" get a 300 heal from the kill
Blink out to get a 300 heal
Iceblock if nessasairy to get another 600 heal
Go on your staff to get to safety
1 second after Ice block ended you can blink again for the second 300 heal
Repeat

So your enemies can hardly ever target you because you're so fast, you're in the air, you're teleporting constantly or are untargetable for 3 seconds during Ice block. Besides how effective Evie is, it also requires a lot of time to kill Evie and time spend trying to kill Evie loses you the game another way.

With the healing cards and "kill to heal" starting item Evie can heal for up to 1500 in less than 5 seconds while being invulnerable for 3 of the 5 seconds. Is anyone else puking yet? I know i am. I guess this explains why some people after some practice can reach 90% winrate with Evie. This is broken beyond broken :)

ZionPulse
09-18-2016, 09:13 AM
Yes Yes we know we get it

ThunderBubble
09-19-2016, 12:50 AM
Evie isn't op, She is very very weak, 1800 health. I think that's the lowest in the game, Not sure on that one though. And Her projectiles take forever to reach the destination.

Speed to her is everything, if you take away that, she would die every time. Her damage takes forever to get to the point you're aiming at, unless at close range. Evie isn't Op she is balanced.

In the hands of a skilled player she is good, but if you have a bad person playing her, your team will suffer a lose. She would be dying every minute, and "Feeding" the other team.

Kadurkel
09-19-2016, 02:53 AM
In the hands of a skilled player she is good, but if you have a bad person playing her, your team will suffer a lose. She would be dying every minute, and "Feeding" the other team.

The thing is that after a nerf the same thing would be true for the bad player, but the skilled player wouldn't absolutely dominate anymore and achieve winrates of up to 90% long-term. She's clearly overpowered, almost every good player rates her as top 3 strongest.

BDra
09-19-2016, 04:33 AM
Evie isn't op, She is very very weak, 1800 health. I think that's the lowest in the game, Not sure on that one though. And Her projectiles take forever to reach the destination.

Speed to her is everything, if you take away that, she would die every time. Her damage takes forever to get to the point you're aiming at, unless at close range. Evie isn't Op she is balanced.

Again, a higher skillcap isn't a reason to make a Champion stronger than others. There's plenty of people who can play her well and the others can learn to play her well.

Kadurkel
09-19-2016, 10:35 PM
Again, a higher skillcap isn't a reason to make a Champion stronger than others. There's plenty of people who can play her well and the others can learn to play her well.

And to be fair, having to play less than 20 games to get good with her isn't really a mega high skill-cap either. Bomb king and maybe Cassie probably have a higher skill cap.

Zenatsu
09-20-2016, 07:05 AM
After playing with her quite a few matches usually going 50-5 or 40+ with a bad group. I say the only problem with her is the low CD on skills. Each need at least 3 more secs on it. She has one of the highest single hit damage in game and literally no CD with the right cards.

She dies quite but that's nothing for what she can do. Only time i die is if i happen to land and targeted by 3 people and lose those 1.8k in a blink of eye. Other time i feel invincible.

In short she needs her CDs increased by 3s at least and damage maybe reduced to 850. And ditch the dmg bonus from blink.

And for those who say she's a high skill floor...No just no, took me 5 mins to pick her up and start terrorizing the map. The only counter to Evie is another Evie right now the rest can only wish to catch up.